April 2018 Moms
Options

Why am I crying. 9/27

I thought I would start a new one since it has been a month. Let's hear them.

Re: Why am I crying. 9/27

• Options
    @frenchiekinplusone That is so sweet! Makes me tear up. 

I am doing a reading at my cousin's wedding this weekend, and I cannot keep it together. Every time I read it, I start tearing up. I have been crying thinking about my uncle walking my cousin down the aisle and when I think about what my grandpa is going to be like (he gets so emotional with things like this). It's just too much for me right now. I am hoping I can keep it together.. especially since my extended family does not know I'm pregnant.. I don't want to "let the cat out of the bag" until a few weeks after the wedding. I'm afraid it might be too obvious with my emotions though.  :D
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Because every time I watch Toy Story 3 (which my son loves right now) I bawl at the end and then it makes me feel like a bad mom because I don't appreciate every moment and feel like I don't spend enough quality time with DS.
  • Options
    Last night I cried because I dropped a tomato slice on the floor. One less slice of tomato in my belly was unacceptable.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    DS has a 102.5 fever  :( He's so blah and it's the complete opposite of his personality, it's unsettling. I feel terrible for working all day and am now over emotional about it.
    BabyFruit Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    My daughter asked me today why I didn't do the breakfast at school with her today like her friends and their moms and dads. Because I COMPLETELY forgot is why. I'm juggling so much right now, and just totally dropped the ball on that one. I asked her to run upstairs and get something (after I apologized to her), so I could sit in the bathroom and cry. Minus one for mom.
  • Options
    Half of these posts have made me tear up!

@Sissy42 I'm sorry you feel like you let her down. Kids are resilient, she will forgive you no matter what. You just have to do the same. 

And @sapphires-and-diamonds I hope your son feels better soon! We all feel that mom guilt sometimes and it's so hard when your kids are sick!

I almost cried watching my neighbor's little boy run straight into the street tonight. His mom was right behind him and grabbed him but it still scared me! I felt her panic so deeply. She has her hands full with three littles and it makes me worried about keeping track of 2.
  • Options
    Thanks, @mountainsmama! Fever is down to 100.4 and he's back to himself. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Oh man, I had a random thought in my head when DH said he had to set an alarm for work tomorrow, of me not waking up one morning and my 3 year old being locked in her room all day until he comes home, and how she would be in a wet diaper, hungry, crying, screaming, confused, scared etc. That i wasnt coming to the door to let her out. I had an anxiety attack about it and started bawling. Wtf head?!?! 
  • Options
    We finished reading “Stone Fox” yesterday as our read aloud book (third grade teacher). I cried, a few of my kids cried, it was one big classroom of emotions. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was driving the other day and a car swerve to miss a turtle crossing the street, I was able to miss it as well then I burst into tears for the turtle that DIDNT get hit. 
  • Options
    And again because I just finished watching The Wonder Years. Love that show. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @tooraloorah, all the 3rd grade teachers in my school can't get through that book without crying either! Thankful 4th grade has a less sad read aloud (although I might cry this year...who knows).
  • Options
    @keeksie84 I kept telling myself that I knew what was going to happen, so I’d be ok. Nope. Lol. I am hopefully showing the movie this week and am better prepared for the scene again. 

Side note: do you teach Lucy Calkins Units of Study?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @tooraloorah, I sure do. For both reading and writing. How do you like it?
  • Options
    @keeksie84 it’s our first year with little training so I’m not really liking it. Mind if I send you a PM?!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @tooraloorah, go for it. We're on year two and have found a way to make it work.
  • Options
    @sissy42 your story totally made me cry too. Hope you've forgiven yourself as I'm sure she has as well. Sending hugs your way! 
  • Options
    Because a guy on a competition show said he was going to use the prize money to adopt his wife's two kids....
  • Options
    g_amossg_amoss member
    edited October 2017
    I got a little teary when Sara Huckabee Sanders got emotional during press conference earlier regarding loss of life of heroes who saved others. Maybe she was sincere, maybe not, but the words hit me.

ETA some words I forgot when posting.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Vegas, CHIP expiring and now Tom Petty died. I've cried so many times today. 
  • Options
    coping skills.  what coping skills!?  mine are gone.  I feel like i'm killing the parent game right now but holding on by a thread in most other areas.  SO hasn't asked how my day was or how i'm feeling or even really acknowledge the pregnancy in days (probably longer but I don't want to be dramatic).  I don't need him up my ass but geez i'm gone all day commuting in and out of the city, doing daycare drop and pick ups and growing a human, i'd love a how ya holding up?  I cry because I don't think he even has a clue hes so checked out to my emotions or me. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Because I feel useless. I spend all day at home killing time, most of it in bed. This no school, no job, no kid to chase around is sucking the life force out of me. 
  • Options
    @ekendall09, I'm sorry you're feeling disconnected from SO. Pregnancy in general is hard for them to relate to (for obvious reasons), I think, and the changes it usually brings to the relationship are hard too. I'm feeling similarly - I was the one who really wanted a 4th kid and while DH went along with it, I know a part of him is resentful of this pregnancy and the changes it has brought along with it. I hope things get better for you soon.

@allowachick, that sounds like a tough place to be. Are there good volunteer opportunities in your area? I know I feel a lot better if I get out of the house, even with kids to chase around.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @lindsye absolutely, changes and pregnancy go hand in hand.  we have DD about 80% of hte time and I sometimes forget that while i've been through through this before he spent his first 39ish years doing his own thing and not having to worry about how crazy pregnancy hormones are. I do understand both sides. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @lindsye I live in a city, so there should be something. It's been a very rough week
  • Options
    I'm so sorry, @allowachick. I hope next week is a better one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Cried while listening to Miley Cyrus's "The Climb" yesterday.  Definitely not my finest moment.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I cried while watching Teen Mom yesterday when one of the girls gave birth.