November 2017 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday - 10/11

i don’t know if I’m allowed to start this thread but I’m going to because I’m still fuming and need to vent....

So a little backstory- my best friend and I kind of make New Years a big deal because we both have multiple kids and it’s the one time of the year we can both get sitters and get really dressed up and just go all out so we’ve been starting to make our plans for it already and choosing outfits. Now I know I’m only going to be 6-7 weeks post partum at that point and I’m not going to be looking exactly how I want to be but I still want to look cute obviously since I haven’t in so long so I chose an outfit that is going to conceal what I’m self conscious about but is also sexy and sparkly and fun. Last night I showed my boyfriend the outfit-big mistake apparently. His response was “I don’t know about that. You know you’re going to be pretty fresh out of having the baby still right...?” Well I kind of thought maybe he just worded what he was trying to say poorly and gave him a chance to redeem himself so I said half joking “are you saying I’m going to be too fat?” HIS RESPONSE “well you’re definitely not gonna look like you just ran a marathon”...........
i went to bed and cried myself to sleep. 
yes I know I’m not going to be in my best shape but I thought he of all people would still think I will look good. I’m crushed. I was also thinking that that’s probably going to be the first time we have a chance to have sex again after the baby probably too so he just killed that for me too. And it’s something so stupid that I know if I say how much it hurt me he’s going to just say I took it the wrong way and maybe I did but ughhhhh who says that to their SO?!?!

Re: WTF Wednesday - 10/11

• Options
    Here’s a pic of said outfit - I live in Iowa so it will be cold and I will be wearing a jacket so yeah it’s got a lot of boob but really that’s it everything else will be covered
  • Options
    @MamaMJ2 I'm sorry he said that. :( I would have been really upset too. I am guessing he was reacting to the outfit showing some belly, but he probably doesn't realize that it's more the lower belly that looks a bit different after birth, while this just shows the top of it. Not that that's an excuse for him at all -- but it might help explain what he was thinking? In any case, I'm glad you found an outfit that will make you feel fabulous and sexy! You will prove your boyfriend wrong when he sees how gorgeous you look on New Years Eve. <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @YesOuiCan thanks dear I hope so
  • Options
    The daughter of a girl I went to HS with died in gym class today after a seizure. She was 7. Her husband divorced her, her mom and dad died within two weeks of each other, and now her daughter died?! Are you f***ing kidding me?!?
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @NYTino24 That is one of the worse things I’ve ever heard! Poor woman! 
  • Options
    Today is the 2 year anniversary of my friend taking her life.  On a lighter wtf, DH hasn't finished the baby room and Target hasn't given me the code to finish my registry, I just want to be done and not have to scramble. 
  • Options
    @NYYino24 I cannot imagine what that woman is going through. 
  • Options
    That is so sad
  • Options
  • Options
    @MaximumEffort That's tough. That kind of pain never goes away. :(
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility