June 2018 Moms

Bloat hiding style

would it be of interest to start a thread were we post pics of our outfits that hide our bumbs. might help give some clothing and store options on where to buy. or am I the only one stressing on hiding at work and from family? could be one day a week? Fri? 

Re: Bloat hiding style

• sourkimsourkim member
    edited October 2017
    lol agreed can't wait till it is a real bump
  • Loading the player...
  • hdbd does that mean hump day bump day? That sounds cool. I can't wait to have a bump.

@sourkim I've already purchased a couple maternity tops. I plan to start incorporating them into my blah (I wear the same thing every week) work wardrobe. So its like one day, maternity shirt, then back to regular shirt. That way if anyone gets any ideas they'll just be thrown off the next day. We won't announce to distant friends & family until 14 weeks. So I assume it'll be the same for my job, unless these symptoms kick up and I need to tell someone.
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • @sourkim ~ I plan on going through my bin of maternity clothes from the last time and seeing what I can pull out to wear when we have people around before we are ready to tell. My MIL will be here this weekend. Then next weekend, DH’s grandparents will be here along with MIL and FIL. And every Sunday we have family dinner with DH’s aunt and uncle. So I plan to wear some loose fitting maternity tops during those days to hopefully keep suspicious eyes at bay. Luckily after the big grand parents visit next weekend, we won’t have my ILs or GILs around again until Thanksgiving when we announce. The weekly family dinner might get tricky though. We will see
  • edited October 2017
    Flowy layers/scarves and sweaters will totally do the trick for a while! Oh, and don't play with or rub your belly. It's the way you interact with your body that draws attention, not so much the shape(especially in the first trimester).   
  • Scrubs don't do well hiding the bloat/bump so I'm up a creek, haha.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Flowy layers/scarves and sweaters will totally do the trick for a while! Oh, and don't play with or rub your belly. It's the way you interact with your body that draws attention, not so much the shape(especially in the first trimester).   
    Unfortunately it’s still over 80 here daily. So scarves and sweaters would definitely be a give away 
  • Tunics and dresses with leggings. Can be short sleeve or long sleeve tunics and ankle or Capri leggings. Add a statement necklace or scarf. 

As as far as the scrubs, I ordered a different style top and a size bigger, so it will look like it’s just fits differently. Or you could order the same top in a bigger size, and hope that people don’t really notice. So many scrubs are loose fitting. 
  • Yeah it was 94 degrees here yesterday. We’re at least another month before scarf & sweater can even be a consideration 
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Oh goodness! Flowy tank tops then. Bahahaha. 
  • I'm over the hot and muggy 80 something here in NC. I have tons of comfy maternity fall stuff to hide baby bloat and it's too hot. Sticking with layers currently. nursing tank and t-shirt or baggy shirt. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • love these ideas thanks ladies!! I wish it was not 80 in NJ  still!! I am thinking layers and flowing tops will be my friend.
  • I am a big fan of colourful statement necklaces drawing attention up to your face, or earrings if you can pull them off... Then most definitely long shirts, scarves and cardigans to camouflage the curves, lumps and bumps... 
    Mama to a wonderful DD - Sep 2015, Wife to my DH since 2011, 2 dogs, a cat, and hoping to add No. 2 in May/June 2018. Canadian.
    5 - IUIs, 3 - IVF retrievals, 2- failed transfers (fresh, and frozen), PGS on second IVF resulted in 1 perfect emby, and DD. 
    3rd IVF w PGS resulted in 3! perfect embys. 1st transfer - Sep 2017 2 more on ice. 
  • I am an early shower. Its awful. I was in maternity clothes by 9 weeks last time full time. The ultrasound tech thought i was 20 weeks at my dating scan by my belly. I am already having a hard time doing up my pants and i already spent my fall budget on clothes at the beginning of September. =(
  • @notaknottie912 Sometimes you can find some cheap maternity clothes at Rosd or on Thredup. I got a couple of shirts from Ross and Thredup last time to help hide the bloat. I wasn't showing till around 16 weeks but I was so incredibly bloated no later than 6 weeks thanks to progesterone supplements.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @NamelessAria we dont have those stores here unfortunately. We have a walmart though which is huge.
  • @notaknottie912 Oh thredup is online. It's awesome. Definitely worth checking out. Sometimes you don't find anything good but from time to time you get some amazing deals
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @NamelessAria i will have to check it out.  It might be worthwhile if the price conversion and shipping is low enough.
  • Bloating is so bad this time around.  I look and feel like 6 months pregnant right now.  I literally can't fit into jeans I could wear 2 weeks ago.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am down! I took weekly picture last pregnancy, kind of cool to see the progress. Right now though I can probably only see the difference in my boobs in the last 2 weeks  :D
  • @sabby2 same!! The bloat is ridiculous!!
  • @sabby2 and @meagster13... Oh lord do I know it too! The bloat. Ugh. I'm actually not comfortable in any of my shorts and I'm like... 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • @Dashaina YES!! I wore my favourite pants the other day and was sooo uncomfortable! :(
  • My jeans still close but my boobs feel and (I think look) so huge! Not as noticeable with sports bra which is what I always wear. But as soon as I wear a normal bra I feel like everyone will notice the difference. 
  • DashainaDashaina member
    edited October 2017
    @meagster13 I think it might be time... Dun dun dun for a SHORTS SEWING FUN DAY! I have the Juba shorts pattern and I can send you the Dropbox link. Let me know. It's 4 pieces.. Plus 2 for each pocket if you want pockets.. And who doesn't need pockets in the front??... Takes under 30 minutes (uninterrupted) and has full drawstring or half/half draw string front and elastic back. I prefer the half and half me thinks. You can also do full elastic. I'm planning to do some this week. Best of all they are lounge shorts.. Super comfy but can be made in whatever material you want. I'm using the cheap poly/cotton blend they sell here. for $1.25/ yard... That way I don't feel bad trashing them (dirty happens here all the time.) Hahahahha. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • @Dashaina Yes please, send away! Its too chilly here for shorts outside anymore but I do like them for bed :) 

I'm working on a sleep sack for DS and trying to finish up Halloween costumes for my sister and I atm. Hopefully in the next day or two if I can keep the nausea at bay :( 
  • Oh the bloat. Magnesium and warm milk help but its so uncomfortable. I couldnt do up my pants on two occasions this weekend.