December 2017 Moms

Possible UTI *TMI*

I saw my OB on Monday and she was concerned with how frequently I was urinating. (Twice in 15ish minutes)  I told her I didn't think I had a UTI, but now... I think I do.  UGH.  Sorry I just wanted to vent a little bit.  UTI's are not fun, and if it is one, its awful.  I feel like I have to pee all the time, but when I sit do, nothing happens.  Or when something does happen my urine is HOT and when I'm finished I still feel like I have to go more.  It's so annoying.  being in the 3rd tri and already having to pee all the time is sucky enough, but at UTI need to go and it's just miserable. :( 

Re: Possible UTI *TMI*

• If you think it may be a UTI, I'd recommend you get it checked out sooner rather than later.  When I had one with my DS it went from not so bad to horrible way faster than any other time I had one in the past. Hope you feel better! 
  • @TigerCakes oh for sure! I felt pretty fine down there until mid-day yesterday.  I sent an after hours message to my OB office and plan on calling them when they open tomorrow morning.
  • Loading the player...
  • @jesrude when I was younger I used to get UTIs pretty frequently and what you're describing definitely sounds like it could be one. Thankfully you haven't hit the point where it feels like you're peeing needles, so that's good at least. Drinking lots of water can sometimes help to ward off an impending infection, but definitely talk to your doctor asap, you don't want to wait on these because they can get bad fast. 
  • @TigerCakes @leilagphillips thank you for your insight and support ladies. Went to the doctor about this today.  No UTI. she thinks it's just how the baby is positioned and wants me to drink more water.