June 2018 Moms

Due Date Check-in: First Week of June (6/1 - 6/7)

We're testing out a new check-in process that will either be in addition to or instead of the ticker changes. Basically the ticker changes are based on if your ticker swaps over to a new week on a particular day of the week (mine is Saturday because I'll be 8+0 this Saturday), but this will be for everyone who is, say, 7 weeks right now. Our hope is that this will be a helpful check-in for folks going through the same things at the same times, and possibly more relevant than the ticker changes. Please bear with us while we work out the kinks for these. Suggestions welcome!

--
What's your EDD?

How are you feeling?

Any appointments this week/coming up?

Rants/Raves?

Questions?

GTKY: what's your favorite brand of bottled water?

What are your thoughts/suggestions about this new check-in format? (consider language in the prompts, structure, whether it should replace ticker check-ins or be additional, etc.)

Re: Due Date Check-in: First Week of June (6/1 - 6/7)

• Loading the player...
  • What's your EDD?
    June 3

How are you feeling?
    Tired, cranky, and the nausea has been gaining momentum. I threw up for the first time yesterday when attempting to take out the trash   :(

I have the educational appointment next Wednesday, then and OB and ultrasound two weeks after that. 

Rants/Raves?
    I just really love my OB. We have the same blood clotting disorder and commiserate about the daily injection of blood thinners. And she happens to be friends with my BFF, so we always have something to chat about during awkward exams.
    *TW* She’s also had several losses and cried with me when I had mine. *TW*

I absolutely love the big Smart Water bottles with the flip lid. I get one every time I go to an airport and reuse it for as long as possible. 

What are your thoughts/suggestions about this new check-in format?(consider language in the prompts, structure, whether it should replace ticker check-ins or be additional, etc.)
    I really like this new format, but I’d love to still do a little something so celebrate the ticker change. 
  • What's your EDD? I got different answers from different apps so I just took the average and am saying June 6th 

How are you feeling? Good but tired. Nice to have a day off. 

Any appointments this week/coming up? Nothing this week, but my first appt is on Monday. So happy it's finally less than a week away! 

Rants/Raves? I POAS again this morning and it turned positive in literally 5 seconds with the darkest line yet. I know I need to stop, but I can't. I just like having that confirmation that I am in fact still pregnant. 

Questions? not right now. I asked my question in the FTMs thread. 

GTKY: what's your favorite brand of bottled water? I tend to go for Smart Water if it's an option. 

What are your thoughts/suggestions about this new check-in format? (consider language in the prompts, structure, whether it should replace ticker check-ins or be additional, etc.)
    I really like this idea. I wasn't really participating in the ticker change thread but think I would participate in this one. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @Amphibious22 I still feel the urge to POAS.
    I decided it’s time to stop after last week, the positive line turned dark red before the control line even showed up lol. 
  • What's your EDD? June 4

How are you feeling? 
    Nauseous. So so nauseous 

Any appointments this week/coming up? First ultrasound on Friday (20th)!! Wahoooo!

Rants/Raves? 
    Food. All food makes me sick. So I don’t know what to eat at this point. 

Questions? 
    Not at the moment

Smart Water 100%

What are your thoughts/suggestions about this new check-in format? 
    I like either way :) I just like hanging with everyone 
  • @napqueen yeah DH told me I needed to stop. I think that will be my last time. Maybe.. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• What's your EDD? June 7th

How are you feeling? Ok so far. I’m exhausted all day, but can’t sleep at night and I’m crying at everything.

Any appointments this week/coming up? I have another ultrasound on the 30th

Rants/Raves? I’m so happy I found my ob! She really understands my way of thinking and says what I need to feel better about things. I’m kind of annoyed we are moving in the middle of the pregnancy, so I’ll have the fun of finding another in our new state. 

Questions? None at this moment

GTKY: what's your favorite brand of bottled water? No favorite. I try not to buy them because I think it’s stupid to spend money on water. 

