February 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms | 10.16

Someone mentioned we were missing this post, so here we go! What's new?

Re: Weekly Symptoms | 10.16

• Options
    I caught myself in a full on waddle coming into work today. It is too early to start that  :D:D
  • Options
    @GoogleMD I noticed I started waddling a couple weeks ago after walking for a while. I had the same thought about it being too early and straightened up, but man, it was comfortable to waddle.

I think the muscle spasms are now actual kicks/movement. H said there's no way my ab muscles are spasming that much to be just spasms and he must be right, right? ;)
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @GoogleMD I noticed I started waddling a couple weeks ago after walking for a while. I had the same thought about it being too early and straightened up, but man, it was comfortable to waddle.

I think the muscle spasms are now actual kicks/movement. H said there's no way my ab muscles are spasming that much to be just spasms and he must be right, right? ;)
    With DS I mistakenly thought kicks were muscle spasms for an embarrassingly long time. One day I got 3 hard kicks in a row when It finally dawned on me those were kicks 
  • Options
    The only way I can sleep comfortably is on the couch propped up on pillows... which is weird because I’ve always been a side sleeper. And I waddle too - I feel like my uterus is in my vagina sometimes and it’s just more comfortable to walk that way - I’m embracing it  ;);)
  • Options
    I officially have no hips left. It was raining here and I tried to side carry my almost 3 year old so that we were both under the umbrella. It was darn near impossible.

Also, my normal pillow is now giving me headaches. I switched it out for my knee pillow (which is firmer) and it's a little better. I don't remember sleep being so uncomfortable this early before.
  • Options
    @GoogleMD I like to call it my ‘swagger’ hahahaha

For symptoms I am noticing being absolutely starving in the mornings still. I’ve been trying to remember to take my thyroid medication in the night when I get up to pee so that I can eat as soon as I wake up. 

And noticing shortness of breath this week. Stairs are hard. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pandappanderson - Me too. I walked from one side of my office to the other and needed to take a breather before I could talk. Yikes. 
  • Options
    Shortness of breath here too.  Although, I wonder sometimes it’s just because I’m so out of shape. When I had that bleeding at 12 weeks it really messed up my exercise routine bc I was terrified of it happening again. Now here I am paying for it big time. 

Definitely feeling strong movement finally at 24 weeks! DH keeps trying to feel, but LO always stops. Stinker.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    @Starynightsky24 I’m 24 weeks too and still not really feeling any movement. Damn anterior placenta. Makes me worry now and then that somethings wrong. Come on baby, kick me already!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Feeling more regular movement. I have an anterior placenta for the third time and didn't start to feel noticeable flicks until 19-20 weeks. 

I'm congested all the time, it seems, and still deal with heartburn, fatigue and headaches at times. The headaches are the most nerve-wracking because I'm supposed to watch for signs of pre-e and I often wonder if this or that pain/twinge is something to worry about since my BP started creeping up and I just squeaked by on my protein dip. *sigh*
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    I'm 21w 1d
    have had a headache since Sunday. Any remedies that help? Tried Tylenol which doesn't work. 

Also have the symptom of constantly feeling wet down there. Discharge and the need to pee is in full blast. I feel so nasty all day
  • Options
    I'm also team waddle and team out of breath. I feel tons of movement. DH got to feel the baby a few days ago and I actually saw my stomach getting bumped while I was taking a bath yesterday. 

My new one is the my c section scar is starting to itch a little. I've heard it can hurt some by the end. I won't be looking forward to that. 
  • Options
    Last night DH and I were absolutely cracking up over this article on Facebook called 43 Things You Didn't Want to Know About Sex. I can't even remember exactly what had us laughing so hard but I sat down hard on the bed and immediately peed my pants. I jumped up and ran for the bathroom. I hadn't even needed to go so I have no idea why my bladder decided to suddenly empty itself! Thankfully no spot on the bed and DH never noticed. I just got cleaned up and put my PJs on. At least I wasn't in public!!!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    My new one is the my c section scar is starting to itch a little. I've heard it can hurt some by the end. I won't be looking forward to that. 
    I have the same scar from myomectomies, and the scar tissue inside is causing me more lower abdominal pain already, and has been for weeks. I'm not looking forward to the later weeks either. I wore a belly binder this weekend when I was standing up a long time and it helped a lot with the pain. Because sadly, just standing up for a while makes it hurt more.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    I have to plan my trips around the house now due to my inability to breathe properly. We live in a two storey with a basement. If I'm on the main floor and I have to go both upstairs and downstairs for various reasons, I MUST go upstairs first. I cannot go down to the basement and then walk up two flights of stairs without a break. 
  • Options
    I have the same scar from myomectomies, and the scar tissue inside is causing me more lower abdominal pain already, and has been for weeks. I'm not looking forward to the later weeks either. I wore a belly binder this weekend when I was standing up a long time and it helped a lot with the pain. Because sadly, just standing up for a while makes it hurt more.
    Hmmm I wonder if that's part of my problem. If I'm up for a long time I get really crampy behind my scar but I hadn't thought they could be connected. Not that it matters either way, but it would definitely make sense. 
  • Options
    I’m also on board with those feeling winded and out of breath. The shortest walk or exertion makes me feel morbidly obese. Only real complaint this week is constipation. The struggle is real. Feeling stronger more frequent movement. I have an anterior placenta so have patiently been waiting. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm 21w 1d
    have had a headache since Sunday. Any remedies that help? Tried Tylenol which doesn't work. 

Also have the symptom of constantly feeling wet down there. Discharge and the need to pee is in full blast. I feel so nasty all day
    Have you tried peppermint oil for the headaches? Works really well for me. A drop on the temples and across the forehead. And behind the back of the neck. 
  • Options
    Posting again to add super irritable. Kids and I had appointments and errands today and I am just done. If I weren't pregnant, I'd be drinking right now and I want nothing to do with any form of human interaction. Oh, and did I mention that I knocked over a full cup of ice water in my van today? Icing on the cake, ya'll.
  • Options
    @love-mom-life Have you check blood pressure? Hypertension can pop up in pregnancy without a history and one of the first symptoms is constant headaches. If BP is fine, I find peppermint, ice water, or baths help. 
  • Options
    Lots of lower back pain this week, and still with the heartburn.  I have been feeling her for a while, every now and then while sitting down, but finally feeling her while standing up too!  I can't wait for it to be strong enough for DH to feel.  I think I mentioned this last week, too, but the "sleep intermissions" are still pretty consistent- just laying awake for an hour or so in the middle of the night.  
  • Options
    Can anyone explain what braxton hicks feel like to them? 

A few times a day I will have periods of time where my uterus will turn rock hard, usually more so on one side. Then it’ll ease off after about 30seconds. It isnt necessarily painful just really uncomfortable- like makes me feel sick to my stomach.

does that sound like bracton hicks?
  • Options
    @nightnurse92 that sounds right. Your uterus should tighten kind of like a box, so it won't feel round and smooth (in my experience.) Because they aren't true contractions, it won't flow in a downward motion, but kind of tighten all together. They won't get regular, closer, or longer in length over time. They are uncomfortable and can be a bit painful depending on your pain tolerance and how far along you are.

Generally you'll see an increase in them if you are dehydrated or have been active (exercise, sex, etc.) 
  • Options
    I'm feeling short of breath after walking at a store for roughly 10 min. I am also getting BH and cramping regularly at the end of the day around 5-7pm :(  23w5d
  • Options
    I'm 21w 1d

Tylenol does nothing for me either.  I get migraines, so from experience... try to stay hydrated.  Try a little caffeine.  If they are severe, talk to your doctor.  Mine gave me fioricet.  I take no responsibility for spelling that correctly.
  • Options
    22w here and getting out of breath walking 5-10 minutes from my car (up 2 flights of stairs) to my office.  Thinking about requesting a handicap tag from my doctor so I can park closer... weak?  nah!

• Options
    I cannot hold on to anything.  Today, I have dropped a coke bottle cap, a highlighter cap, pills, something else this morning. I've noticed this getting worse over the past week or so.  I don't remember this happening this early before.  But preggie brain, I forget a lot anyway.  And picking things up is stupidly difficult.
  • Options
    Anyone having dizziness? I legit almost tumbled over today picking up something from the floor... that really freaked me out:(  Heartburn is terrible too, strawberry milk and tums are my go to...TMI** I  now take two showers a day  because my underwear get wet all the time. I've heard  that sometimes this happens in pregnancy but didn't think it would happen until 3rd trimester.

DD angel baby 10/16 <3
    Rainbow Due 02/20/18

• Options
    @alemarie1 I use pantie liners. And the dizziness is normal. It could also mean you haven’t drank or ate enough so just make sure you aren’t forgetting to eat or stay hydrated
  • Options
    alemarie1 said:
    Anyone having dizziness? I legit almost tumbled over today picking up something from the floor... that really freaked me out:(  Heartburn is terrible too, strawberry milk and tums are my go to...TMI** I  now take two showers a day  because my underwear get wet all the time. I've heard  that sometimes this happens in pregnancy but didn't think it would happen until 3rd trimester.

Seriously the discharge I have been having these last few Days is crazy. Makes me worry. However It happened so wity my first to but I feel like it was later on. Panty liners. 
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Not sure what's going on here.  I sat down in my office chair just now and it felt cool and wet.  I'm not having overly crazy discharge.  I checked in the mirror and there is a wet spot on the back of my dress.  I don't feel like I'm having issues with my bladder.  SO and I were frisky this morning, so maybe some discharge?  (Sorry, TMI, I know.). But it doesn't seem like that either.  It seems clear and watery.  Anyone experienced anything like that?  Of course I don't have any pads or pantyliners.  And the machine in my office bathroom spit my quarter back at me.  LO is still in there moving around.  It honestly reminds me of when my water broke with DDs but it is WAY too early for that.  So hoping for some other explanation!

ETA: crap!  I'm going to call my doctor.  Worried.
  • Options
    @olitwinturbosnprincess this has been happening to me with my bladder lately, but I agree it's absolutely worth a call to your doctor and if you're worried don't hesitate to ask to be seen. Most likely nothing but always better safe than sorry when it comes to pre-term labor concerns!
  • Options
    @olitwinturbosnprincess I had this happen my whole third tri with my first, and for me it was either just watery discharge or my bladder being stupid and leaking (which I didn’t feel or anything, I didn’t ever feel like I lost any control there, but apparently it was getting squished enough) Certainly worth a call to the doc if you’re concerned, but also it could be perfectly normal (annoying, but normal) I wore liners always the last three months of my last pregnancy because of this. Hope it’s nothing for you too!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    Not sure what's going on here.  I sat down in my office chair just now and it felt cool and wet.  I'm not having overly crazy discharge.  I checked in the mirror and there is a wet spot on the back of my dress.  I don't feel like I'm having issues with my bladder.  SO and I were frisky this morning, so maybe some discharge?  (Sorry, TMI, I know.). But it doesn't seem like that either.  It seems clear and watery.  Anyone experienced anything like that?  Of course I don't have any pads or pantyliners.  And the machine in my office bathroom spit my quarter back at me.  LO is still in there moving around.  It honestly reminds me of when my water broke with DDs but it is WAY too early for that.  So hoping for some other explanation!

ETA: crap!  I'm going to call my doctor.  Worried.
    There were a few times with DD I thought my water broke and it didn’t... just crazy discharge. I was sure it was my water. Prayers it’s nothing! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    eggplantfaceeggplantface member
    edited October 2017
    @olitwinturbosnprincess FWIW after sex I get a gush of fluid that is clear and wet, not like discharge. Anywhere from a few minutes to an hour later. ETA it happens whether pregnant or not!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    @olitwinturbosnprincess I hope everything is ok!

+1 for shortness of breath. I’m also EXHAUSTED. I slept well last night (albeit with crazy vivid dreams and, according to DH, I was making weird noises and stealing blankets), but I don’t know how I’m going to make it through the day at work. I’m considering pulling a George Costanza and taking a nap under my desk during lunch.