March 2018 Moms

Symptoms—Week of 10/15

It seemed like time for a new one of these. :smile:

Re: Symptoms—Week of 10/15

• The Charlie horses are back. I think the ones this morning were a result of my flight yesterday but ugh. I hate them. 
  • Still feel like my pelvis/vag is going to bust. Is this SPD? How do I know the difference between that and concerning pressure? My entire pelvic bone feels bruised. My next appt is Tuesday morning thank goodness. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @chasingroygbiv you’ve had it for a while haven’t you? Is it worth calling into the after hours or nurses line to at least get some reassurance?
  • Braxton hicks like whoa. I definitely did not have them this early with my first. Need to drink more water probably. 
  • Braxton hicks regardless of how much water I drink, emotional. Back pain and super sore boobs, but I’m weaning my daughter so that might be a mixture of things. Hungry ALL THE TIME. 
  • @chasingroygbiv - I am having tons of pressure there as well.  This pressure feels like the end of pregnancy compared to half way through.  I also have my anatomy scan and 20 week appointment Tuesday.  

I also started spotting yesterday (light pink) and today I had some bleeding and passed a small blood clot this morning.  I called the on call this morning and he said to continue normal activity and nothing to be concerned about.  I've continued light pink spotting all day today.  So that's a bit unnerving.  
  • @mmom3, are you able to send a message online to your personal provider? Sometimes that's a better bet for quality feedback. I'd send one this morning or give a call to have your OB's nurse or OB call you back about the blood clot you passed. Spotting can be normal throughout pregnancy, but it's always cause for calling your OB when you can. Any stimulation to that area can cause a bit of spotting (e.g., DTD), and extra time on your feet or exercise can also cause a little depending on your history. I hope it all resolves without issue!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yesterday while grocery shopping I got pretty dizzy to the point I felt like I was going to faint. Had my fiance take me to go get a bit to eat, and was fine after - but that was pretty scary. I also have been having charlie horses, probably about once a week.

@mdfarmchick I'm with you on the charlie horses. I really could do without them. :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
    **TW in Spoiler**
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/683816

BFP 6/30/16, MC 8/21/16
    BFP 05/04/17, 5/10/17 Emergency LAP due to ectopic. Right tube removed.

BFP 07/12/17, ECDD 03/25/18  -  Silver Orion Born 3/23/18
    BFP 09/30/19, EDD 06/11/20

• @mdfarmchick @SoraLk I'm with you on charlie horses as well. I always get them in the middle  of the night. ouch.
  • @newmomtx06 @SoraLk the ones that wake you up are the absolute worst. With my first I got them in the third trimester and they were awful. Guess they are starting earlier this time. Ha. 
  • Aaaaand the congestion has started. Typically, for me, once it starts it doesn't go away so... here's to 5 months of mouth breathing :neutral:
  • @bb3vj3n You're not alone. I was told last week that I gained 9 lbs in 4 weeks. Doctor wasn't overly concerned, but did suggest I try a little harder to eat the right foods. Whoops.  :s

@syssa-o I'm sorry about the congestion. It's a pain not being able to take anything useful for it while pregnant. 

@newmomtx06 @mdfarmchick Yup, I get them at night too. Then usually my leg hurts the whole day after that... Sorry they started earlier this time around for you @mdfarmchick
    BabyFruit Ticker
    **TW in Spoiler**
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/683816

BFP 6/30/16, MC 8/21/16
    BFP 05/04/17, 5/10/17 Emergency LAP due to ectopic. Right tube removed.

BFP 07/12/17, ECDD 03/25/18  -  Silver Orion Born 3/23/18
    BFP 09/30/19, EDD 06/11/20

• @mdfarmchick Yes, I’ve had the pressure for a few weeks now. Doctor thought it was a normal part of pregnancy plus BV. This is different now though, still some pressure in the pelvic FLOOR area, but the bruising feeling/pelvic (front) pain is new. My appointment is first thing tomorrow morning so I’m definitely going to ask and also have them take a look at my cervix when they do my u/s. The pain feels similar to when you do crunches, but in my pelvis. And it hurts to touch. 
  • @syssa-o I am on the congestion train as well. At night, I can't breathe through my nose at all and every morning spend 10 minutes blowing my nose

I am starting to become uncomfortable in my work chair (i sit all day) I think its time for a support pillow. Still major aversion to meat and not hungry at night, but now hungry all morning which is a wonderful change :) 

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

Me: 28  Him: 30

Married: 11/15/14

TTC: 02/2016

IF DX: MFI (low count & morphology) & mild PCOS

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

August 2016 BFP - MC @6w1d

June 2017 - 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP 7/6/17!!

