June 2016 Moms
Options

October Pre/TTC & Grad Check in

Welcome to the monthly pre-TTC, TTC, and TTC Grad check-in. This board is designed to allow those of us considering our next child to update the other members of June 2016 on that journey. Please feel free to post often in this board, updating as the month goes on if your status or details change, or if you have anything inspiring/sassy/a fun gif/etc to add. We are here to provide each other with support, comfort, non-medical answers, and help with the BSC symptom spotting that we know can happen.

For Pre-TTC -

*How long until TTC begins?

*How is the wait going?

*General questions, updates, r/r

For TTC -

*What month/cycle?

*(If you're comfortable) What are you doing to get KU?

*Any symptom spotting chart stalking craziness we can help with?

DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: October Pre/TTC & Grad Check in

• Options

*How long until TTC begins? Had "the talk" with DH and we decided to start TTC in May/June of 2018 and we are planning our first cruise and real, grown up vacation together. We've never gone anywhere for more than a long weekend just because we want to. So we're taking a 7 day cruise around the Mediterranean in May.

*How is the wait going? Pretty good for now, especially with something like an international vacation to focus on. I can imagine it will be up and down.

*General questions, updates, r/r  Nothing, I'll just live vicariously through all you and my other friends with fresh squishy babies.

DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

*How far along are you/when are you due? Waiting for an official due date from my office after my dating ultrasound on 10/30 after I told them I always ovulate late. Somewhere around 10 weeks right now, due first week of May

*Future or recent appointment updates? Not until 10/30, 6 weeks after my first appointment. Seems my OB is super busy and didn't have any time before that to fit me in. I'll be between 13 and 14 weeks for my dating ultrasound. Oh well

*Team Pink or Blue? Finding out in December. I'm not sure I have a guess yet, I go back and forth

*How is this pregnancy different from/similar to June '16? First try exhaustion has lasted so much longer this time, but I blame the new job responsibilities and toddler more than the pregnancy. Had to break out the bella band sooner and more all day bloated/nausea than last time

*General questions, updates, r/r Just trying to keep my patience for another 3 1/2 weeks and hoping 2nd tri has the same happy effects this time

Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • Options
    arteduc8arteduc8 member
    edited October 2017
    @artlea2013 I can't imagine having to wait that long for the first ultrasound! Hang in there! And right there with you on the nausea and exhaustion being worse this go around. The struggle is real!

@meggyme How exciting about your trip! DH and I did a trip to Europe before being KU with Audrielle and it was wonderful. Definitely something to look forward to!

@egirl1025 I just had my 1 hour glucose test today. Glad that's over with. Good luck with yours!

And I realized I forgot to go back in last week's thread and thank you all for the advice on crib transitioning. Lots of good ideas. Thank you!

*How far along are you/when are you due?

10 weeks tomorrow. Due May 13, which turns out to be Mother's Day. 

*Future or recent appointment updates? 

I had my first ultrasound on 9/25 and everything looks good. Measured right on track and heart rate was 167. Also went in for the 1 hour glucose test today. Hoping I'll be in the clear this time again.

*Team Pink or Blue?

We'll find out December 28!

*How is this pregnancy different from/similar to June '16? 

Ugh! So much more nausea the time. Exhaustion is composed by chasing a toddler around. And meat aversions have kicked in much sooner than time. I can't stomach much more than carbs, cheese, and fruit. 

Audri is starting to pick up in the idea of a baby. When I first asked her to kiss the baby she came up to me and have me her cheek to kiss, lol. Last night she got it and kissed my tummy! Her new big sister book is helping.  <3  

• Options
    @arteduc8 glucose test already? I did mine at 26? I think?? I can't remember if you had GD with DD though.

30+5!! EDD of 12/18 with DD2 :)

Next appointment is Monday. I'm down to every other week. Standard check ups. 

At this point, I've had far more BH contractions than I did with DD1. Lots of belly tightening that feels like it's more than BH but clears up after a bit. 

My OB has given me the "all clear" that at my 37 week appointment, if she's looking good in there and developed well, and if I'm dilated 2cms, he will do a membrane sweep if I'd like (yes please!). I will admit that it will purely be for selfish reasons (my in laws are coming into town for Christmas on the 22nd and I'm having mass anxiety over bringing home a newborn into a home with house guests. And DH won't tell them they need to wait to come out). So while I KNOW fully baked to 40 (or as close to it) is best, I do believe that if she can come early (hell, I'll take 39 weeks even), it will be a better situation for us mentally. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @splsmama2016 Yep, Dr wanted to do early glucose test since I'm nearing 35 and my bmi is in the higher side. Had to do it last time too, but passed with flying colors and didn't have to do it again. Here's hoping for the same result!  Good luck with you apts these next few weeks! Your getting so close!!!! 
  • Options
    @arteduc8 makes sense! I totally forgot you did yours early last time too. Good luck!! I failed the 1 hour this time around but passed the 3 hour with results that shocked my dr he questioned if I actually failed the 1 hour 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @splsmama2016 Glad to hear you passed the 3 hour! There were a few other mamas at my office when I was there who were getting the 3 hour test. I kept thinking to myself, oh please oh please oh please let me pass and not have to come back and sit here for another 3 hours! Fingers crossed.  :)