Infertility

November IVF

Re: November IVF

• Good luck to all of you starting your new cycles!!

AFM my doc is recommending a different protocol, where he’ll do estrogen priming and then menopur 75u starting CD2 ( no Gonal F) Any thoughts?
  • Good luck to all of you starting your new cycles!!

AFM my doc is recommending a different protocol, where he’ll do estrogen priming and then menopur 75u starting CD2 ( no Gonal F) Any thoughts?
    Hey! Glad they have a plan for you.... I’ve seen girls who have just menopur cycles (though in my mind I can only remember European girls with this protocol.... but I’ve got a terrible memory). I’m curious why they wouldn’t just try a typical antagonist (so adding the gonal-f or follistim) or microdose lupron? I had the best response on mdl... in all my cycles where I started with low antral follie counts, I always ended up with high yield of eggs.  I’m just curious... menopur has both FSH and LH in it, but adding follistim (or final f) is usually done to up the ante on the FSH. He’s/she’s  also still starting you on a relatively low dose of menopur.... if I remember correctly they started you on the same dose of menopur last time?
  • Loading the player...
  • @dragonette505 yes that’s exactly what I’m wondering why wouldn’t he add gonal f in the equation.  I have emailed him but haven’t heard back from him.  I know he’s trying to get a few good quality eggs, knowing my situation, but I’m still curious as to why he wouldn’t add gonal f.  I’m trying to think of the mechanism of how these meds would work without gonal f.  You’re right that menopur increases fsh and LH in body so maybe he’s thinking to not overload my body with more fsh, since my fsh already runs on a high side
  • @knottie0635bfe61a4fac27 I guess I’m just wondering why they wouldn’t try a more standard treatment OR something like microdose lupron that is often used when people have DOR and low afc. He might have an awesome reason, but I’d just be curious about the reasoning. 
  • Hello!  I would love to be able to join you guys during my November IVF.  I remember going into the clinic a little over a week ago and seeing all of the scared/sad faces.  I thought.. I am not that person. I am the happy not scared of IVF girl.  -but now that my meds arrive tomorrow and I sort of acted crazy on the BCP this weekend (when I am suppose to be on my period but not)--- I am starting to realize that I need support.  Ya'll know so much more about this than I do..  I am really watching more to get an understanding of what is happening or suppose to be happening.  I cycled in 2007 at 29 and it was way different- they pick out two pretty three day embryos and sent me home to get a BFN.  Now my clinic requires genetic testing. They don't fresh transfer and it's a 7-9 day blast... Anyway... my RE said lets see if you can get an embryo and then we will remove pylops and transfer on the next cycle.... Stims will start 11/13.

@dragonette505 - My RE said the pylop should come out before the FET since the procedure increases the chance of pregnancy.- we will see

• dragonette505dragonette505 member
    edited October 2017
    @sunnyinatx yeah... Ive got to have mine removed too. Is your clinic having you and your partner get tested or your embryos.... having embryos genetically tested is purely optional... no clinic can make you do that if you don't want to.... (just fyi)
    Glad to have you join us! We are here to support and get through these cycles together

AFM.... STIMS START TODAY!!!!!! Yay... finally! I'm getting the feeling this estrogen priming is waaay too suppressive for me!
    Shes seeing about 11 measurable in the 6-8 range so yay!!!

• Good Morning Gals!
    @dragonette505 Glad you get to start stimming today! 
    @baseballhoney How are you doing? How are you getting along with the shots? Is DH able to help.

Where's everybody else at? Should be some others starting stims soon right?

AFM. Tonight will be day 3 of Stims. I'm not having too much for side-effects, mostly just pain at the injection sites and feel very bruised, a little mild cramping here and there. I'm on 3 shots per night including Lovenox (blood thinner). After 2 nights I already feel like I'm running out of unbruised space. DH has been great giving them. I hate Menopur. Just got my bloodwork back from this morning Estrogen up to 373 (don't know what that means until I hear back from RE though). Will find out later today if RE is adjusting dosages. 

Happy stimming! 
    -Steph

Me:28-Severe Endometriosis  DH:30 -Excellent

Spring 2008-Started TTC
    Fall 2011"Unexplained Infertiltiy"-3 IUI's with Clomid-All BFN
    Spring 2013-Divorce
    Feb 2017-RE Consult "unexplained Infertiltiy"
    Mar, Apr, May 2017-Letrozole/Ovidrel/IUI-BFN's
    July 2017-Laproscopy/Hysteroscopy-"Severe Endometriosis with Bowel Lesion not removed"
    November 2017-IVF-14-Retrieved, 7 Mature, 6 Fertilized(ICSI) 0 embryos. Fertilized did not divide.
    New d(x)-Egg problem

• @steph8986 yay! you are in the thick of it... sorry for the bruises (might possibly be a bit worse for you because of the lovenox). We just go left to right and rotate around the bruises :) lol

Your estrogen numbers really only matter in relation to how many follies you have, follie size and in relation to your last estrogen numbers. They like to see them rise and rise based on those other things (number of follies, size of follies, days stimming and etc).
  • Yay @dragonette505! I'm happy you finally got to start stimming. 

