June 2018 Moms
Options

TTGP Grad Check In - Week of 10/09

Hi guys! I just joined but I thought sense there have been a few more TTGPers join recently, we could use a check in! 

How far along are you?

How are you feeling? 

GTKY: How did you tell your SO you were KU?
*TW LC*
Me & MH: 32
DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
TTC #2: 12/2019
Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

Re: TTGP Grad Check In - Week of 10/09

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @BurlapandLace more the merrier!
  • Options
    @Hollyyyyy aren't we DD buddies? So our ticker changes today to 4wks? Or am I doing it wrong because this is all new to me
    *TW LC*

• Options
    HollyyyyyHollyyyyy member
    edited October 2017
    @krashke Hahaha welp maybe I failed...I just went by the DD Fertility Friend gave me, but I honestly have no idea  :# 

ETA I'm pretty sure you are right. For some reason all day yesterday I was stuck on Sunday being conception date, and just went back and looked on FF, and I O'd on Monday. Pretty sure I got tripped up because of TWW + testing on a Sunday  :s
  • Options
    Hi ladies. Even though DH and I were on our 3rd cycle, I only participated in the TTGP board this last cycle so I did not post in the TTGP grad thread since I wasn’t there for very long- but I hope it’s alright that I chime in here!

How far along are you?- 4 weeks tomorrow EDD June 19

How are you feeling?- great so far! With DD2 my MS started at 5 weeks so we’ll see...

GTKY how did you tell DH- nothing special. Just showed him the test when he got home from work. I’m boring  :D

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thank you so much, friend!!  <3 Ok, I'm gonna do it!
  • Options
    Hollyyyyy said:
    Thank you so much, friend!!  <3 Ok, I'm gonna do it!
    Yay!!!  You deserve the oncoming celebration, I’m glad you decided to do it!

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Options
    How far along are you? 6w2d

How are you feeling? Sore boobs, tired. Insomnia has kicked in (up at 3am every night). Nausea too. Mainly first thing in AM and then again before bed. 

GTKY: How did you tell your SO you were KU? I made a card that said "guess what?" on the outside and "I'm going to be a big brother" on the inside and had DS give it to him. 
  • Options
    I have to share this with y’all because I feel like you will understand my rage. This girl I follow on Instagram posted this ad for a cycle tracking app for TTA (for her) and I am all kinds of rage-y over how she over simplified things.

She’s like “just take your temp in the morning and log it into the app and it will tell you if you need to use protection or not!” 

NO! That is not how it works! She’s going to have a bunch of her followers KU. I hope that the app gives you more detailed instructions. 

Screenshot in spoiler

*TW LC*

• Options
    This is what makes people think temping and tracking cm is the same thing as the rhythm method (eye roll)
  • Options
    @krashke - I feel really bad for any of her followers who just do this blindly without looking in to it themselves. Definitely echo @doxiemoxie212 - that's exactly what makes people think tracking BBT/CM is the same as the rhythm method.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    @izza2, I love how YH is already concerned about baby proofing! He knows he has 9 months, right? 

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • Options
    @izza2, I love how YH is already concerned about baby proofing! He knows he has 9 months, right? 
    9 months plus like..... at least a few more, lol. It's not like babies come out of the womb mobile beings. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212, also had that thought too, but giving him the benefit of the doubt that he doesn't want to do a lot of work when baby is here that could be done earlier? I dunno. It's really cute though @Izza2!

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • Options
    @izza2; @doxiemoxie212 I feel like TTGP was such a close nit group that it was easy to get to know each other and even in my short time being there I felt welcomed and a part of the group. BMB's are so big in the beginning that it is overwhelming to try to get to know everyone personally. The culture on TTGP is just way different than in BMB's. 

@doxiemoxie212 just know that it's ok to feel that way. In general people always blame it on pregnancy hormones but I think it's ok to feel that way sometimes regardless. I hope it's not affecting your IRL relationships as well. If so, maybe do some meditation or breathing exercises. I get really short with MH sometimes and I know I take things out on him just because he is always around.   
    *TW LC*

• Options
    @doxiemoxie212 - Lmao, that's kind of how I'm feeling, which is part of why I don't want to interact, lmao. I don't want to be a B, but it's hard not to be snarky to some of the responses I've seen.
    @icecubeinthedesert - Haha, yes! He made that comment, and I was like "you know we've got more than a year, right?" and he was like "that's not that long!". Like, oh, okay, I feel like a year is plenty of time for baby-proofing, but what do I know? :lol:

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    @krashke DH thinks it's hilarious. He thinks anything that is a "pregnancy symptom" is exciting and hilarious because he thinks it indicates everything is progressing properly (whatever). I do yell at him a lot, though, which I apologize for in the moment, lol. I don't really interact with anyone else, sooooo. OH, but we are going to my mom's on Saturday, and she and I fight a LOT even under the best circumstances, so we'll see how that goes. My goal is to not physically throw anything at her. That's the line I'd like to not cross. Setting the bar high! lol sigh. 

• Options
    @doxiemoxie212 - Lmao at your line to not cross! I want to throw things at my MIL on the best of days, so I can't imagine how things will be now when I get annoyed at her. Good luck!

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    @doxiemoxie212 haha well at least you don't have a problem holding in you emotions! My dad always said "set your expectations low and you'll never be disappointed" so I think you're on the right track with your mom for the weekend! When do you leave? We're you able to get masks from Amazon? 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    @krashke Saturday at 7:30am (eye roll). I hate that flight in the best of times, I can't even imagine what it's going to be like pregnant. I'm going to be tired, and grumpy, and impatient, and hungry, and I'm going to need to pee a million times. Wahhhhhh! But yeah, I ordered the face masks on amazon and actually had them sent to my mom. She'll be confused because they're supposed to arrive Friday, but I'm just going to tell her I was worried about her with the smoke. And I am! She has asthma (so does DH), and the winds are supposed to die this weekend, which is great for fire control, but not great for air quality. 
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 AHH!!! Yay yay yay!!! Welcome!
    *TW LC*

• Options
    @izza2 i get you.  I had a lot of trouble at the beginning with my first BMB because there were so many people and I couldn't keep anyone straight.  Plus, I was nervous as hell and didn't want to doing anything to jinx my pregnancy.  It took me a good 7 months of mainly lurky / very little posting to feel comfortable engaging on a daily basis. My first BMB started right as TB imploded in January 2015 and we all ended up on the other site and eventually, FB.  I am so glad I went out of my comfort zone because all of those ladies are amazing.  There are 70 or so of us on FB and it is the best group of girls.

@doxiemoxie212 I also get you.  My patience is gone.  I'm not frustrated with the board, but with everything else in life. I've found that I cannot talk to people (work, my DS, my H) without snapping and I need to figure out how to snap out of this funk.  

P.S. to both, there is nothing wrong with a little snark  ;)
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 Welcome!

@doxiemoxie212 Hope you enjoy your trip and don't throw anything at your mom :D

@krashke That also pisses me off, because it seems like so many people are always so concerned about accidentally getting KU, that they forget about other risks, like STI's. What an idiot.

I am so ready for the weekend. This week has been draaaaaaaaagging.

• Options
    I'm totally having similar thoughts on the whole new board thing . I've really taken a step back cause I still don't feel good about things. but I'm still trying to lurk so I'm not behind if all things are good after our scan next week.... and I'm just struggling with that. on so many levels.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    @catlady1215 I saw your posts on the PGAL thread. FX for good news at your scan next week. Hang in there and feel free to share as much as you need/want to on this thread as well. We're here for you. 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    @Hollyyyyy right? I keep thinking it must be time for a new weekly ______ thread, but no, it hasn't been a week. 
  • Options
    @catlady1215 I'm 100% on the same page as you.