Married: Oct 2015
TTC #1: Sept 2016
BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
TTC #2: July 2018
BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

Re: UO Thursday 10/19

• Options
    I've got nothing, but I had to pop in and say I love the GIF. Also, now I want popcorn.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @maddilatti i dont ever decorate for anything......like ever!!!!!! I told SO we would have to decorate for christmas this year and his response was "she wont be old enough to enjoy it so we have awhile before we have to deal with that."
  • Options
    @Piccola1988 I think it's crazy that as a kid when we went to restaurants there were still smoking and non-smoking sections! I don't know if this is nationwide or not, but in OR and WA there are restrictions on how close to a business you can be when you smoke (25 feet I think?) but I mean, that's not something that's easily to strictly enforce. I like the idea of designated smoking areas and if you're smoking outside of that area you get a ticket (like I've seen on certain college campuses and the like).
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    @MJDsquared I know - when we were young you could smoke anywhere!  I guess I was a lot more tolerant of it as a kid (plus now I am worried about my own kid).  I don’t think we have rules like that in NY (and if we do they’re definitely not enforced).  Designated smoking areas would be awesome, and they should be like...smelly holes in the ground.  I have zero problem treating smokers like pariahs :#
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Piccola1988 I agree 100%. We went to the county fair in August And I was so pissed - DS and I were online for lemonade and these two girls in front of us were smoking and blowing it our way and then when they were done, just threw the lit butt on the ground right there.  I usually am non-confrontational but in instances like this, I don't keep my mouth shut, especially with DS's asthma. And I work at a hospital and there are signs posted all outside "no smoking" and people still smoke and I always walk past and point out the sign. I totally know im being obnoxious but it's the one thing that drives me absolutely crazy. 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    @Piccola1988 ugh story of my life. The back entrance to my office building is within a tunnel like area and people like to smoke there, so it's like to walking through a tunnel of smoke every morning. So freaking inconsiderate!
  • Options
    I used to be a smoker in college through my early twenties. I confess, I loved the routine of coffee and a smoke in the morning, on breaks, when out drinking, social stuff, etc. I was oblivious to the kids, other non smokers, if i was rude...even smoked in the car and indoors. Yes, GROSS! I’ve been cigarette free for almost 10 years, and now every time I smell it I gag. I can’t believe I was inhaling that poison and it enrages me when a smoker is near my child. I want to slap cigarettes out of everyone’s mouth when I see it. 
  • Options
    While I hate walking behind smokers (I went to an Agricultural school in college, so pretty much everyone on campus), or unexpectedly through a cloud of smoke when I'm going into a building, if I know it's there, I actually kind of like the smell. More for nostalgia than anything. My maternal grandfather smoked until he was 78, and only stopped after his 2nd heart attack (and like 2 years later, lung cancer diagnosis. Shocking, right?). He was a 3 pack a day smoker, so it's not necessarily a bad smell to me anymore. But I really hate the sneak attacks, when you just don't see a cloud of smoke coming. Also, anyone who vapes. You're stupid. That's my entire argument, but I know I'm right.