Pregnant after IF

3rd Trimester Check-In Week September 25th

Joslynj11Joslynj11 member
edited September 2017 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check in for the mamas  who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us please post a: 
•Mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD
•How many babies you are pregnant with
•If you know the gender(s)
•How you have been feeling in your 3rd tri
•Any upcoming or recent appointments you may have had

Feel free to share pictures of your bump, nurseries, baby gear, and of course those babies when they arrive! 

QOTW: What kind of personality do you give your LO? Do you think he/she will behave/act/look a certain way based on the way he or she is while you are still pregnant?

3rd Trimester mommies and their little bundles:

@EmilyE13 EDD 9/28/17 with a little girl
@ChocolateIsLife  EDD 10/21/17 with a little girl
@mous-2 EDD 10/22/17 with boy/girl twins! 
@Joslynj11 EDD 10/26/17 with a little girl 
@PolythenePam EDD 10/31/17 with a little boy
@LeFemmeViolette EDD 11/16/17 with a little girl
@sasha29-2  EDD 11/18 with a little boy
@Jeansis EDD 11/30 with a little boy
@PoeMasque EDD 12/8 with a little boy
@clovelyone EDD 12/16 with boy/girl twins
@stella_700 EDD ?? with boy/girl twins

Me: 29 DH:38
First RE Consult 3/9/2016
IVF ER 5/5/2016
23 eggs retrieved; 15 mature; 8 developed to embryos; 6 frozen day 5; 2 frozen day 6
Transfer canceled OHSS
FET #1 6/2/2016 transferred 2 embryos
Beta #1 6/15/2016 BFN
FET #2 8/1/2016 transferred last 2 embryos (lost 4 in the thaw)
Beta #1 8/12/16 BFN
IVF #2: Started stims 12/2 
ER #2 12/14/2016; 16 follies retrieved, 8 fertilized to day 1, 4 frozen day 5, and 1 frozen day 6
Praying my frosties are strong through the next thaw FX
FET # 3 2/07/2017 2 embabies thawed 2 embabies transferred
2/14/2017 *TW* First ever BFP
Beta #1 2/20/2017 277 Beta #2 2/23/2017 8,945...did I hear you right!
3/10/2017 One beating heart HR 168!! So very happy
3/10/2017 Official graduate from Jones Institute for Reproductive Health!! Couldn't help but cry
6/8/2017 Anatomy Scan proves ITS A GIRL! 
10/30/17 An angel was Born; Riley Charlize 7:50 AM my heart is so full
*Praying that 3 is our charm*

Re: 3rd Trimester Check-In Week September 25th

• Good morning. I'm 32w4d today.

Might be a bit TMI, but whatevs- my bowels are alllll out of whack. They have been for about a month now, but these last couple weeks its either been loose or diarrhea. Not fun. I thought pregnancy caused constipation??

On the preeclampsia side of things, I've been monitoring my BP closely everyday and luckily it hasn't surged into the danger zone yet. I'm also having dr appts twice a week now to do non-stress tests, bloodwork, and ultrasounds. Still a little freaked out by this diagnosis, but I'm glad my dr is taking it seriously and watching things closely.

QOTW: I think she'll be a little firecracker. It seems like she likes her sleep- but when she's awake it's party time!
    Me: 32, Hubs: 36
    Married: September 2013
    TTC since April 2014, Dx: MFI
    DH started Clomid Oct 2015
    April-June 2016- 3 IUIs: All BFN
    July 2016- IVF #1: 16 eggs ->1 PGS-normal embryo
    Sept 2016- single FET #1: BFN
    Nov 2016- IVF #2 16 eggs -> 3 PGS-normal embryos
    Jan 2017- single FET #2: BFN
    Feb 2017- endometrial scratch
    March 2017- FET #3 (double transfer): BFP!
       Beta #1: 386 (9dp5dt), Beta #2: 1,960 (12dp5dt)
       Pregnant with: Triplets Twins Singleton
       It's a GIRL! :)
       EDD: November 16, 2017
       Dx w/ preeclampsia: Updated delivery date: 10/4/17
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Good luck @mous-2!  
    @LeFemmeViolette  I hear you 100%- I figured I'd be backed up, but nope, this pregnancy apparently had other plans for me.

