November 2017 Moms

Thoughts on the name Hayden, and more...

Don't know the sex of the baby, and we're 6 weeks away from 40 weeks. Already measuring 6lbs. 

Hayden equally good for a boy, or girl, or more for one gender? New baby will be sibling to Halle and Hunter.

Boy options:

Hayden
Wilder
???? 

Girl options:

Hayden Mae
Finley Mae
Reese 

Re: Thoughts on the name Hayden, and more...

• It works as both genders. I know a lot of girls by that name-more than boys. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I don't like it. It sounds too generic, just another "EN" name.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it works for either. I've known both. It's cute with those middles as well
  • I know a little girl and a male college grad named Hayden, so I feel it goes either way.

• I think it works for both. I've seen it mentioned as a girl's name recently, but it certainly fits the very popular boy's name style of Cayden/Jayden/Brayden/etc, so it feels pretty solidly neutral to me. 
  • All your girl names are quite masculine traditionally .i Have never experienced Hayden as a girl name  before . Here it's a pretty common boy name 
    Especially in men in their 20s and 30s (80s 90s crop)
    I don't know about Finley as a girl either it is typically a male name anglicized from an Irish name meaning white worrier.  (We are thinking of  Fionn if we have a boy which means fair . So Been looking a lot into Irish names lol )
     and Reece is anglicized form of Rhys it means enthusiasm.  I've never loved it as a girls name and it is funny enough my husband's name ( original welsh spelling tho )

I'm also not a fan of sibling alliteration but that is just me and I know that a lot if people go that way  
  • Finley was going to be our girl name and Finnegan our boy name, Finn for short. But once we found out we are having a girl Finley went out the window because I decided I wanted certain criteria for her name. I still really love Finley though.  
    Pregnancy Ticker