April 2018 Moms
Options

A different twist on a registry question

OK, so many moons ago when I was having our daughter, we registered at Babies R Us and Target. 

Well, with all of the talk of ToysRUs and Babies R Us filing for bankruptcy, and saying that they will “definitely be open through the end of the year”, is anybody going to register there? 

My friends are throwing me a shower because I got rid of everything baby 8 years ago. I want to create a registry solely around BRU, because they have the most variety for me *in store*, but if they aren’t going to be around when I have my shower, I am torn if I should register there.

My Target baby section is Super small, and I know a lot of my friends and family like to shop in store rather than online.

so is it worth it to still create a registry at Babies R Us? We have a Buy Buy baby  very close by as well, but I find their prices are so much more than anywhere else around here for the same products. 

Re: A different twist on a registry question

• Options
    I believe you will be ok registering at BRU.  They filed for Chapter 11 so their intend is to still stay in business.  Now maybe a few stores could close but I think that would still be a little way in the future. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    I believe you will be ok registering at BRU.  They filed for Chapter 11 so their intend is to still stay in business.  Now maybe a few stores could close but I think that would still be a little way in the future. 
    Oooo interesting... I just keep hearing mixed things/Christmas only, so I wasn’t sure.

I have a friend that has worked for the company for 12 years and even they are getting mixed messages!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    realistically we don't need to register for at least a couple more months. You could wait a month or two and see how the BRU Chapter 11 stuff goes and then make your decision.

Worst case scenario, if you really can't wait to create a registry but then BRU closes - just print out your BRU registry list and then click the boxes on another store's website to create another registry *shrug*
  • Options
    I'm having my shower early in January and I have decided to register at Buy Buy Baby for this exact reason. They tend to have coupons out so I figure most people will get some break on the cost if they purchase with a coup. I would rather not risk it but that's just me.   
  • Options
    I feel like sites like babylist.com were created for this exact reason.  You say what you want and it'll give site recommendations for a person to buy or they can go find it at whatever store they want.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mikkimikey Usually when a business files Chapter 11 or 13 they are hoping to remain in business they just want to move their debt around,  chapter 7 is for liquidation.  I have some friends who work at Toys R Us and they too are also getting different information.  Time will only tell. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    Last time I registered at both BRU and Amazon. Both in store and online shopping options- and I guess there’s a back up in case something happens with BRU. Amazon had a great completion discount if I remember. 
    Married: May 26, 2012
    Eden: February 8, 2016
    Ivy: April 3, 2018
    Baby 3.0: Due September 26, 2020
  • Options
    Thank you for pointing this out, I never even thought of it!
  • Options
    viggie17 said:
    Thank you for pointing this out, I never even thought of it!
    Anytime!! I tend to overthink things, so I wanted to think ahead on this one!
  • Options
    BRU managed to get a box of glossy little registry pamphlets for Fall 2017 into my midwives office waiting room. They must be trying hard to get people to register there
  • Options
    I don't know if you'll have a problem with BRU, but have you considered an Amazon registry?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would LOVE to do an online only registry, but all of my older family members had a hard time with my wedding shower...
  • Options
    I don't know if you'll have a problem with BRU, but have you considered an Amazon registry?
    I definitely have, but I have a lot of old-school friends and family that prefer to shop in the stores!