Beta #1 = 422 (14dpo), Beta #2 = 810, prog - 12.3 (16dpo), Beta #3 = 5023, prog - 18.9 (20dpo)

[/spoiler]

• @isntthatspeshul same... I never felt them at all the first time around! Crazyness!

@bb3vj3n I'm trying desperately to control my dessert intake (I am constantly craving it!!) I was smaller to start out with thanks to breastfeeding but have gained almost 20lbs already, which actually is about the same as the first time around. I've been told some people gain more in the beginning and some people more in the end. I think I gained 35-40 total with DS1 and fortunately was able to lose it all just from breastfeeding (I know not everyone is this lucky though!!) Anyway, don't feel bad!! Everyone gains pregnancy weight differently!
  • @sarahhedger7 McDonald’s has the steak breakfast sandwich back and I can’t be held accountable for how many of them I eat. 
  • @bb3vj3n, I'm with you on the weight gain. I'm 17 weeks today and up 14lbs (excuse me while I go sob in a corner). Add to that the fact that I'm starting this pregnancy 40lbs heavier than I was when I got pregnant with DS and I'm a wreck about my weight gain. 

Fortunately I KNOW I can motivate myself after delivery to get back into shape (I lost all my weight after having DS). But it's still super discouraging right now. I hear you! I'm trying to focus on eating healthy now (note I just ate a grilled cheese sandwich, such a hypocrite)
  • gh515gh515 member
    edited October 2017
    I'm irrationally moody and hormonal, and my upset moods last an illogical amount of time. I was on the pill for endometriosis for 9+ years before pregnancy, so I think moving from suppressed hormones to extra hormones in so short a time has me mentally and emotionally blagh. 
  • Braxton Hicks no matter how hydrated I am and heartburn. Also, I always feel hungry and want unhealthy/high calorie food but my doctor warned me at my first appointment I need to do better watching my weight this time and I’ve already gained 10 pounds at 17 weeks, and I’m starting this pregnancy 10 pounds heavier than with my last so it’s just hard. I’m just cranky and want fries and cake.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Still feel like my pelvis/vag is going to bust. Is this SPD? How do I know the difference between that and concerning pressure? My entire pelvic bone feels bruised. My next appt is Tuesday morning thank goodness. 
    I have pain down there too. It's really difficult to describe - it's not the pelvic floor muscles, it's not my actual vag, it's the groin? That seems like such a vague term. If feels like muscles to me, but I don't know what's down there? Sometimes it's an ache when I move and sometimes it's lightning vag. 
    Let us know what your Dr says. My appt isn't until Thursday, but I'll let you know what I hear too. I did go to prenatal yoga last night and told them about it and they just nodded yep, it's some sort of "normal." 

And I also have an awful stuffed nose. I think it's just allergies, but it almost feels like a cold. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @fatstagnation They checked my cervix by u/s and pelvic exam— long and closed. Checked for a UTI rapid was negative but will culture it. For now he believes it’s probably baby getting bigger/positioning and/or the fact that I’m only having a bowel movement once a week if I’m even that lucky.  :/ Let me know what your doctor says! 
  • @fatstagnation They checked my cervix by u/s and pelvic exam— long and closed. Checked for a UTI rapid was negative but will culture it. For now he believes it’s probably baby getting bigger/positioning and/or the fact that I’m only having a bowel movement once a week if I’m even that lucky.  :/ Let me know what your doctor says! 
    Oh man! I'll be thinking of you. hang in there. I'll def report back on Thurs. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @LiveNLove44 - just had my 20 weeks U/S and they couldn't find a cause for the bleeding.  They think my cervix may have been irritated by a cream I was using to treat the start of a yeast infection.  Cervix is high and closed and placenta is positioned up top.  Everything looks okay except I do a cyst growing on one of my ovaries.  The doctor was thinking if would disappear, but its grown.  Eventually they will most likely surgically remove it and the doctor hopes they won't have to take the whole ovary.  
  • My left rib feels like it's being suffocated by all the organs being pushed into it. This was the same for all of third trimester with DS except it was mainly his bony butt contributing. Yay for everything shifting waaaaay sooner in a subsequent pregnancy and having pain earlier!
  • barrelocarolbarrelocarol member
    edited October 2017
    Ugh to the weight gain. I have been working out and eating very well, mainly bc losing weight after my last pregnancy was incredibly difficult and I fear struggling again. 