@steph8986 I'm doing pretty good. I didn't get my blood work numbers back yet. The ultrasound tech said I have 1 7 follicle on each side and a bunch of pretty ones on the left. I am only on the follistim through tonight. Then tomorrow I am supposed to add menopur. I will know for sure after the call from the RE's office though later. I am doing ok with the shots. DH isn't doing them at all. Lol. I think he is  afraid of hurting me. I'm ok as long as he isn't watching. That makes me nervous for some reason. That sucks about the bruises! I haven't had any so far, which is kind of surprising. I bruise really easily normally. But the lovenox is probably making it worse for you. 
  • @baseballhoney HOLY MOLEY that's a bumper crop! You should be all set with this!!! That's awesome!
  • @dragonette505 I really hope we can get a lot of eggs and get them to embryos and have some to freeze. We really won't be able to afford another stim cycle or quite awhile. 
    edited October 2017
    @dragonette505 I really hope we can get a lot of eggs and get them to embryos and have some to freeze. We really won't be able to afford another stim cycle or quite awhile. 

I don't like to over commit, but I really think you should have an egg-cellent (sorry! couldn't help myself) batch! If you have even average response and stats (and not counting the fact that you may get even more) you will have maybe 34 eggs... if even half of them are fertilized (likely it would be much more) that's 17 and if only half of THEM make it to good quality day 5 you'd have 8 embies! That's so good.... So many opportunities
  • @steph8986 Sorry about the bruising.  My first stim cycle I bruised terribly and it was so uncomfortable.  How many injections are you doing?  If you are up for the challenge you can mix the meds to only have to do one per night.  That's advanced but if you are bruising that badly it may be worth it.  

@baseballhoney You are doing great.  That's so exciting!

AFM: my donor will start stims on 11/15 so for now I'm just taking lupron.  I'm out of practice with the injections so its been a little stingy but manageable.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Still in the waiting game for me, and getting more and more anxious to get started too! Hard to believe how excited we all get for these daily shots and monitoring.  I had my consult/follow-up last week with the RE and it went well.  Still doing an antagonist with same medications as I respond well, but he said my LH has been low in my previous cycles so we are going to start with 150 on CD 3 along with 150 gonal f.  I am a little nervous about these higher doses as last cycle we started with gonal-f 225 for 3 days and my estrogen jumped to almost 500 in 3 days, but I am trusting the doc.  He also reassured me that he would be reviewing the results and making the changes himself every single time.  He said even on weekends, holidays etc he still chooses to manage his own patients.  I will be dealing with mostly communications through the RN, but it is nice to know that he will be following me so closely.  

We also have elected against PGS, he was very neutral in whether he would recommend or not, and seeing as we only had one embryo fail since the new FET protocol (with the ERA results) we are going to try and see if we can get some higher quality embryos and hoping to get success.  

He also discussed their differences in lab protocols from my previous practice and they have much newer technology and monitor the embryos daily (although don't disturb unless they need "rescue") He said their average 5 day blastocyst for women under 35 is 8!! Holy crap, my last clinic told me there's was 3-4 and that that was a good number.  He said we should hopefully get at least 6, but he is expecting closer to 10 as I have PCOS and get many mature follicles and eggs.  Just keeping fingers crossed and really praying that we will have a better cycle.  

I really need to make some diet changes, Im trying to eat a little healthier, but need to focus more on it as my diet has really gone downhill this last year with all the stress of IVF cycling.  

So now we wait for the insurance auth to go through, hoping to hear something by end of week, so that we could potentially start stims next week, but I guess we will see what happens!

