2nd Trimester

Can round ligament pain feel like a pulled groin muscle?

Help! I am in excruciating pain from what I thought was a pulled groin muscle. About a month ago I was pulling a box of books across the floor and seemed to aggravate my groin muscle. It seemed to hurt a little every now and then when I moved in certain ways but it was no big deal. Then I went to a prenatal yoga class about a week and a half ago and since then it the pain has been getting worse and worse. I feel a little bit of what I assume is normal pregnancy hip pain in my right hip but my left hip is excruciating. I can barely walk or function and the pain is constant. The pain radiates from my groin down my inner thigh and around my hip socket. I have read a lot of women talking about a similar pain that they were then told was round ligament pain (they thought they pulled a muscle but it was just RLP). I have my anatomy scan next Tuesday so I will ask my doctor about it but I wanted to know if anyone has had a similar experience with either a pulled muscle or maybe round ligament pain? Or know of anything that helps? I can't seem to find a position to sit, stand, or lay down that isn't painful. 

<3  Me: 30 | DH: 28  <3
Together since 2013 | Married 2014
TTC since March 2016
1 cycle of Clomid 50mg and TI, unmonitored by OBGYN= BFN 
Dx: unexplained & mild MFI | Rx: Femara w/ trigger & IUI
1st IUI:  BFP. Chemical Pregnancy
2st IUI: BFN
3rd IUI: BFN
1 round femara 7.5: BPF!
Due date March 2018

Re: Can round ligament pain feel like a pulled groin muscle?

• I've never had a constant round ligament pain. I didn't even get any with my first. But it never really went into my legs either. Honestly I only get it when I'm twisted and I sneeze or jerk. The first time it happened to me I thought I was having a miscarriage or something because it felt like I was having a very painful contraction. It sounds more like maybe sciatic nerve pain? As baby/uterus can push just right on a certain spot.  
  • Yeah I get the same feeling as kurlyrae47, it happens when I twist and or use my abdomen to fast and it like radiates across my lower abdomen. It only lasts a couple of seconds. Never constant. I took this feeling as round ligament pains, they are normal