Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS 10/16

***This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. If you are having a hard TTC day or TTCAL day this post may mention children or issues specifically related to parenting or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please feel free to lurk at your own discretion.***

What number are you trying for?

Cycle/Month?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

GTKY: If you had to go without something extra, phone/wifi/netflix. . . , what would it be?

Formerly known as Kate08young
August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
Married: 7/22/14
Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

Re: TFAS 10/16

• What number are you trying for? 3

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? TWW, should be able to test tomorrow!!

Ages of other child(ren)? L is 26 months, E will be 11 months Wednesday.

Any thoughts about this cycle? Its odd how during FW I couldn't have cared less about HIO, and this week I'm a horn dog. 

Any questions? nope. 

GTKY: If you had to go without something extra, phone/wifi/netflix. . . , what would it be?   I'd give up my phone. I hate having to remember to have it charged and on me all the time. I also hate that people can get a hold of me anytime. I mean, I know I can not answer but then I feel like an ass. 

• What number are you trying for? 2 biological 4 overall 

Cycle/Month? 3/3!(1/1 AL)

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? DS almost 3 Dsd 15 Dss 19

Any thoughts about this cycle? Meh

Any questions? Anyone used 1-2-3 magic on my their kids. How’d it work ?

GTKY: If you had to go without something extra, phone/wifi/netflix. . . , what would it be?
    I could live without Netflix if I have cable. Phone and internet are must haves, I would and have given up cable before those. 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • @princessloc good luck testing tomorrow!!

@kindbytealikat I have not but I've heard good reviews!

What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? TWO  (currently CD 2)

Ages of other child(ren)? DS is 22 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Feeling good! 20 OPKs are on their way to my house as of this morning, no caffeine, and taking prenantals. I'm ready for O!

Any questions? Not really a question but I'm wondering if I need a bump break... I find myself bumping at work when I have a million things that need done and can't wait to check out all the threads lol we aren't telling anyone that we're trying though so this is my only outlet!

I'm thinking phone...I thoroughly enjoy when I have a break from it some days but wouldn't do so willingly

• Best of luck tomorrow @princesslockness

Cycle/Month? 1

WTO/TWW? TWW I think

Ages of other child(ren)? My son is almost 19 months 

Any thoughts about this cycle? Well I'm on CD 40 something so I don't know tbh. But had a blazing positive last Thursday and j have done OPKs since and they're negative so Fx I actually O'd because I DTD the day before and the day after 

Any questions? Nope

Not my phone because I need to stay in touch but I could easily go without the TV for ages! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 2/2 ntnp

WTO/TWW? Tww

Ages of other child(ren)? 8.5m

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm getting myself irrationally hopeful. 

Any questions? Not right now

Csble... we haven't watched it for ages. We need internet for H's job, so that will always be around, but I really only use Wi-Fi for tb.
  • What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 2/2 (tried for about four last year but then got benched with an open myomectomy in February)

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? Just trying to be a little more relaxed. I’m trying to be the healthiest I can so I’m feeling a bit better in general, except for that ice cream I had last night...

Any questions? For anyone that’s temping, do you set an alarm every day? 

GTKY: If you had to go without something extra, phone/wifi/netflix. . . , what would it be? I could do without the Netflix, as long as we have our Kodi box. Greatest thing ever, you can watch any movie or TV show on it!
  • @kindbytealikat a friend used 123 magic with her kids and swore by it, but thats all I got!

@princesslockness good luck tomorrow!

Cycle/Month? 4/4

WTO/TWW? TWW-I should be testing wednesday

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? I am also irrationally hopeful...but trying hard not to let my crazy get out of wack. 

Any questions? Nope.

GTKY: If you had to go without something extra, phone/wifi/netflix. . . , what would it be? Netflix. We have other stuff we can watch. Could not survive without the internet.
  • ecwkecwk member
    edited October 2017
    @mrs_drc_rn

I hope to start temping next cycle if I'm not pregnant, but I did temp to conceive DS. I used to do it when I woke up in the morning during the week (mostly same time every day) and would set an alarm at the weekend for approx the same time and go back to sleep afterwards. Idk if that's necessary to do. 
    Because I still don't typically STTN now I think I'll try doing the same and see how it goes, if needs be! 

Edit autocorrect

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kindbytealikat I used the one for teachers at the first school I taught at and really liked that it gave students a chance to correct their behavior. I think anything that does that is a positive thing.

Cycle/Month? 0/2

WTO/TWW? Always WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? DS is 17 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? I almost always have a lot of EWCM. I guess it's my body constantly trying to ovulate? But the last few days it has been a TON. And that's even with taking Benadryl. Trying not to get my hopes up, but I am anyway. However, we've had a rash of sickness at our house, so HIO had not been happening.

Any questions? -

I'm addicte to my phone, but a day without it always feels better.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Stupid question re: the cycle/month question. I figured the two numbers would be the same but does it just mean if you don't O every month, for example? Like for me it could be my second month (sept and oct) but only my first cycle since I'm past day 40? Sorry if that's a dumb question. 

@lalala2004 fx that's a good sign!! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ecwk that’s exactly what it means. I’ll be into my third cycle, before the 3rd calendar month.

• Can I ask a strange question? I figured this was the best thread to ask on so I hope that’s okay. How do you guys keep up with the dailies? Or do you? I’ve only been active on here for a short while and I am trying to stay active and involved but I am finding it really hard to keep up with the daily threads and the comments. I have an almost 2 yr old and I find that if I can’t post on a break at work then I don’t have the time until 8 at night. And then by that time I’m wondering if I should just wait until the next days thread. Then the whole issue starts again. Haha  I really want to stay active so please tell me how you guys do it? I hope that’s okay to ask ask. 
  •  @ewck Yes. Or the opposite. My cycles are on the shorter side of 26-28 days. So after a few cycles I'll have more cycles than months. But there are a ton who are 30-? day cycles.

@Mmyles87 I did what I can, but I know I'm not the most active. I try and respond to people and di tge check ins, but that's about what I've got. I think the biggest key is to interact, not just post. So I'm trying my hardest to do that...
  • @Mmyles87 I'm finding it too hard to interact too... I figured the TFAS thread is a good fit for me so I'd try hang out here mostly and hopefully I'll get a BMB soon and I'll definitely get involved there. My BMB last time was amazing! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Mylitta yeah, I agree with you. I always want to check in and interact with people but feel silly chiming in at 8:30 at night when the day is almost over. Maybe I’ll just have to choose my slower days at work to try to participate more in the dailies. 
  • @Mmyles87 I feel the assume. Randomly I will post, only because I've noticed others still responding then too. 
  • @ecwk yes, it’s challenging. I really want to be involved because it seems like there are so many great people here but am finding it hard to keep up with the posts. That’s great you had a good BMB last time. FX that will happen soon! 
  • For any of you who used to Bump when you were pregnant before, didn't you find the tri boards to be way more active? Feels like some parts are
    pretty dead compared to how fhey were before. 
    @lalala2004 have you been bumping this whole time since having DS? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Mmyles87 jump in at anytime! I’m a nurse and I work overnights on the weekends, so you’ll catch be bumping late at night. Like I’m doing right now at 1:30 AM when the shift has finally settled down. 
  • @ecwk I'm almost wondering if we do a weekly TWW and WTO instead of daily if that would be more helpful. It seems good conversations get started sometimes and then people stop responding to post in the next daily instead. For the most part, it's the same information and that might get more people involved if it's a weekly thread instead of daily! I was somewhat involved in my BMB last time and it was much easier to keep track with threads that were more than a day. Just a thought! I try to find time at work either way :)
  • Hi all! 

What number are you trying for? 3

Cycle/Month? 15/11 (with a couple months benched for work / moving / life)

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? Two boys - 4 and 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm frustrated because my husband is going out of town during FW. There's a chance he may not have to, but I'm not banking on it. I have an HSG later this week too, which I'm a bit nervous about. But, maybe I'll be one of those SS's that gets knocked up after it (yeah right!). Otherwise, just doing my normal stuff tracking! 

Any questions? I second everyone's comments about difficulty posting in the dailies. I really want to, but have such a hard time keeping up with the tagging! I'm usually mobile bumping, and can't remember all the names to tag! I need a notepad or something to keep track! 

GTKY: If you had to go without something extra, phone/wifi/netflix. . . , what would it be? Phone! I recently disconnected from social media (unless you count The Bump, I guess?). If it wasn't for work, I'd toss this sucker and never look back! 
  • @ecwk My BMB was active until soon after the babies were born and we moved to Facebook. I stayed active in LFAF (private group for those that don't know) but that group has moved to a private proboards. I started posting in BOTB and I still post there as well as here. I agree, the Tri and other boards used to be more active. I think every board was more active before the mas exodus and it has slowly dwindled from there. TTGP and the BMBs stay the most active, but I feel there is still less participation there, too. I think it's a combination of factors: The BGs not letting people have fun and Facebook being a big pull for pregnancy and mom groups.

@Mmyles87 I tried when we first started TTC and struggled with it, mostly because I don't have a cycle, so I would perpetually be stuck in WTO. Maybe when if and when my cycle returns I'll try again.
    *Siggy Warning*

• i took last cycle off from TB but I'm back. 

Cycle/Month? 4/4

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 2 yo DS

Any thoughts about this cycle? It's only day 7

Any questions? Nah

GTKY: If you had to go without something extra, phone/wifi/netflix. . . , what would it be? Probably TV. But with the internet I could just watch on the Super TV! (Which it computer and if you've seen Wyatt Cenac's standup you might get my reference) 
    TTGP October siggy 

***TW Living child and loss mentioned***

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    13 March 2017: Loss at 4+6

• @Mylitta @ecwk @lalala2004 @mrs_drc_rn @JLS12JSP  Thanks you guys, I’m glad to know I’m not the only one who struggles with this. I think I’ll try sticking to this thread unless I  know I’ll have to time to do tags and catch up on what everyone’s is saying in the dailies. Thanks for your feedback! 

@JLS12JSP  yes I have noticed that too. Which is fine, I’m just never sure whenever to jump in. Haha 
  • @Mmyles87, I actually asked about BFPs for those of us who can't keep up with the dailies, last week. I can typically read through them, but trying to interact in the passing period between classes is just impossible for me. I 100% understand where you are at. 

• @princesslockness yes, I totally agree. I remember reading that and the comments when you posted that. I understood where you were coming from. That’s why I was so curious to ask how everyone else kept up with everything. 
  • Jumping in today!

@kindbytealikat  Yes--to Magic 1-2-3.  It works really well if you are consistent with it.  I tend to "talk" too much and it helps simplify situations and makes it easier for you as a parent not to have to justify why you said yes/no.  Feel free to PM me if you have more questions. :)  I need to re-visit it because I have slacked off using it.
    @mrs_drc_rn I'm with you!  I'm trying to eat healthier, but I have such a sweet tooth.
    @SmashJam  I'm with you!  Not sure if I could survive without the internet.  MH always makes fun of me.  :D
    @Mmyles87  A lot of times I post in the dailies either early morning or late at night.  If I have time to jump in during the day, I will.  Some days I do not get to post at all.  And I take a break from all online activities on Sundays.
    @therealbitts  Hoping YH does not have to go out of town.  We missed a month due to MH's work travel.  It was a bummer.  Keep me posted on how your HSG goes.  I am going to schedule one soon and I'm a bit nervous.  Have you met with an RE yet or do you go for your HSG and then have a meeting to discuss the results? 

What number are you trying for? 4

Cycle/Month? 5/6 (1 benched)

WTO/TWW?   TWW but about to go back to WTO

Any thoughts about this cycle?  Hopeful for the next one!

Any questions?

Netflix...I do not watch a lot of tv/movies.
  • @princesslockness good luck testing today!!! 

@JLS12JSP I agree, I think daily threads are too confusing. But then again, I'm a newb here again and wouldn't dream of messing with the established format although it's way different from when I used to be active on TB. 

@lalala2004 the regs from my BMB moved to FB a couple of months before the babies were born and once the babies were here we pretty much abandoned TB in favour of FB. I tried to keep up with LFAF after I had DS but with a newborn it was just waaaay too much. Hope all those LFAF gals are doing well!!! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • What is LFAF? I have seen it on signatures throughout the years and I still haven't figured out what it is. 
  • Lisa frank and friends. Its a private group here
  • @dukestar5 yes I've seen an RE. I had borderline low AMH after blood work, but everything else checked out fine with me and MH. Part of the doc's protocol is to do an HSG to rule out any blockages. I'm nervous, but it does help to know that sometimes it increases your chances for pregnancy. From there, we will decide whether to do an IUI. It's frustrating to be here - we got pregnant easily with our first two, but I'm trying to take it day by day. Have you met with an RE?
  • On mobile so I can’t easily copy/paste - sorry for the format! I agree with everyone above about how much more difficult it is to check in and keep up with a toddler than it was the first time around!

Cycle/month? 0/1 if you can call it that...

WTO/TWW? As @lalala2004 says, always WTO...

Any thoughts about this cycle? Just waiting for one to actually officially begin. DD has all of a sudden been sleeping better the last few nights (only waking once to nurse during the night), so I was hoping my cycle would return, but not as of yet...

Any questions? How long did it take for others’ cycles to return after weaning?

GTKY: We rarely watch cable or Netflix these days, so I could easily give them both up. DH recently upgraded our cable package to be able to watch hockey games and I tried not to be upset because we never actually have time to watch - so why pay more? But he also recently got a pay increase, so I guess I can’t complain too much...
  • @Mmyles87 I agree that the dailies can be challenging to keep up with. Between work and after-work time with the toddler, it usually only leaves the evenings - and I'm on the west coast so most everyone else is checked out by then. I try my best to pop in when I can break away during the day, but it's tough. I also think the bump format makes it more confusing and time-consuming than it needs to be. I wish it could be more conversational like on facebook. Honestly, considering how most people are used to a facebook-like experience, forums with this kind of awkward, old-school format may not have much life left in them for much longer - which, I get is sad for people not on FB - but TB really needs to modernize their platform if they want to stay relevant.
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• TBH the fact that they turn into giant randoms threads doesn't help. When I was on TTGP the first time the dailies were almost exclusively TTC related. There were more threads and GTKYs. Honestly I think a lot of people on TTGP are in private groups and have their fun in there. If the BGs weren't so concerned with app reviews where people say everyone is mean, people would be able to participate how they like without fear of getting banned. That's what people liked about TB back in the day. It's still better than Babycenter and all the other fluffy, woo pregnancy boards, but it's never going to be as active as it once was.
    *Siggy Warning*

• ack2014ack2014 member
    edited October 2017
    I agree with everyone else on trying to keep up with the dailies...I intro’d a few days ago but feel like I can’t keep up to where people will actually recognize my screen name, but I will try! I mostly lurked my last pregnancy and have been lurking on this board and June BMB (because let’s be honest they’ve had some good drama so far!) for the last few months. I’m primarily on mobile so trying to figure all that out and agree with @mrsinterweb that TB seriously needs to revamp their interface...but anyways...hope to get to know you ladies and also that our stays here are short! 

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? TWW technically but our timing was bad due to work travel so I might as well be WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? (almost) 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not really, ready for the next one

Any questions? Why does it keep posting under my old screen name!?! I’m not this technically challenged 

GTKY: If you had to go without something extra, phone/wifi/netflix. . . , what would it be? Netflix...I use my phone/WiFi way too much to go without!
  • nmbrcrnchr1nmbrcrnchr1 member
    edited October 2017
    I must be IT challenged, or it’s the fact I only slept 4 hours last night...above post was under my old knottie name 
    I deleted my old account so hopefully this will work from here on out! 

I agree with everyone else on trying to keep up with the dailies...I intro’d a few days ago but feel like I can’t keep up to where people will actually recognize my screen name, but I will try! I mostly lurked my last pregnancy and have been lurking on this board and June BMB (because let’s be honest they’ve had some good drama so far!) for the last few months. I’m primarily on mobile so trying to figure all that out and agree with @mrsinterweb that TB seriously needs to revamp their interface...but anyways...hope to get to know you ladies and also that our stays here are short!

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? TWW technically but our timing was bad due to work travel so I might as well be WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? (almost) 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not really, ready for the next one

Any questions? Nope

GTKY: If you had to go without something extra, phone/wifi/netflix. . . , what would it be? Netflix...I use my phone/WiFi way too much to go without!
  • @dukestar5 just sent you a reply! 
  • @catwoman8731 I have PCOS and nursed my son for 15ish months (towards the end he didn't actually consume much) I had a period in May I think and then August and September (early September) still nothing yet this month! 
    So that's not a very helpful answer, sorry! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • What number are you trying for?

Cycle/Month?

1/1

WTO/TWW?

TWW

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Having a hard time figuring out O day.  Got a positive OPK 10/19 but no obvious ovulation signs since and am still getting pretty strong lines on OPK (although technically negative)  

Any questions?

How do you keep yourself from obsessing during the TWW?

I could live without Netflix.  
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19