AFM, 33+5 with the nugget.  Mostly lately it's just been sheer exhaustion that's my biggest struggle, but I think that's more external than from the pregnancy.  We've just had too much going on lately, and this weekend was especially rough.  I just need some recharge time (and laundry time, the pile of dirty clothes is just stupid right now).

QOTW: LOL I've been calling him my little kickboxer.  He never stops moving, and not those smooth, rolling movements you'd expect; hard little sudden kicks. And he seems to like burrowing into inconvenient spots (my ribs, my bladder, or right at my pelvic floor with a good case of the hiccups, which feels bizarre).  Mostly I've been saying he's gonna be stubborn like his daddy and he's going to keep us on our toes. We were at a party yesterday where a couple kids were quite literally climbing a wall (not a wall that was meant to be climbed, though), and DH and I just looked at each other like "yep, that's gonna be our kid."
  • @mous-2 best of luck!!! Keep us posted, can't wait to "meet" the littles!!

@LeFemmeViolette I'm glad you're being monitored and taken care of, hopefully it makes things a little less stressful. Because it's already stressful enough!

@sasha29-2 ugh can't everyone and every chore understand we just need to sleep?? haha but seriously!

35 weeks over here! Going between nesting like crazy (like I want to redo a bathroom... but I know better...) and wanting to just sleep. I think it finally hit my husband that we're close so we're going to wrap up anything we can - install the car seat bases this weekend and maybe finalize a name ;) My daughter was born on her due date but I'd feel better getting those last things checked off so we can enjoy the last few weeks in case he comes earlier.

QOTW He's currently pretty chill, just stretching but pretty quiet. I am knocking on all things wood but I hope that means he's a sleeper. My daughter is my velcro child and is very cautious and VERY emotional, so long term, I'm positive I'll have a runner who is hopefully not quite as emotional haha. No way do I have two cautious kids, just being the second I'm sure he'll be much crazier. Can't wait to meet him!! <3
  • 29+3 here. Struggling hard with fatigue and insomnia....plus mild cramping. I never knew you could feel so mildly uncomfortable all the time haha. 

I also have had bowel issues, I’m either so backed up that the heartburn won’t end, or I’m suddenly running to the bathroom to empty it all out! Definitely a roller coaster. 

QOTW: like @sasha29-2 our Little Guy is a kicker! I think he’s going to be like his daddy.....sweet, but stubborn! :)
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hello everyone,
    I'm 28+2 with boy/girl twins. I'm looking at a delivery date sometime the week after Thanksgiving as the MFM dr has already said no later than 37 weeks. I've an appt on Thursday (OB) and another one (MFM) next Monday. Hoping for clear pictures as they have had difficulties in getting all the measurements for baby B. I'm tired and had some vomiting this morning brought on by the dry heaving that has plagued me all pregnancy.

I'm also no longer driving as of this week. Pregnant ladies who stall out their standard vehicle cause they can no longer reach to fully engage the clutch get rides everywhere. Poor DH. I'm not minding that nearly as much as I thought, napping on the way to work is much nicer than dealing with detours and traffic.

We got the baseboards in the nursery this past weekend, put a coat of wax on the changing station, covered up the old electrical panel area with a locking box (its in the nursery closet), and set up shelving in the garage to assist in organizing our crap a little bit. Our project for this weekend is to work on the guest room/play room. It currently has legos and nerf darts (my DH buys the nerf guns at goodwill broken, takes them apart and fixes them) scattered everywhere from the epic battle that was waged this past weekend at my house. I've got some mending to tend to in there that I haven't been able to do as it was full of other stuff that needs to find its home at my house whether in the nursery or attic, etc. Gotta uncover my sewing machine. I also need to pick up the cushions for my rocking chair, and find the upholstery strapping for the seat still.

So far with the twins I've noticed that one of the twins is a lot more active in the morning and the other baby seems to enjoy evening a bit more. That is the only thing I've noticed so far while I sort of track their movements. They also let me know in no uncertain terms when I need to eat something. Demanding little ones. I love them so much already. I'm hoping for happy babies that aren't colicky but we will deal with whatever comes along.
  • Joslynj11Joslynj11 member
    edited September 2017
    Happy Happy Tuesday Ladies!

Welcome to our new faces, I will get you added and congrats on making it to the 3rd tri! I hope everyone is having a great week so far and good luck with all appointments!

I am checking in this week 35+5 here. I have an appointment this Thursday and hope that everything is still going pretty good. I think it will be my first Cervix check so we will see if anything is happening. EEKKK I hope not DH and I still have so much that we need to finish. 

QOTW: I think she is a little diva already haha. I just think from looking at our US that we've had she is always either striking a pose or has her hand over her face like "No pictures please" I mean really haha. I just can't wait to meet this little diva <3

IVF ER 5/5/2016
    23 eggs retrieved; 15 mature; 8 developed to embryos; 6 frozen day 5; 2 frozen day 6
    Transfer canceled OHSS
    Beta #1 6/15/2016 BFN
    Beta #1 8/12/16 BFN
    ER #2 12/14/2016; 16 follies retrieved, 8 fertilized to day 1, 4 frozen day 5, and 1 frozen day 6
    3/10/2017 Official graduate from Jones Institute for Reproductive Health!! Couldn't help but cry

• @PoeMasque I think insomnia is hitting me now, too. Last night my fitbit says I was asleep for a total of 3 hours. : ( I think part of it has to do with anxiety, and the other part is when I want to change positions it's such a big to-do that I'm much more awake after than when I would roll over not pregnant. Le sigh.
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @LeFemmeViolette the changing positions is definitely an issue! I love my snoogle, but when I want to change sides it’s like an obstacle course, haha. The baby also seems to settle into one side so when I flip it’s like a bowling ball weighing me down in front! It seems like once I’m finally settled on the other side I realize I have to pee.....

i finally did get some Tylenol PM and it seems to be working really well, I have a cold right now, but once I’m not achy/sore throated I will switch to just Benadryl to help with sleep. 

Question for everyone: both my brothers and my fiancé were big babies (just under 9lbs), I’m pretty petite and I’m worried about this baby boy being over 8lbs like his uncles and father.....does anyone know if birth weight is familial? Or am I worrying for no reason?
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque I'm not sure but both my husband I were small (6 & 7lbs) and my daughter was almost 9 lbs. I'm smaller framed but she was measuring ahead the whole time so we knew. They're predicting bigger since this is a boy but no one is concerned, besides me ha! But anyway it was opposite what we were as babies for us at least.

for sleep if anyone is struggling, I found a powder "natural calm" that helps! It's a bit of melatonin. My doc also gave the thumbs up on unisom, literally a quarter of a pill helps me if I wake so I actually go back to sleep. Still wake to pee 5x but at least I can sleep again :)
  • @LeFemmeViolette Right there with you on the intestinal distress. I'm so glad to hear that the preeclampsia monitoring has been uneventful so far. 
    @mous-2 So exciting!!! Best wishes for a smooth delivery, and can't wait to hear about your kiddos!
    @Polythene Pam Natural Calm is the best!
    @clovelyone and @stella_700, welcome to 3rd tri!

AFM, I'm 39+6 today with the little girl. It's astonishing that my due date is tomorrow! No real progress, though. I'm just pretty uncomfortable at times, and the periodic lightning crotch is ridiculous. 