Congrats to those starting stims, it's exciting to see so many getting started, and can't wait to see the ongoing monitoring results!
  • @bethann1022 That all sounds great! Its coming up so fast! Its so hard to keep up with healthy diets during IVF (exactly when we need them to be good!) I have so many moments when I want to just eat fried chicken and drink champagne and call it a day! lol. I basically wont bring junk into the house (except for select "healthy" junk lol) and that helps me some
  • So my doctors office called and told me to keep same dosages tonight, but now instead of Thursday, they'd like to see me for ultrasound/bloodwork tomorrow. Does this mean my E2 was too high? Should I be concerned?
    -Steph

Spring 2008-Started TTC
    Spring 2013-Divorce
    July 2017-Laproscopy/Hysteroscopy-"Severe Endometriosis with Bowel Lesion not removed"
    November 2017-IVF-14-Retrieved, 7 Mature, 6 Fertilized(ICSI) 0 embryos. Fertilized did not divide.
    New d(x)-Egg problem

• steph8986 said:
    So my doctors office called and told me to keep same dosages tonight, but now instead of Thursday, they'd like to see me for ultrasound/bloodwork tomorrow. Does this mean my E2 was too high? Should I be concerned?

I doubt it... my E2 was 322 4 days ago.... 373 is not really very high.... They may just be having you come in again to see if the meds need adjusting tomorrow instead of today. Its all really a bit of trial and error as far as getting the doses right. How many follies do you have? I have about 10-12. Maybe if you have a ton more follies you will see a more dramatic rise in e2 in the next few days. But really it doesn't seem too high today at least
  • steph8986steph8986 member
    edited October 2017
    @dragonette505 My AFC at baseline was at LEAST 22 as she put it. But I also was at 24 for E2 that day. 
    -Steph

Spring 2008-Started TTC
    Spring 2013-Divorce
    New d(x)-Egg problem

edited October 2017
    @steph8986 So yeah... its the follies that help produce that E2 so the more follies (and the bigger) the more E2. Anything over about 20 (follies) can put you at risk for OHSS (along with high E2 over 4000 ) So they may just walk a fine line with you so that they can avoid that. Ive had it twice, so I can tell you its not something you want.
    ETA (you def want your e2 to get above 2000 so I wouldn't worry yet)
  • @dragonette505 Yea I'm a little lower risk for OHSS because we are doing a freeze all. My RE is having me do a 30-day Lupron Depot shot immediately following ER (I told her to shoot me before I wake up haha) to shut all the hormones down right away. She said that likely if I start OHSS, I'll only feel crummy for a day or 2, and am very low risk for getting SUPER sick.  She wants to shut all the hormones back down to give a better chance for success with FET since I have severe endo and endo is a hormone sensitive disease that tends to put you Progesterone deficient.  
    -Steph

Spring 2008-Started TTC
    Spring 2013-Divorce
    New d(x)-Egg problem

• @steph8986 okay... yeah endo sucks (my sis has it) Hopefully they are right... supposedly OHSS is rare, but I am SUPER DUPER low risk and got it twice lol It actually pissed me off that I'm sitting there with it and my doc is like... you shouldn't be getting this... I was like... bruh! Now that I have it, can you work with me? lol
    After getting it again with him and him still not believing I would get it (with 18 eggs and e2 of over 6000) I basically switched clinics. Last cycle 18 eggs but no ohss because she kept my e2 in check.
  • @dragonette505 Yikes. Sorry you had to go through that twice! I hope she's right about my risk level. Does NOT sound fun! Out of curiosity, did you have fresh transfers both times you got it?
    -Steph

Spring 2008-Started TTC
    Spring 2013-Divorce
    New d(x)-Egg problem

• @steph8986 No.. I was banking (so planned freeze all cycles). Some people do transfer and get ohss (obviously being pg makes it worse). But I feel like with plenty of monitoring you will be fine... Its really hard to know who will get it. I think it also depends on the protocol and how your body responds to it. In my case, both of those cycles were microdose Lupron. I am back on antagonist, and last cycle I had no ohss at all
  • Yay for everyone getting started in the next couple weeks! 

AFM: I am starting monopur tomorrow night in addition to continuing my follistim and addin ganiurelix on Thursday night. Then going in for monitoring on Friday morning again. 
  • @baseballhoney you’re moving right along! That’s so great! What stim day are you on?
  • I have a question for you ladies that have done IVF before. I have my calendar and the ER is currently scheduled for 11/21. My question is, given that this is our first cycle, how likely is the ER to actually happen on that day? I'm trying to figure out the logistics of this for time off from work. My original plan was going to be to just call in sick on whatever day it ended up being, but I don't want it to come off weird because it's a holiday week...if that makes sense...
  • @zwink1 Depending on the medication and protocol you are on for stimming, you will take those meds for around 10-12 nights and then trigger.  The ER is 36 hours after the trigger.  While you are taking the stim meds they will monitor you to see how the follicles develop and test your estrogen levels.  They adjust the meds based on the monitoring as you progress.  So you will know a couple of days before when the ER will be.  Depending on how open you want to be with work it might be better to tell them you are anticipating needing a day off for a medical procedure around that time.  
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @laurad75, thanks for the info! I know all of that and on the stimming/monitoring/triggering. I guess my question is more on the line of, how likely it is that my cycle actually aligns with the calendar. Which, I guess is really a silly question because it's so individually based. I'm currently scheduled to trigger on Sun. PM, so if it moves up at all, there's no real way for me to give them any head's up other than just calling in Mon morning. I'm not all that interested in being open about the situation with anyone other than my direct coworker, for a variety of reasons. Not the least of which is that I just got a new boss. I'm over thinking this I think, lol. 
  • @zwink1 I see.  There's unfortunately no way to predict the actual date.  My first ER I stimmed for 12 nights and then my second round I only stimmed for 7 or 8 (that was unusual and it was a bust).  The uncertainty of it is frustrating for sure. 

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• That's sort of what I figured @laurad75. Thank you! I think I'll just stick to the original plan and sort of play it by ear. I'm still undecided on how much of a head's up to give my newish boss/HR that I'll be out, but I have time to think about it I guess.
  • @zwink1 Timing can be tough (some girls who start on BCP's can be a bit more certain about their schedules, but not 100%) as @laurad75 said... theres kinda no telling. From my perspective... I'm entirely secretive about this as well (and thank god since I'm on cycle number 7 and how much fun would that be to tell your boss!) and what I usually do is call out or if I can get a decent idea a few days in advance, I give my boss a heads up that I need a personal day for some home stuff or whatever I come up with. It really sucks, but I have been fortunate enough to have one or two fall on a weekend and that's nice because nobody is inconvenienced! With the holidays I am a bit stressed too, though... so many other colleagues scheduled to be out that it doesn't look awesome to call in.
  • I feel bad. I went MIA since I had some drama with my insurance company, but I talked to my nurse today and she said we will start estrogen priming on the 16th (assuming my BW that day comes back normal)!! I cried on the phone I was so happy.
  • Hey ladies! Well I'm back from China and still sick but well enough to come into work for some hours - thought I'd better show my face as I've been out 3 weeks and knowing I will also need to do the short notice "call in sick" for ER I am feeling the pressure to be here.

Looks like lots is moving for many already - and I can join the party tomorrow already!!! AF arrived (perfectly on time!) and its time to get the needles out tomorrow!

Oops actually need to call the clinic to let them know still... 

@zwink1 I'm totally in the same place with not knowing how to arrange things at work. But I can ask my clinic for a sick note for that day and then nobody at work can say anything, though I'm trying to keep the planned meetings much reduced around the days I think I might have ER so I can do a last minute shuffle once we know. 
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• @kiwi2628 oh what a relief!!! 
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• @kiwi2628 OMG I thought I was gonna have insurance dramz coming into this cycle but nope... just my scheduling nurse being a big ol dope! I was SUPER stressed though! SOO glad they worked it out for you!!!! Yay for getting started with the priming!!

@emmasemm OMG yay! So glad youre back! I missed you on here!! So glad youre starting right away!! I'm on day 2!!!

• @kiwi2628 I am glad you were able to get the insurance stuff figured out!

@emmasemm I'm happy to see you are back and AF came at a convinent time. That always helps mentally, at least for me. 
  • @emmasemm Welcome back! Glad you are getting started with us!

@kiwi2628 Glad ins is getting worked out and you'll be starting real soon! :)

@zwink1 I had similar struggles over work stuff. This is also my first IVF, and I struggled working out details for my IUI's. I decided just to tell my work because the last thing I need during this process is stress over logistics. It's a little awkward here and there, but I've decided to just own it. This is my process, I don't care what they think.

AFM tonight is day 4 of Stims. Had U/S bloodwork this am, Estrogen is high because my follicles are growing quicker than average. Already some 11's and, some 7-9's as well. About 16 follicles growing about the same rate. She says that likely dosages will stay the same and ER will get bumped forward a day or 2. Ganirelix starts tomorrow also. Waiting to hear about dosage change and when they want to see me next. My lining is beautiful they say, though I won't need it until January. Still not many noticeable side-effects other than bruised belly and (TMI) constipation. Spent a good bit of time tracking down some prunes last night to add to my Softeners/miralax/kombucha protocol of trying to keep things moving haha. The struggle is real.
    -Steph

Spring 2008-Started TTC
    Spring 2013-Divorce
    New d(x)-Egg problem

• @steph8986 oh god, I hope something helps with your constipation. My doctor thinks when I start my follies will grow faster than expected also based on how I normally ovulate, but having 16 sounds great!

And thanks everyone!
  • Thanks for all of the good feedback everyone! 

@kiwi2628, I'm so glad your insurance stuff is straightened out, what a frustrating thing to deal with!

Glad to hear your update @steph8986, and GL with the ER!