In 19 weeks, I only gained 8lbs. All of the sudden, I gained 4lbs in 2 weeks. I know it's not a big deal but I am reliving how long and hard I worked last time and am feeling things. 

Edited to add: I have always believed the body does what it needs. I may end up gaining the same amount of weight even though I've treated this pregnancy very differently. 
  • Holy Braxton hicks - I don't remember these as early the first time around! 
  • I will add to that "holy hemorrhoids". Ugh. Like a nice early harbinger of the third trimester and beyond. @_@
  • @justkeeptrying Yes to the suffocating rib! Also, I don't remember being able to feel baby's weird rolly movements so early. Like when you can tell they are in a ball with their little bums sticking up. 
  • And let's add "excessive emotions" to the mix. I cried twice this morning- once during the news, and again when I found the peanut butter jar empty when my toast was ready. I don't know how anyone can hang out with me anymore.

• chasingroygbiv well, my midwife said "yep. that's normal." and when I asked what to do about it she was like, well you could try a chiropractor, don't do the things that hurt, but it's not really going to go away.
    DH asked about tylenol and she said yes but you can over do it so be careful. 
    -_-  
    I asked Dr. Google about pelvic girdle pain, which sounds exactly like what I have, and there are some exercises and also recommendations to keep hips higher than knees when sitting, keep knees together when getting out of car or rolling over in bed. Looks like in the UK there's physical therapy...
    Fun times!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @fatstagnation I thought mine sounded like that as well. Today my hips have started bothering me so, so much. I’m wondering if mine is from this not being my first pregnancy? Not sure.. 
  • @fatstagnation not sure what your health insurance is like, but there are pelvic PTs in the US, too. Might be worth looking in to?
  • Black and blue marks on my legs. Has anyone had this in pregnancy?? It kinda is freaking me out. Having a doc appointment later today and will mention it....
    orherwise, I haven't been having any symptoms! 
  • My lower back is really starting to hurt the last couple of days, and I'm only 17+4. How am I going to keep up with my toddler when I'm already struggling to chase him around and put him in the car seat?? 

Any suggestions? I'm in tears right now. 
  • paigew123  that sounds scary. I wish I had something helpful to say. Please let us know what your doc says. 

@justkeeptrying oh gosh I'm so sorry. See if you can get some PT. If not, maybe check some of the youtube videos. I searched physical therapy for back pain during pregnancy and got several hits that look reputable. 

ksmwalters  thanks for the encouragement to get what I need. My insurance covers PT and there is a place near me that treats this specifically. Unfortunately I need a referral from my doc and since her attitude wasn't helpful I'm not sure if she'll refer me. I called in and am waiting to hear back. Maybe I'll try a GP. I kinda hate being that patient who's like just gimme what I want, but...
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @syssa-o I've been on the congestion train since about week 10 lol. I train at my job so I get to tell every new person, "I'm not sick, I'm just pregnant!" LOL!

I'm at back pain, hyper emotional, and I'm not sure if this is an actual pregnancy symptom but recently when I walk I here almost a jingling sound with every step I take? Is that normal?? I can't find anywhere online about it. My next appointment is in a couple of weeks so I'll probably just deal until then and ask my OB.
    Met 2004, Married 2011, Trying since 2013. Info in spoiler:

BabyFruit Ticker

Me: 30
    Diagnosed with PCOS, later changed to unexplained anovulation due to high prolactin and normal testosterone levels
    Him: 31
    High sperm count (yay!) but also super high fluid volume (boo!)
    First IUI, Clomid and Follistim: 11/29-BFN
    Second IUI, Femara and Follistim: 12/29-BFN
    Third IUI, Femara and Gonal-F (and Follistim): 1/28 BFN
    Fourth IUI, Femara and Gonal-F: 7/23 BFN
    IVF 1: Femara and Gonal-F: 1/23/2017
    Beta Study:
    Beta #1: 1/28/2017 4.1
    Beta #2: 1/30/2017 34
    Beta #3: 2/1/2017 131
    Beta #4: 2/3/2017 476
    Ultrasound: 2/14/17-Twin Etopic Pregnancy, surgery to remove right fallopian tube on 2/17/2017
    FET 2: Femara, Gonal-F, and Clomid: Cycle Canceled due to low progesterone
    FET 3: July 7, Femara, Gonal-F, Clomid-BFP!!!!!! Due March 2018
    https://desertratpack.wordpress.com/