November 2017 Moms

Kids Reaction

How is/are your child/children responding to the baby otw as your due date creeps around the corner? My son is like Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde when it comes to the reality of having a baby sister :D Bless his 4 year old heart!

Re: Kids Reaction

• This is our first. However we have 9 nieces 3 nephews. 
    4 girls of which I help babysit 3-4 days a week  (aged 1, 2, 4 and 5) and another who's in school I see a lot (he is 8) 
    They are mental excited.
    The 1yo loves babies but doesn't really make the connection to the belly. I think too she may get a a bit jealous with Pa. They are all Pa's little girls. The other three all talk to the baby,  touch my belly and ask me lots of questions . The 2yo is very gentle and pats my belly and points right in my belly button and tells me that's a reunites bibi. 
    They are all desperate to play with their new little cousin 
  • My son seems really excited and says he wants to share his toys and play and read him books... but I wouldnt be surprised if he is over it with in the first two weeks hahah
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I think my DD (4 yo) is going back and forth between being excited and unsure. I know this pregnancy has seemed extremely long for her (it has for me!) and she really wants a baby sibling but I am starting to see some behavior that lets me think she's starting to get apprehensive, which is understandable. We all are unsure of how the transition will go. For example, her and I were sitting together and I had my hands on my belly and without saying a word, she just took my two hands and removed them from my belly.  She has also really started to test her boundaries, particularly with me, which I've heard can be common as STMs+ near the end of the pregnancy.
  • My girls are excited! The 3yr old will shocked after the baby comes and she sees she is no longer the baby. Our 5yr old was shocked to learn she will not be allowed to walk around the house/store carrying the baby as an infant. Lol
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My almost 6 year old is excited. She calls the baby 'adorable' when she feels him kick and she sings lullabys.  Her only thing is she says she won't "change any stinky diapers". 
  • My 11 year old is pretty “meh” about it. She says she’s ready for me to have the baby because she is over my hormones lol. 
    My 2.5 year old is kind of back and forth. She likes to kiss my belly and says that she is going to give the baby toys. But, there are times when she will jump on my belly when I’ve told her she has to be careful. She is very attached to me, so I’m interested to see how she responds when the baby actually gets here. 
  • The 4 yr old is excited, but I don't think he remembers how much work and time and attention babies are. The almost 2 yr old has no clue. He will point at my belly and say "baby!" and will be very gentle and loving to a baby doll that we have, but he isn't even 2 yet. The 4 yr old has been getting a little more clingy to DH which is frustrating for both of us as DH has to go to work every day, so DS1 has been acting out and pushing and straight up defying on occasion. We are trying to have the two of them spend a little more one on one time together, but like I said, DH has to go to work all day every day. DS1 has also been getting upset about things changing, like rearranging the seats in the van to accommodate 3 car seats, DS2 napping in the upstairs bedroom, mommy being very tired and not able to carry him around like he suddenly wants to do. I'm sure at some point he will adjust, but it is exhausting waiting for him to do so. 

• DD (3) is super excited. She will lay next to me in bed and talk to baby. This week has been more of "baby you can come out now and play, I have toys" and "baby you're my best friend" conversation. 
  • Wow! A lot of different reactions mommies! I'm glad your child/children are happy about the newborns otw. I agree that some kids act out bc of this, vs those that are ready to bond with the baby which is normal--& a good thing :) . I can understand the feelings of my DS bc he's used to being the only child..one min he's happy, the next he's sad, angry, & overprotective  :D I think he'll come around once she gets here though. 
  • missrekaeaglemissrekaeagle member
    edited October 2017
    My almost 7-year-old DD is excited. She picked her baby's brother names and she gives her opinion about shopping for him. She said that he is her baby and she will take care of him. 
  • DS is 4.  He took the news very hard at first, but now he loves on my belly and talks about all the things he’s going to teach baby.  We really talk up what a big boy he is and what an amazing big brother he will be. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • My son seems really excited and says he wants to share his toys and play and read him books... but I wouldnt be surprised if he is over it with in the first two weeks hahah

• My 10 and 6 year old boys could care less lol. My 4 year old daughter is super excited, and my 2 year daughter old doesn't quite understand. Once baby is here, I have a feeling my 2 year old will be very jealous-should be interesting! 
  • My 7 year old seems indifferent but since he just went through this a little over a year ago already it’s understandable. He’s a great big brother already so I’m sure this time around will be the same. My 16 month old on the other hand......I think he is in for a rude awakening lol