February 2018 Moms
Options

STM+ Check in: Just Wait 10.4

I saw this on a couple other boards and thought it would make a nice thread for the STM+ group to share with FTMs.

Throughout pg, any time you complain about a symptom, it seems like someone says, "Just wait until baby is here and..." followed with something negative. In my first pg, I know I got really sick of it. (It doesn't stop after baby is born either) And in my second pg now, I get tired of moms of multiples saying just wait until you have the second and...

So STM+, let's share our favorite moments of motherhood: "Just wait until your little one..."

Moms of more than one, please feel free to share sweet or funny things you caught your children doing together.

(I did do a search of the Feb 18 board to check if this was already done, and I didn't see one... I apologize if it has been done and I didn't find it)
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: STM+ Check in: Just Wait 10.4

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just wait until your baby starts reactive smiles. There is nothing like when your baby smiles just because he/she saw you coming. 

Cute sibling thing: DD teared up in Hospital the first time she had to stop holding DS. She loved him so much, even from the first meeting. Also made for really cute memory photos 
    Yes, baby smiles are the best! How how was DD when DS was born? That's so sweet
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    She was just shy of 2 (21 months)
  • Options
    @3plus1equals4 OurDD will be just shy of 2 when baby is born as well, so this gives me hope!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mbirdie said:
    And just wait until you see your SO step up and be the world's greatest parent. My DD is a total Daddy's Girl and seeing how much my DH loves her makes me love him even more.
    Same here. DD spends most of her day asking about DH and the second he gets home from work she is alllllll about him. It's so sweet to see them together. 
  • Options
    What a great thread!
    Just you wait until your little one hugs you! I mean REALLY hugs you. The kind when they are so happy they run to you and wrap their arms around your neck completely on their own accord. I know it seems a long way off for you FTM, but its the greatest feeling ever.
  • Options
    Just wait until your LO falls asleep in your arms and after a while, the imprint of their ear is on your arm.  
  • Options
    Another Stm+ moment: When you first look at your toddler's hands or feet after your newborn arrives. It's mind blowinh
  • Options
    Just wait until they reach their arms up for you that first time. 

Just wait until they cry when you leave them that first time ar daycare. 

Just wait until they turn one and you think "where is my baby?!" 
  • Options
    Just wait until you see someone in your LO who is gone. DD has such a serious little scowl when she tries to figure something out, and when she is mischievous she has this little smile that makes her eyes sparkle... and in those moments I see so clearly my grandfather who passed away years ago. It's such a gift, like he's here.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Just wait until they lay that sweet baby on your chest.  It. is. the. best. moment. ever. 

Also...just wait until you hear the first, "love you mommy".  Heart melting. 
  • Options
    Just wait until your baby falls asleep and you just can't stop staring and being amazed by him/her. 

If you decide to go for a second, just wait until your first kisses and hugs your belly and says, "I can't wait to meet you."  It will leave you in a puddle of goo. 
  • Options
    lainikins said:
    ... just wait until your first kisses and hugs your belly and says, "I can't wait to meet you."  It will leave you in a puddle of goo. 
    And every subsequent pregnancy after! #4 on the way here and my almost 3 year old will kiss my tummy and ask "Max like kisses?" And then repeat with hugs and snuggles, too!
  • Options
    Just wait until your kids are each other's closest friends, and they all rally around one another.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Options
    Just wait until just wait until you pick your kid up from daycare (or babysitters, etc) and run as fast as they can into your arms with a smile on their face and their arms wrapped around you. 

I also often enjoyed middle of the night wake ups, curled up in the quite darkness watching him nurse back to sleep. 
  • Options
    Just wait until you're the one sharing these things with an expecting FTM :)
  • Options
    I especially love how close siblings can be. My dd2 and dd3 are best buds despite being eight years apart. My older two are very close as well. It's really awesome.

I love new baby smell, milk drunk faces, cooing, smiles, kisses, giggles, first words, snuggles. Tiny humans can be so cute and intoxicating. 
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    This thread is the sweetest. I met my best friend's month-old daughter and being around her (the baby) definitely helped to dispel some of the anxiety I had over the crying, pooping, screaming that can come with babies, because for most of the time I was holding her she was just staring at me with these wide eyes like "What is this place?" then I laid her on my chest and she fell asleep and it just melted my heart. And she's not even mine!
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    Just wait until you see your SO with your little for the first time.  Still melts my heart ♥️

Just wait until your little tries to comfort another little when thry are upset or crying.  It is one of the sweetest moments.

Just wait until your little tickles you for the first time.
  • Options
    Just wait for the content sigh right as they finish nursing or finish a bottle with the little milk coma smile. 
  • Options
    Omg this happened tonight and I melted into mush. Just wait until you’re pregnant again and your big kids feel LO move in your belly. 
  • Options
    Just wait until your toddler says "Love you" for the first time! Even if it comes out as "Wuv you"
    I know it's been said but man it melts my heart!!
  • Options
    Just wait until they pinch you, you say oww and they stop to instantly cuddle with you! 
  • Options
    Just wait until you hear the pitter patter of little feet on the floor. 
  • Options
    Just wait until he repeats a word in public he shouldn't have learned, and you don't know if you should be upset or proud that he used it in the right context. Also when he learns songs, words, or concepts from tv or daycare that you didn't even know he knew. So cute to hear that first, "twinkle, twinkle little star..."

Married 1/09/10

BFP 6/10/14
    EDD 2/17/15
    DS 2/17/15

BFP 6/12/17
    EDD 2/18/17
    Deja vu??