June 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms Week of 10/9

Whatcha got this week?
We are so excited to grow our family!
DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weekly Randoms Week of 10/9

• I could eat hashbrowns at every meal at this point. Yum!

Insomnia is kicking my butt. I feel like I can't focus at work.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• edited October 2017

@sabby2 I told DH on my way to work this morning, I wish I could start sleeping better!  It feels like I'm up 10 times throughout the night!  Then add in the weird dreams and I feel like I hardly slept at all!  

ETA: And hash browns sound delicious! 
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Sooooo tired!!! My eyelids are so heavy at work. 

Today for the first time NO food sounds good. None at all. :( 

• @doxiemoxie212 any idea why our intro thread was closed? I didn't see any message from Admin in there...
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @sabby2 I thought as soon as someone cursed it probably would be, but I was hoping no one would report her lol so that it wouldn't be. 
  • Cursing gets a thread closed?!?
  • So is it against TOU to start a new one or does our board just get to be inundated with intro posts?
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• dinodna3dinodna3 member
    edited October 2017
    sabby2 said:
    So is it against TOU to start a new one or does our board just get to be inundated with intro posts?
    I took it as don't start threads about the topic change. i.e. whatever that prior bmb drama was. 

The board will be so clogged if there isn't a new intro thread. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • WTF! Apparently we need a new intro thread! 

*TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• doxiemoxie212doxiemoxie212 member
    edited October 2017
    BumpAdmin can give like two reasons for shutting down a thread: violation of TOU or change in topic. Sometimes it seems like they choose at random. If you look through the thread, there will likely be some deleted posts. To shut down a thread, you just need one post that violates TOU or changes topic. Someone in the thread cursed, so if someone reports them, it could get the thread shut down. If no one reports it, no one cares. So be careful about cursing because vindictive people theoretically could look back through your post history and report you, I guess. 

Looks like BA chose "change in topic" but it doesn't actually mean anything. They just didn't want that thread to continue. They never give more specific reasons than that. 

ETA: I think based on what happened in March's BMB (or was it April? I think maybe April) we can start a new one without problem, but I don't really want to do it because it turns out you get 5 million notifications lol. 
  • So I know traditionally, BMB have 1 intro thread, but what if we did what TTGP does and have a weekly intro?
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hey do we have any Napa/Sonoma/North Bay moms?? Or anyone with family in that area?? Everyone okay??

I grew up in Marin, and my folks are fine, but my mom said she woke up at 3:30am thinking her house was on fire because it was so smokey inside. She's at least an hour drive from the fires, though, thankfully. My friends in San Francisco say it's smoky even there, and there are photos/videos on twitter of literal ash raining down from the sky in San Francisco. Really scary stuff. 

We're flying there on Saturday....and we were going to take DH's parents to all our favorite wineries.... now I'm just hoping they get the flames under control by then (and hopefully the death count continues to remain at zero), and the fires don't continue to spread. Doubtful any of the wineries are still standing, though. :(:(:( 
  • @doxiemoxie212 ~ We are in the Sacramento area and I started smelling the smoke really bad here at 2am this morning. I had to close our windows at that point. 

There are SO many active fires in California right now :( 
  • @BurlapandLace it's so scary! From what I hear, the winds are moving north to south so hopefully Sacramento remains unscathed. But be careful with all the smoke! Ugh! So scary. 
  • Stay safe @BurlapandLace
    DD is 3 and a new little one on the way! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am currently 14dpo and still in what would be AF. I have had some discharge and every time I feel something I think AF has come.  :/ I would like this week to be going a little faster. 
    *TW LC*

• Just caught up on that intro thread. That was fun.
  • @krashke I feel ya.  At least when I'm at home I can just pull down my pants and check.  But at work that's frowned upon :(

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • sabby2 said:
    I could eat hashbrowns at every meal at this point. Yum!

