December 2017 Moms
Options

Monday Ticker Change 9/25

mdcd44127mdcd44127 member
edited September 2017 in December 2017 Moms

@brittabatwhite  @missbmama  @TigerCakes  @CandyApple2012  @torresfamily5  @mrswifeytoad  @yarleen  @AFrye0726  @ngarciabyu  @kdestito  @greenange  @amballow  @muskratbaby  @kln62689 @AFrye0726  @kersey0208 @wabash15 @anewadventure @wabash15 

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 

2) How are you feeling?

3) Are you having/have you had a shower or sprinkle? Do you find them exciting or anxiety-inducing?

4) Any appointments this week/last?

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?

6) GTKY: Has anyone started planning Halloween costumes yet? Any fun stories/pictures of pregnancy-themed costumes?
Me: 31 | DH: 31
TTC #1 since 12/2015
BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Monday Ticker Change 9/25

• Options
    27 weeks / size of a head of lettuce (ultrasound to get true size on a Friday)

2) How are you feeling?
    HG + hunger = miserable. Other than that and not being able to sleep due to hip pain I am physically ok. I have a lot of anxiety, especially around GD with my gluscose test coming up Friday, but trying to just go with the flow. Very not my personality. 

3) Are you having/have you had a shower or sprinkle? Do you find them exciting or anxiety-inducing?
    Will be having a shower Nov 19. Since it is still a ways off I'm focusing my anxiety on nearer term things. Also my sister is helping friends throw it and she runs a wedding venue so she's great at events. As long as I don't ask for anything weird I know she will do a great job and not hate me afterward :)

28 week + ultrasound + glucose test this coming Friday morning 

FTM question - I am trying to figure out which if any classes to go to. Since I'm a control freak I don't want to be too opinionated when I go have the baby, I think it may be better for my mental health to just let the professionals boss me. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

6) GTKY: Has anyone started planning Halloween costumes yet? Any fun stories/pictures of pregnancy-themed costumes?
    I thought maybe I'd just buy a top with the little pumpkin or skeleton where the bump is. Halloween isn't really a big deal at my house, we won't get trick or treaters or anything. 
    Me 30 | DH 40
    Married April 2013
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP 4/27/2017  - EDD 12/25/2017 - DD born 12/15/2017
    TTC #2 since March 2019
    BFP 7/29/2019 - EDD 4/2/2020

• Options
    mdcd44127mdcd44127 member
    edited September 2017
    @kln62689 Good luck on your glucose test! As a FTM also, I signed up for the classes I thought would be important for DH & I (newborn care and infant CPR) and then a shorter, more general birth class, but I opted out of the full-day birth class because the idea of it completely overwhelmed me. I have a few preferences in mind for the birth, but like you, I'm leaving the details up to the professionals.

1) How far along are you
    ? How big is baby? 
    30 weeks (AAAH!!), baby is the size of a... summer cantaloupe, zucchini, lunchbox, or half of a large Cheesecake Factory cheesecake

2) How are you feeling?
    Feeling good, baby's movements are definitely more noticeable now, which is a relief. And with him gaining all this weight, walking feels more and more like mountain-climbing. Sleep quality is garbage, but that's been pretty consistent since 1st tri.

Don't think I'm getting one. :( The plan had been for my mom to throw me a family-party style shower, but she's completely flaked on me and at this point I don't have the time/space/motivation to plan one for myself. Best I'm going to get is a work shower from my coworkers.

Appointment last week (got my flu shot), another appointment next week to check in.

Rave: Gettin' shit done! We're putting down our deposit for daycare this week, and the month of October is going to be super busy/productive with the L&D tour, birth classes, finishing the nursery, and all the misc appointments I've made to get things out of the way pre-baby (like car inspection & vet appointments for the cats). It's going to FLY.

I'm going as Juno, and I got all the pieces of the outfit second-hand and everything can be reused as non-Halloween garb, so this was the most reasonably-priced costume I've put together in years. Not the most original idea, but it'll be fun. I just need to get DH 100% onboard with being Paulie Bleeker or else it won't make a whole lot of sense...

TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @djd0404 those classes definitely seem a bit more up my alley. Did you do a hospital tour? I have already been there for an emergency visit, and I figure they will tell me where to go. I'm kind of just mentally blocking the whole delivery topic at this point. I'm still holding out hope there will be some stork related solution for bringing this nugget into the world. 

I am am sorry to hear someone isn't stepping up to throw you a shower. As much as I'm not into the party itself, knowing women that have had children and know what stuff is actually required are going to get me some of those things is chilling me out a bit. I hope your coworkers show up in a good way!

You seem super prepared with your plan, and I'm super jealous! I need a baby's coming life organizer, like a wedding planner for gestation. 
    Me 30 | DH 40
    Married April 2013
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP 4/27/2017  - EDD 12/25/2017 - DD born 12/15/2017
    TTC #2 since March 2019
    BFP 7/29/2019 - EDD 4/2/2020

• Options
    @kln62689 I did sign up for a hospital tour since I have no familiarity with the L&D dept, it's on a Monday evening so I think it'll be short & sweet. I'm trying to put together a list of questions as they pop into my head (like what supplies they'll have for me vs. what I should bring, etc). I hear you on the organizer, I'm a total Type-A listmaker... it's how DH knows I've gone deep into my anxiety, I'll sit at my computer and make/curate lists for hours. The delivery is the one thing I feel like I have no real control over whatsoever and it's killlllling me!!
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    29 weeks-acorn squash

2) How are you feeling?
    pretty good aside from sleep issues and having zero energy in the evening. Also itchy boobs and hot feet make me super uncomfortable at night.

nope. I'm a STM, but I might do a girls weekend with my 2 best friends.

none this week. Had my tdap and rhogam shots last week.

trying to find outfits for impending weddings is such a PITA.

I might go as a road bump or a pin cushion (I'm a seamstress!)

@kln62689 I did hypnobirthing classes, but I was aiming for a very specific kind of labor. If you're open to whatever, I might still recommend a class. The nurses and docs at my hospital took a pretty hands off approach (which I ultimately appreciated), and I found it was helpful to know a little bit of what to expect. You could also just read about different birth experiences to find out more.
    I am a person that also likes control and I am a mega researcher (I work as a librarian) so the idea of no classes freaks me out. That said, if you get more anxious with more planning, do what feels best for you! I totally trusted the doctors, midwives, and nurses to guide with decisions, but I wanted to know what kind of decisions might need to happen during the thick of it.

Our L&D tour was short & sweet, but it was good to know where to park and what to do. I don't think I'll do it again since I pretty much remember from the first time.

I also wouldn't do the infant care classes. We forgot literally everything in the haze of becoming new parents and the recovery nurses told us everything we needed to know!

@djd0404 I love the Juno costume! I wish I could do it, but I work at a high school and feel like it might be in poor taste. hahaha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 28 weeks, baby is the size of a bowling pin

2) How are you feeling? I'm in pain. My joints, everything. I'm just trying to suck it up.

I had a sprinkle with DHs side of the family, and my mom is throwing me another sprinkle Oct 8.

4) Any appointments this week/last? I have my midwife appt tomorrow and a NST with my MFM on Friday.

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? got all the rooms for my kids set up over the weekend! DS1 and 2 are all set in their own rooms now, and the nursery is set up! Just need to paint the walls and add some decor here and there. I will need to go through and wash everything before baby comes and set up some other misc gear, but I'll probably start all that around the time I install the car set etc.

I'm super lame and won't be doing anything for Halloween, just focusing on the kids this year.
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby?  30 weeks, zucchini

2) How are you feeling? Im feeling alright. This morning was a struggle to get to work. Sleeping is getting more difficult so I'm just tired. 

3) Are you having/have you had a shower or sprinkle? Do you find them exciting or anxiety-inducing? i met up with my best friend yesterday who is going to help with the shower. My sister planned to throw it but has backed off so I think I'll end up doing a lot of it myself. I found a venue and reserved it. Planning on Nov 4th so will be going on 36 weeks. Makes me a little nervous bc I'm still so worried I'll go early. Hopefully everything will pan out nicely. 

4) Any appointments this week/last? I have an appointment the 3rd when I start weekly appointments with ultrasound/non stress test. I'm excited to see how big she is and if she has turned yet. 

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? i can't get enough to eat. Until this month I didn't want to eat at all and now I want to eat every two hours.. trying to make healthy choices to stay on track with my GD diet.

never been into Halloween but I'm very excited that it's fall! Love all the fall scents, decor, apple orchards and pumpkin patches. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and I keep having dreams that baby will be here on Thanksgiving. 
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby?  28 Weeks - Eggplant

2) How are you feeling? Pain, joints, back, stretching, but almost there. 

We are throwing a diaper BBQ/DH's birthday party.  Basically just a large get together and bring diapers if you were going to get something for the baby (so I don't get a bunch of stuff we don't need/want)

4) Any appointments this week/last? Glucose test Thursday - scared to death because I hated having GD last time. This appointment also determines if I get my VBAC or if I schedule another C-section :(

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant - this baby is so low, I swear I feel like I'm crunching him in half when I set up straight at my desk or driving.  This is going to be a fun 12 weeks. 

I keep thinking about Halloween, but Christmas scares me more.  So I keep putting it off, specially since I usually make their costumes. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    @wabash15 where you at, we can be super-late-to-post friends! 

ladies i have been completely MIA this past month but i promise i will come back this afternoon to update you!

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @djd0404 i love john stamos, hahaha!

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?  30w 2days  baby is....large. 

2) How are you feeling?  ok overall, i guess. heartburn out the wazoo. general discomfort. joints are getting wonky. recurring headaches lately. and the size of a HOUSE. i've definitely crossed that line where bending over / reaching my toes / doing normal things is difficult if not impossible. it's kind of daunting to realize i have two months left. 

none for me this time around. i'm a social extrovert so they weren't anxiety-producing for me. 

4) Any appointments this week/last? one million appointments. had my 30 week checkup at OB yesterday. still officially aggravated by it - their scale gave a reading 3lb below my home scale at 28w and FIVE POUNDS above my home scale yesterday. this registered as a 7lb weight gain in two weeks on my chart and they went nuts. my own records show a gain of one pound - and my weight gain has been totally on track this whole pregnancy.  :|:| not at all pleased with the lecturing. especially given that i am exercising like crazy, eating well (yes, i eat cookies and stuff but it is totally a reasonable amount) and that last time around i was a slug who ate everything in sight and they didn't say one ding dang word. 

anyway i passed by GD test with flying colors, my blood pressure is still approx. 100/60 every time, heartbeat was fine, so that's all good. got my tdap shot (OWWIEEE) and had my rhogam last week. got my flu shot already. 

today i have an appointment with my hematologist to check in on my anticoagulant regimen. we'll see what her stinkin' scale says but i already get the side-eye at this office any day of the year. not to be, well, super stereotypical here, but everyone that works in the office is chinese and tiny so all the ladies think i'm this enormous american anyway. it'll be great. really. 

SORRY FOR ALL THE WHINING. TLDR YOU GUYS ARE DA BEST IF YOU READ ALL THAT. 

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? prettttty sure the above qualifies as my rant. 

oh, my DS turned 3 on saturday  :'(  he moved to his new room and his new big boy bed. it went really smoothly! where oh where did my little baby boy go?? 

i'm absolutely not one to dress up on halloween and will only do so if my son insists AND is really cute about it. he is going to be a kakamura (a coconut monkey, as he calls it, from moana)

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @anewadventure Omg, the scales in the Dr's offices are bullllllshit. Mine always weighs me before she has me pee in the cup, so that right there is like 4 pounds of extra liquid. I've kept a spreadsheet of my weight gain using my home scale and I've been super consistent, but my weights according to my patient portal would have you believe I'm a monster.

And I LOL'd at your enormous American comment... I work with a woman who weighs 90 lbs soaking wet and she looks at me like I'm a behemoth. Whatever, just thank your naturally perfect genes and stop with the side-eye, lady.
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker