July 2016 Moms
Options

Confessions

LDSJM123LDSJM123 member
edited October 2017 in July 2016 Moms
It's been too quiet! Let's hear some #sorrynotsorry confessions! 

Re: Confessions

• Options
    @LDSJM123 Eh she won’t care, I don’t know if we’ll go out either but if we do I’m going to let him have like two pieces and probably eat the rest. #sorrynotsorry haha. We will probably go to the Halloween at the Zoo event this weekend just because I think it would be fun and it’s made for littles so it’s not gross and creepy. 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hahaha @ldsjm123.  Elijah is actually being a monkey.  What will you do when they ask for pics?

#sorrynotsorry I nap with Elijah 5 days a week when I'm home with him and decided it's wonderful.
  • Options
    @LDSJM123 we aren't Halloweeners at all so I've just been telling people that when they ask what we're doing that day or what E is dressing up as.

Mine is I've used screen time more than I wanted to this week. E is getting 2 more top teeth and is being an absolute monster and I just can't deal. The only thing keeping her from tantruming is Curious George and My Little Pony. I don't have it on all day, just a couple hours, but it's enough to sort of make me feel guilty.
  • Options
    @schaze We’ve watched Frozen probably 20 times in the past week. I use it pretty shamelessly. Hope her teeth come in quick so she can feel better! 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • Options
    Oh I think I am totally jumping on board with the pass on Halloween 2017 plan. We LOVE to hand out candy at the house. It's a big deal on our street and we decorate lots. I'm not walking her around to the houses. The concept is way over her head, and she'd probably cry at the person trying to hand her candy, lol. I thought about dressing us all up to hand out candy at our house....but really it just seems like a lot of work. She has plenty of Halloween themed shirts and legging hand-me-downs we received. Maybe I'll just put her in some of that. Last year I failed too, and bought Halloween jammies from Gap. She was a "Little Monster" as that's what was on the jammies, lol. 
  • Options
    We're doing Halloween but its definitely just passing out candy in the driveway (we bring out the firepit and grill hot dogs and smores) and will probably take her to ONE neighbor...other than that---nope. 
  • Options
    @HoneyBear40 P still sucks his thumb and I’m not worried about it at all. I was a ‘worst case scenario’ thumb sucker (no joke, I think I was 10 when I finally stopped completely) and I am a fully functioning human (I think?) who never needed braces. He doesn’t even do it as much as I did anyways. Some random lady at Qdoba got on him about it and went on a rant about how he’ll need braces and ruin his life if he didn’t quit (he wasn’t even one then). People are so judgy sometimes! 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • Options
    E still takes a paci.. I was hopeful she was done with them after she weaned, but the last couple months she has a really hard time being without one.
  • Options
    @winnie1122 and @schaze I didn't think we were the only ones still with a paci but it's good to know we aren't! And it's not all the time, usually in the car or when she's super tired. What bugged me the most about the comment was this couple does not give their child a pacifier but every time he even makes a noise they are giving him food of some sort. DH & I went to an event with them and witnessed 3 bottles in a 2 hour span!
  • Options
    S still loves her paci.  She only gets it in the carseat and at sleep time (or if she is just super duper upset but that is rare) but she loves it and it works and I'm ok with that.  I forgot one once when she was with my in-laws and she said she did fine, napped still and everything w/o it so I don't know that it is necessary but we're so routine based I'm not ready to try and have her ditch it.
  • Options
    The once anti pouch mom (ME), now loves them. They're handy for the diaper bag and it's a fruit and veggie for snack time. So much winning. 
  • Options
    Yup I'm team pouch too!!!!!
  • Options
    AJ doesn’t really use a paci, but he chews on them when he is teething. I don’t give it to him at night or at any special times, he will just sometimes grab one out of his drawer and start chewing. I think it’s fine. 

Havent tried the pouches. AJ really like to EAT (pick up and chew) his food, so I don’t think he’ll go for it. At least his favorite thing to eat is fruit, but sometimes vegetables are hard
  • Options
    Oh team pouch ALL THE WAY. He has one with every meal and for snacks. He loves eating with his hands and spoon but it’s debatable how many peas he actually gets in his mouth as opposed to on the floor so it’s nice to know he at least gets a small serving of veggies/fruits several times a day! Plus he sucks them down so it’s a great quick snack.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • Options
    babycakesdaybabycakesday member
    edited November 2017
    We use pouches as snacks a lot here. She has gotten so picky about what goes in her mouth. She hates veggies and chicken and bacon. She literally throws them to the floor. Plus they're so easy for stroller strides!!! 

@ftm5 J does the same thing with her silicone pacifiers. We don't know where she found one but we noticed she was gnawing on it where her molars were coming in. So we leave one out if she wants to. 
  • Options
    Same for the pouches!  She gets a pouch of yogurt a day and if she didn't eat a particularly healthy or great meal/I'm concerned about her veggie intake she def gets a pouch.  She loves them and ditto to them being so so easy for the diaper bag.
  • Options
    My kids love the Mamma Chia pouches. Particularly the “green magic” variety. It has chia seeds, a bunch of different fruits (pineapple, banana, mango, etc), kale, and spirulina (essentially seaweed). They also have 2g of protein, so they’re filling too. There’s like five or six flavors, and I even suck one down on occasion when I’m on the go. They have them at Target, but we buy in bulk on Thrive Market which is basically like an all natural online Costco. 
  • Options
    @shanparadise I love thrive market! 

We don’t use pacifiers because Elise never took to one. We do buy pouches on occasion. They are definitely great for the diaper bag! I don’t use them at meal times but it’s nice to have a snack. She also eats them when she is sick with a fever and feels too tired to actually eat.