Insomnia is kicking my butt. I feel like I can't focus at work.
    Oh my word, hashbrowns are my jam right now too.  With onions.  And smothered in ketchup.
    Formerly knittylady
    DH:34 - Me: 33
    Emmaline Winifred - 1.25.2013
    Wesley Daniel - 7.24.2014
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • chocomom2 said:
    Holy intro thread! That escalated quickly! 
    1.) I call Bingo - plenty of classic Bump responses in that thread 
    2.) I am already sick of the "can't we just all get along" comments.
    3.) we definitely need a new intro thread. Nose game on not starting it. 
    All of this.  It seems that any mention of the bump of old or any perceived bullying shuts a thread down?
    Formerly knittylady
    DH:34 - Me: 33
    Emmaline Winifred - 1.25.2013
    Wesley Daniel - 7.24.2014
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sour patch kids are life right now, y’all. 
  • @BurlapandLace I'm living on lifesavers mints at work.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• I have a TB related questions. So when someone has their baby what happens on the board? Is there like a show your baby post? I asked bc I was a pretty active member on weddingwire while planning our wedding and there they had something called BAM (back and married), BAS (back after shower), BAB (back after bachelorette). I just want to know if that happens here, because those were my favorite post.
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  •  @ffw0617 when we're further along we will start and announcements thread that we will get pinned to the top for people to post pics (if they choose) and share birth stories. You can lurk on one of the more recent BMB's to see their announcements. 

I was also on WW when we were planning our wedding but that was in 2013-2014
    *TW LC*

• BurlapandLaceBurlapandLace member
    edited October 2017
    @ffw0617 ~ The birth month board definitely stays alive after the babies are all born. It just changes from talk about pregnancy to talk about births and babies and feeding and diapers, etc. 
    There is also usually a group (or multiple groups) from each birth month board that break off into a group on FB where people are more comfortable showing off pics of the Little’s. But that’s way down the road 
  • Well now I really want some hashbrowns and onions!!

• I'm obsessed with lurking other BMB and looking at the announcements and even the ultrasound pics, HDBD just to gauge what the progress will look like.... And of course to see the adorableness! 
  • @stephcat421 HDBD is my FAVORITE! I can’t wait for all of us to start showing! 
    *TW LC*

• Speaking of hdbd, has anyone started pictures yet? I was bad at doing them the first time around.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @sabby2 I've started but I'm overweight so just look fat :P 
    I did consistent with DS from about13 wks on
  • krash_krash_ member
    edited October 2017
    @sabby2 I took like a before picture the other day just so I have something to compare to but I probably won’t do more for awhile 

ETA: it’s also just for me not like I’m going to share it 
    *TW LC*

• @meagster13 same. I think that's why I'm reluctant to start. I have pics from last time with a cute little bump around 16 weeks and I look like 6 months pregnant right now because I'm overweight and super bloated.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @sabby2 I did randomly with DD, and I didn't start until like 12 weeks.  I'm going to try again this time, but it definitely won't be pinterest worthy
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ya. I am about where I was when I got pregnant with my son so not s huge change :P haha
  • BurlapandLaceBurlapandLace member
    edited October 2017
    @sabby2 ~ I’m starting pics tomorrow. I should have done it today as today is my ticker change, but I told DH that until the bloat starts turning into an actual bump, I want to do the pics first thing in the morning so I am less full/bloaty in them. He had a meeting this morning earlier than I was willing to get out of bed, so we will start in the morning. 

I did weekly (ish) pics with DS and I love to be able to look back on those. So even though I am bloaty now, I still want to do them. Just not at night when I am looking 4 months pregnant already  ;)
  • I did them from 4 weeks through birth for DD1 and when I remembered with DD2 so very sporadic. I have an album with them on FB still. Lol. I'm with @BurlapandLace about morning VS evening. I wake up and I'm like yay no bloat! Then the day wears on. Lmao. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • @sabby2 I took a picture at the gym on Sunday. While for the most part I looked great (toot toot) I wasn't a fan on my stomach (the work out pants gave me like a half roll, I tried pulling them down but then I have a muffin top). With way I don't like when they are mirror selfies, I love a good selfie its just so much cuter when its something the couple does together (she grows he takes the pictures). So if everything goes as planned next week at the doctor I'll have DH take one at 6 weeks. 
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • @sabby2 I'm doing embarrassingly involved photos each week  :#
  • Anyone else thinking about pregnancy photo sessions? I have never done one... But saw an ad on our local business page for a photographer who has amazing work and thought about it for point 2 seconds. Hee hee. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers