May 2018 Moms

Just for fun... GTKY (kinda)

2»

Re: Just for fun... GTKY (kinda)

• @fraufarbissina yeah... she's something that's for sure 
  • Loading the player...
  • @cassloumy my inlaws were all about the rice cereal too. Maybe it's a generational thing? They kept telling me it would help DS sleep through the night. Either way, it got annoying real fast. 
  • My favourites are:

Try to make the baby last longer between feeds, it will be easier for you. Look I've managed to make him go 15 minutes mins longer (never mind he has been screaming the whole time and I have been super stressed!) we always feed on demand (EBF.) 

i think a lot of bad advice from parents is just reflective of how they did things!

This one was from the health visitors: at about 5months ds1 started waking up a lot in the night and I breast fed him. Then his weight shot up (off the chart.) Health visitors told me to stop feeding him which led to him crying for 45min sessions while DH tried to settle him 5 times per night. I have since been told by a much more sensible health visitor that he was too young not to feed. I regret worrying about his weight so much as I'm sure it would have levelled off!

I also second advice from non parents being downright irritating. We ended up cosleeping after several months of awful sleep with ds1, which solved the problem for us. One of our good friends (who never intends having kids) comes over each week and had so much advice about what he would do about getting DS to sleep in his own room. 
  • cassloumy said:
    @suchaglencoco, they turned 3 in May, yeah.  The questions have mostly stopped, we still get "Are they twins?"  a lot, but mostly I just say yes and keep walking.  But when they were infants, ugh.  The questions were endless and super annoying.  I'm sure people will think I'm crazy when they see me with a newborn and the girls, but I'm also sure I don't care LOL  
    Oddly I get asked if my sons are twins all the time. They are 19 months apart and there is a definite size difference. They even have different hair colour. It must be the matching outfits they sometimes wear! Lol
    I have a twin brother. When people find out they still ask if we're identical. Yes, we wear the same bra size.
    Good to know it will never stop.
    I joke with DH that our twins will go to high school and some kids will assume they're cousin's with the same last name as they will look nothing alike.