November 2017 Moms
Options

Circumcision

not sure if this has been discussed before. Those who are planning to circumcise, are you going to do it in the hospital or later at the Peds office? A friend told me that her friend had a $1k difference between hospital and clinic. I called my insurance company and they couldn't give me an estimate of the costs and basically said it was my choice. I think it will be easiest in the hospital and I feel better knowing he will be monitored after. I'm also thinking we will hit our deductible with the hospital stay anyway. Just curious about others. 

Re: Circumcision

• Options
    I didn't even know this was an option. Our hospital said if we wanna do it, they do it there the day after he's born. We will be getting it done. I'm praying I hit my deductible. I'm halfway there..our deductible is so high it's ridiculous. I'm really scared to see how much I'll owe for this birth and everything that goes with it. But honestly, IDK if I'd wanna wait to do it at the peds office - by then he'll be a few weeks old if they'll even do it the first appt, and I think it'd hurt more then
  • Options
    We are planning on it but apparently they don't do it at my hospital. It will have to be done at the peds office 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    Actually, if you are thinking about it check in with both your hospital/birth center and your insurance company!  We don't know what we are having, but if it is a boy will be having him circumcised.  My birth center requires payment up front for circumcision unless it is covered by insurance.  My insurance will fully cover circumcision if it is performed at the hospital before discharge from delivery, or if it is performed within 1 week of birth by the pediatrician as an out-patient procedure.  We'll end up having it done right away while we're still at the hospital.
  • Options
    Both of my sons got it done in the hospital, 1st son no issues, 2nd son they didn’t take enough skin so we went to a urologist after he turned one for a circumcision revision which has healed well from whet I can tell but before the revision we had lots of problems with rashes and infections even though we tried multiple different prescription medications and creams. This baby I think we will just take to the urologist after we get out of the hospital because I do not want to deal with the same issues again as they just have whichever doctor is on call do it instead of giving you a choice :/
  • Options
    Lesson from last night's birth class for anyone considering whether or not to refuse any of the newborn treatments done standard at the hospital.  My birth center will not perform a circumcision unless the infant has received the Vitamin K shot. Check your hospital protocol.

• Options
    Lesson from last night's birth class for anyone considering whether or not to refuse any of the newborn treatments done standard at the hospital.  My birth center will not perform a circumcision unless the infant has received the Vitamin K shot. Check your hospital protocol.

I'm pretty sure this is common procedure. Vitamin K helps blood clot, so, ya know, no cutting baby without the medicine first. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @mamamj2 yikes, that is scary.  Glad he is better now! 
  • Options
    @curiousfool1 Thanks! I don’t even know what they give a baby in an American hospital. I guess I need to find out!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @Airynn Chica it's vitamin k and hep b I believe? Please someone correct me if I'm wrong! You can opt out but vitamin k helps with blood clotting so babies can die later on if not given that and like said before most won't perform circumcisions. And obviously hep b is a good one to have for obvious reasons.