What are your thoughts/suggestions about this new check-in format?(consider language in the prompts, structure, whether it should replace ticker check-ins or be additional, etc.) I don’t think we need additional check-ins. This or the other is fine. If I had to choose, I like this one because everyone else is around the same date. 
  • @Amphibious22 you aren’t alone. I’m a poas addict. I do it every other day. I need it for my peace of mind until I see/hear that heartbeat.
  • What's your EDD?
    6/5

How are you feeling?
    Getting over a cold- which amplified my pregnancy symptoms.  

next week

Rants/Raves?

Questions? nope

Smart Water- but I usually get Deer Park cause the cases are on sale all the time.

What are your thoughts/suggestions about this new check-in format? (consider language in the prompts, structure, whether it should replace ticker check-ins or be additional, etc.) . I like this- since we are all going through things at the time time (which would be really good if we were the last week of the month instead of the first).   But having a group going through changes all at the same time is nice.  It's also nice having the ticker changes to see how the different weeks are going through.  
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• What's your EDD? 6/2/18

How are you feeling? Crappy.  The nausea kicked in at the end of week 6 (I'm 7+3 now).  I'm not throwing up but by the end of the day I feel like utter crap.  I'm also exhausted, but can't seem to stay asleep at night.  Food just sounds terrible to me generally.

Any appointments this week/coming up? Tomorrow.  I'm going to ask about B6+Unisom.

Rants/Raves? I'm excited for my first appointment tomorrow.  My husband is traveling for work so he can't come so hopefully everything goes okay. I'm a lot less stressed the second time around too.

Questions? 

GTKY: what's your favorite brand of bottled water?  I'll drink any type.  I prefer sparkling (lemon / lime).  

What are your thoughts/suggestions about this new check-in format?  I like this a lot better.  My EDD was late in the month last time around and I always felt like I was behind.  Now that I'm really early in the month, it's nice to be surrounded by people with similar symptoms. I'm not a fan of the ticker changes (I didn't have them in my last BMB), and this just makes more sense to me. 
  • What's your EDD?
    6/4

How are you feeling?
    The exhaustion hits me hard in the afternoons. I've been trying to catch some sleep when DS naps but DD Ian making it hard with constantly climbing on me. 

Next Friday. 

Rants/Raves? Being pregnant with two toddlers is as tiring as I expected. 

Questions? nope

I like Fiji and Evian but hate paying for it. 

What are your thoughts/suggestions about this new check-in format? I dony mind having another check-in. I like that we are all going through the same stuff and it will be nice once we are further along. I'm forever mobile so I can't see my ticker but I like getting the update on my phone. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • What's your EDD?
    June 5th
    How are you feeling?
    Tired and nauseous mostly.
    Official dating ultrasound/pregnancy confirmation on October 26th
    Rants/Raves?
    I am very disappointed by the nausea this time around. Never had it with my other pregnancies. I also already feel like time is just dragging on. Found out I was pregnant in September before a missed period even and havent been able to start anything yet appointment wise.
    Questions?
    None right now. Maybe debating if ill try for a VBAC.
    Can a brita filter count?
    What are your thoughts/suggestions about this new check-in format? (consider language in the prompts, structure, whether it should replace ticker check-ins or be additional, etc.)

Doesnt matter to me =)
  • What's your EDD? 6/5/17

How are you feeling? Currently just exhausted.  But that might be too because I had a career fair today so I've been on my feet talking to people.  All.  Day.  

Any appointments this week/coming up? THURSDAY!!  I cannot wait.  

Rants/Raves? None at the moment...too tired to think ATM.

Questions?  none

GTKY: what's your favorite brand of bottled water?  At work we get HyVee spring water so that's mostly what I drink.  Least favorite?  Aquafina.  

What are your thoughts/suggestions about this new check-in format? I like it.  I think it's fun to compare to others that are in a similar place in pregnancy.  
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• What's your EDD? 6/7/18

How are you feeling? 
    So nauseous. The fatigue isn't nearly as bad this time around (possibly because with a 17 month old I don't know what it means to not be fatigued) but the nausea is kicking my butt.

Nothing until my US on the 30th

Rants/Raves?
    Rants - all food sounds awful. I had the same problem last pregnancy and ended up losing three pounds in my first trimester so I'm forcing myself to eat better this time around...which is a challenge

Raves - everything is going much faster for me this time around, most likely because I have a toddler going through a serious mommy phase right now taking all of my attention

Questions? 
    None

I don't know that I have a favorite brand of regular bottled water, but I'm in love with strawberry lemonade bai

What are your thoughts/suggestions about this new check-in format?(consider language in the prompts, structure, whether it should replace ticker check-ins or be additional, etc.)
    I think I like this format a little better because we're all at a more similar stage and it's a little less overwhelming than having everybody in one.
  • What's your EDD? 6/1

How are you feeling? I feel good overall. Besides my ongoing list of symptoms. I currently have a headache. 

Any appointments this week/coming up? Nope. But yesterday I got my teeth cleaned! No appointments for pregnancy related stuff. Not sure what I'm doing yet. 

Rants/Raves? My DH and I are basic ignoring each other and only speaking to each other when absolutely necessary for the sake of the kids I think. But otherwise avoiding and ignoring. It's fantastic..not.

Questions? No

GTKY: what's your favorite brand of bottled water? I truly cannot stand bottled water, plastic garbage making 1time use stuff. I drink rain water and use a refillable glass bottle. And I also don't trust "bottled" water. 

What are your thoughts/suggestions about this new check-in format? (consider language in the prompts, structure, whether it should replace ticker check-ins or be additional, etc.)  I think this is a fantastic idea! Makes way more sense and connects the ladies better going through similar stuff. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • What's your EDD? June 3

How are you feeling? mostly ok. Nausea comes in waves. Boobs still pretty sore. I feel like all I do is eat to avoid nausea. Very tired and a little moody. 

Any appointments this week/coming up?my first appointment is Nov 2. 

Rants/Raves? 

Questions?

GTKY: what's your favorite brand of bottled water?not really picky. But the more ice in my water, the better. 

I love this check in. I think it makes more sense to be with ladies with more similar EDD. I could have it replace ticker change but the idea of having ticker change be something fun is a good idea too :) 
  • What's your EDD? 6/5 (I thought it was 6/7, but at my appointment last week lil bean was measuring 2 days ahead)

How are you feeling? I had a virus last week that was horrible, but this week I'm mostly just really hungry which is making me feel queasy at times. I had a similar experience with dd.

Any appointments this week/coming up? Next appt is November 14. We had our first last week. My doctor said if I want to come in for a quick ultrasound to have ease of mind, I could any time before November 14. But I feel okay so far.

Rants/Raves? None at the moment. :)

Questions? Anyone use zofran before?

GTKY: what's your favorite brand of bottled water? I never buy bottled water. I always have a water bottle/nalgene on me. 

What are your thoughts/suggestions about this new check-in format? This is fine with me. 
  • @marcus7676 GL at your appointment!!  Hoping it goes well and you can post a picture in that u/s thread!!

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

• @marcus7676 YAY!!!  ***going to check other thread.***  :)

All are welcome!

• What's your EDD?
    June 7th

How are you feeling?
    Nauseous 

October 30th I wish it would get here sooner!

Rants/Raves?
    I got a damn stomach virus! And of course after "getting over" it I went straight to nausea so I'm feeling pretty shitty

Questions?

I prefer Gatorade or vitamin water right now, regular water is too gross

What are your thoughts/suggestions about this new check-in format?
    I'm still trying to figure out the format lol I'm not on here all the time so I'm getting confused, it's very different from 2+years ago. 

• What's your EDD? 6/1

How are you feeling?  nauseated, anxious, exhausted 

Any appointments this week/coming up? Ultrasound Tuesday!

Rants/Raves? Lately I have zero motivation at work and I feel like poo and I wish I could quit my job. 

Questions? Will I ever stop being scared to death/anxious over this pregnancy? lol

GTKY: what's your favorite brand of bottled water?  I'm picky about water--I taste the difference. SmartWater if I buy. We installed APEC 5 stage reverse osmosis tank in our kitchen sink and I love it. Save on bottled water and it tastes great. 

What are your thoughts/suggestions about this new check-in format? (consider language in the prompts, structure, whether it should replace ticker check-ins or be additional, etc.) I like this one--seems better organized. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker