July 2016 Moms
Options

Christmas/December Holidays!

Too soon? Meh. 

Thought I'd start a thread to share ideas, ask opinions, etc etc. 

Re: Christmas/December Holidays!

• Options
    Not too soon, I need to get started now so I don’t spend all the money all at once! Budget friendly gift ideas, best cookie recipes, fun traditions and go! :)
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    Oh and PSA, Aldi has all the holiday baking spices for ridiculously cheap. Including cream of tartar!!! Which is always so expensive I end up leaving it out of cookie recipes. Also pumpkin was $0.79 a can there yesterday when I went. 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Great idea! I always end up baking cookies as my ‘small gift’ for everyone, but some people get a bit cookied out so I like the non food idea!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • Options
    @shaylalr That’s awesome! I definitely think about the same thing a lot and how to raise my kids to be less materialistic and more generous, especially when it comes to the hype of Christmas gifts, and focus more on teaching them about our faith and what Christmas is about. But there is so much pressure to give lots of gifts and so much expectation it’s tough! 

I’m not an avid essential oils user but my mom is and she gives me some sometimes. Christmas Spirit from Young Living is AMAZING, smells like everything Christmas. Little bit piney, clovey, and orangey! Plus it’s like their cheapest oil blend right now.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • Options
    I need to get on this train!!  I always have a hard time coming up with stuff for my in-laws and sometimes my parents.  I feel like my fil always ends up with a new shirt and it just feels so impersonal but he is one that if he needs something he just goes and gets it.  Same with my dad although he likes when I get him shirts so I feel bad but he always gets excited and tells me about when he wears them.  Humph.  I feel like I get sucked down the same paths and get similar gifts every year.  I'm hoping for more "experience" gifts this year.
  • Options
    Do you all just give to family members from the family or give individual gifts from your baby to a grandparent, aunt, etc. in addition to whatever you give from the family?
  • Options
    @schaze I just ordered stuff to make candles! That may be a good option? Total, I spent 15 dollars and I can make a ton of candles. If you don’t have oils it may cost more. But I am going to make beeswax candles too and they are naturally honey scented. 
  • Options
    kmurdock925kmurdock925 member
    edited October 2017
    @shaylalr - I just got rid of a ton of candle making equipment.  I used to make the alllll the time.  I did soy and I swear it looked like my kitchen was a meth lab with the scales and metal pots and double boilers, lol. 

p.s. - are you ready for the wildbird launch tonight!!!???
  • Options
    We just do a gift for the grandparents from all of us. If I were to see something that said grandma/grandpa on it that I had to have, that would just be from M. We don't do sibling gifts. Some years we've drawn names, for fun/something different. 
  • Options
    Speaking of homemade gifts-- im also thinking of making Vanilla Extract. 
  • Options
    @LDSJM123 I've had homemade vanilla extract...it was to die for
  • Options
    @kmurdock925 oh good!!! I’m excited to make them!!

oh man. Stop tempting me! Haha. I really want one 

@ldsjm123 oh my! I’ve never thought to make my own. I’m going to try that after I make candles! 
  • Options
    @shaylalr - aah the release was so prettttyyyyy