December 2017 Moms
Options

FTM Check-In 9/26

How far along are you? 

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?  

Rants/raves/Questions? 

GTKY:  What is something non-baby related that you want to get done before you give birth. Do you realistically think it will be done? 

Me 29 I Him 26
Married 4/22/16
TTC 9/2015
**TW**
BFP 2/1/16 I MC 3/21/16 (11w)
TTCAL 6/15/16
BFP 3/23/2017 Team pink! Quinn Leigh EDD December 1, 2017
BabyFetus Ticker
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: FTM Check-In 9/26

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    Far enough that I'm starting to lose track! Just had to cheat and check my apps. 27+2. Can't believe it. 

Worsening RLP/pelvic girdle pain.  I pee a little when I sneeze. All the fun things. 

Nope.  Glucose test and Tdap next week, which I am dreading. 

Rants/raves/Questions? 
    Shower hostesses purchased a gift that wasn't on my registries. WTF.  Like, I expect that from the guests, but wow.  Not to mention it was something I was going to get as a hand-me-down from a friend.  Can't return it because I don't even know where it was from.  I know I should be thankful, but I am feeling rather disappointed! 

GTKY:  What is something non-baby related that you want to get done before you give birth. Do you realistically think it will be done? 
    We slacked off on the house aka money pit to-do list this past year, so now all the little things are glaring at me every single day.  We really REALLY need some minor home repair/carpentry work done (interior and exterior) along with painting but I'm not hopeful.  I just have this feeling that whatever isn't accomplished by LO's arrival, will get put off another 5-10 years minimum. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 30+4

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Nope. Same back and hip pain, nothing too crazy.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?  Had a third AS and a regular appt. I am frustrated all around with the appt. I had to see the doctor that I hate and they still didn't see one thing on the AS, but the doctor said "there's nothing we could do anyway" so they aren't going to keep trying to see the LVT.

Rants/raves/Questions? Anyone else (esp. with an anterior placenta) not feel a ton of movement? I feel a couple throughout the day and usually a decent amount after dinner, but that is it. I got super worried over the weekend and almost made myself go to L&D because I had hardly felt her for two days straight.

GTKY:  What is something non-baby related that you want to get done before you give birth. Do you realistically think it will be done? I really want to get the garage cleaned out along with the guest room. We have done a lot to prepare the house already, but those are the last things I would really like to get done. I do think they will get done, but it's a slow process.
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @elcd458 I have my shower coming up this weekend and I am scared we will get nothing from our registry and just a bunch of clothes. I will be grateful for anything, but I REALLY hope that doesn't happen. Nothing has been purchased off the registry so far! There are apps you can download to scan a barcode to see where it is from, maybe you can figure it out and return it that way!
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @ktcakes87  Those apps were my saving grace to avoid the human interaction that goes with store registries!  They also let me know in advance that I probbbbbbably wasn't going to get much of the practical stuff we registered for, so I wasn't as disappointed as I probably would've been!  Didn't think about trying to reverse-scan. Hmmm. Will investigate and let y'all know if it works!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 27  + 6

only that my nails are brittle again. They were horrible 1st Tri. then normal. All of a sudden they all started breaking again. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?  Yes today. No low lying placenta anymore! Wahoo for no more pelvic rest! Haha. Had my 1hr glucose test and an ultrasound. Baby girl looks great. 

Rants/raves/Questions? Anyone know how long it usually takes to get your glucose test results? I forgot to ask when I would hear. 

Our stairway. We tore up carpet and need to lay new floor. But since our AC broke this summer and we had to fix it we are short on cash. We will see...
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    26+3

Had the worst RLP I've experienced so far last night. It was horrendous.

I have one on Tuesday which will include my 1-hour glucose test and my rhogam shot.

Rants/raves/Questions?
    Rant: Last night I felt so uncomfortable. I decided to shave my legs and the bending was so hard, as was getting out of the bathtub. I know a while back we talked about complaining at the end of pregnancy and I said I would probably be one of those people...yeah, pretty sure that's coming. Lol.
    Rave: LO moved like crazy yesterday. I think it had to do with the two giant Gatorades I consumed...she definitely moved more while I was drinking them/shortly after drinking them (not surprising, considering the insane amount of sugar). (I wasn't feeling well yesterday, hence the Gatorade.)

Hmmm...there are things I wish we could get done but we can't afford. And things we really should get done and hopefully will but also...$$$$$ (i.e. new tires for one of our cars).

@elcd458 That's irritating. We have a few common baby things not on our registry because we're getting hand-me-downs/bought secondhand and I'm really hoping people don't take it upon themselves to buy them. Buut if they do I'll just try to use one of those bar code apps and if that fails just point blank tell the person, "Hey, I already have this. Where can I return this to?" Haha.
    @ktcakes87 I'm sorry about the anterior placenta. That would be frustrating and hard not to worry.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    @balletnerd  Right here with you on the brittle nails.  Specifically, my toenails.  My big toenail cracked down to the quick yesterday and I dread how long and awful the growing-out process from that is gonna be! 

@MJDsquared We've got over 100 items across 3 different registries in a wide array of price points, so I was seriously taken aback when I opened that gift.  I can understand someone being like "Ooh, they didn't register for this thing but I know it worked well for my grandson and is super useful!" or whatever, but it's not like some ancient guarded secret life hack item.  Anyone else might go "Hmmm, there may be a reason this really common popular item isn't on her registry."  We don't have a lot of hand-me-downs being offered because most of our friends/family either had kids forever ago and their stuff is long gone, or they aren't done on the baby front yet-- but now I'd feel guilty about taking this one.  

I specifically passed up some good deals myself on a couple more lucrative items because I thought FO SHO they'd be group gift(s) from one of the showers... oh well.  Too bad everything on my local Facebook marketplace looks like it's from a friggin' meth lab. Ugh.

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    30+1 (officially down to the single digits in "weeks left to go".... this is alarming)

Way more movement from the baby in the last couple days. @ktcakes87 I completely understand your concern, up until this past week I was still barely feeling more than irregular, unpredictable flutters, and no real movement from the outside at all. Then yesterday this boy started dancing non-stop. Hopefully yours starts to do the same soon.

Appointment last Friday, it went fine. Got my flu shot (no post-shot arm soreness whatsoever, which is bizarre and awesome). 

Rants/raves/Questions? 
    Rant: It's like biological warfare at my office right now, everyone is coming in sick this week. So...
    Rave: ...I'm working from home until at least Friday to avoid all their gross germs.
    Q: At every visit my OB measures my belly, but she doesn't say anything besides "good", and there's nothing on the portal about measurements. My mom & a few other people have asked me how big the baby is going to be/what percentile he's in, but I have no idea. Should I know this? Should I ask? Does it matter? I feel like such a noob.

Much like the rest of you guys, we have a bunch of home improvement projects which we've been putting off forever, but at this point I don't think we're going to get them done before December. Otherwise it's just a lot of tedious to-do's like getting my car serviced and taking the cats to their annual vet appointment, since those things were originally scheduled during the Dec/Jan "not-gonna-happen" timeline.

@balletnerd Congrats on the raised placenta! Great news. :) And my glucose test results came back in 2-ish days... I took the test Wed late afternoon, results showed up on my portal Fri late morning.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @elcd458 I am really not a fan of people buying items that aren't on the registry.  Sure, maybe if it's a really thoughtful gift that you know they need, but otherwise I really judge it.  I'm sorry to hear you are stuck with something you didn't need!

@ktcakes87 my mom is a L&D nurse and she told me if you aren't feeling the baby move to drink a glass of orange juice, wait an hour, and then spend another hour laying on your side in a dark and quiet room.  After that if you don't feel anything you should call the doctor or go to the hospital.

@MJDsquared omg shaving has become nearly impossible.  I can barely even see from mid-thigh up even if I can figure out how to bend down.

How far along are you? 
    28+3

Braxton Hicks alllll the time.

Just a regular OB appointment yesterday and GD testing before that (failed the one hour, passed the three).

Rants/raves/Questions? 
    Rant:  I have to fly later today and my husband and I are sitting middle/window instead of aisle/middle. I probably get too worried but I am anxious about having a stranger blocking my way to the aisle when I know I'll have to pee and stretch and possibly puke.  H changed the flight to earlier in the day late last night when we had the aisle on our previous flight so I'm trying not to be bratty but I'm a little annoyed.  Rave:  Yay for no GD!

Only a million things!  We just closed on a house 2 weeks ago and I'd love to have everything perfect before baby comes.  That won't happen (but when I say perfect I mean basically renovating all of a move-in ready house), but I'm confident we'll be all painted and have redone the kitchen, which is a probably plenty.
    BabyFruit Ticker