QOTW: Like @PoeMasque and @sasha29-2, I've got a super active little kicker on my hands. I was a soccer player growing up and in college, so maybe she's just practicing for her sports career! I have a feeling she's going to be rambunctious regardless. Just excited to meet her!
  • @EmilyE13 Gosh, girl its almost go time!! Good luck, I hope she starts making her way soon. I was a soccer player too growing up and in college so I am right there with you having a little player kicking around in there. DH and I joke about Riley practicing all the time hehe
    IVF ER 5/5/2016
    Transfer canceled OHSS
    Beta #1 6/15/2016 BFN
    Beta #1 8/12/16 BFN

• @Joslynj11 Thanks! 

Welp, I got sent to triage from my 40 wk appointment today due to elevated blood pressure. I of course burst into tears. We're sitting in a triage room listening to her have a party on the monitor as I'm getting blood pressure measurements every 10 min. Waiting on labs, too, but things are looking OK and I am assuming I'll get sent home. It's funny because DH insisted on bringing our hospital bags in the car to the appt, and lo and behold we get sent to the hospital!
  • @EmilyE13 Sounds like we had similar experiences.

I've been monitoring my BP at home, making sure it doesn't go above 160/105. Well, last night it hit 166, then 167 a few minutes later. We called the on-call dr who said to check it a 3rd time and it was 175. So we packed a bag and headed to the hospital. Got checked into an L&D room with the belly monitors, BP cuff, IV- the works. Luckily, the initial reading at the hospital was a bit lower than it was at home, and it it continued to decrease and the eventually sent us home around 2am.

Very scary. But they said we did the right thing coming in. We then had a scheduled U/S today and were happy to see baby's looking good, active, has plenty of fluid, is head-down, and is practicing breathing. We got to have a chat with the MFM dr, who put us at ease a bit by saying now that we're 33 weeks baby should be just fine if she has to come a little early.

I'm still scared of delivery, but I definitely want this "limbo" period of seeing how much my body can handle to end.
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi Ladies! I am 31 weeks along with my little guy! Feeling pretty good this week. Still having some achiness in my hips and pelvis, but getting used to it. Did some extra stretching last night before bed the last few nights and that seems to help. @LeFemmeViolette I have had intestinal distress a few times recently too. I think for me it might have something to do with the foods I crave and how my eating has drastically shifted some days.  I have had no constipation whatsoever so far though. @PoeMasque I go through the same thing with my snoogle on a nightly basis too! I love it, but it is crazy how much that thing resists when I am trying to turn over in the middle of the night. I usually just change positions after each trip the bathroom during the night because there are always a few! :) 

QOTW: Well, he's definitely a night owl! It seems like most of his activity occurs late at night and sometimes even in the middle of the night. I imagine him as an inquisitive, adventurous baby who will keep me on my toes. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Joslynj11Joslynj11 member
    edited September 2017
    @Emilye13 Good luck girl!! I know you can't wait to meet your LO any day now :) Please keep us posted!
    IVF ER 5/5/2016
    Transfer canceled OHSS
    Beta #1 6/15/2016 BFN
    Beta #1 8/12/16 BFN

• @LeFemmeViolette glad your baby girl gets to stay put a bit longer. Sorry you had a scare with the BP.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @LeFemmeViolette I'm glad you were able to be released and that your subsequent U/S looked good! Yep, we were hooked up to all the same stuff, it sounds like. 

My BP at the 40 week appt wasn't crazy high (140/80 and 140/92) but since there had been a couple bouts of these elevated readings throughout my pregnancy, they wanted to monitor me since the longer you go, the more BP can jump. I also have a case of "white coat syndrome", where my BP can be high just at the doctor's office. Damn nerves. At triage, the readings dropped lower and lower to consistent normal range, and my labs all came back normal, so I was able to go back home. 

My OB has moved my next appt up to Monday, and they aren't going to let me go past 41 weeks, which I am fine with. I did have to advocate for myself at triage yesterday, though, because the resident who was seeing me said that he was planning to just induce me--AFTER telling me the baby looked great and all my readings were normal--just because it was my due date. I was like, are you kidding me? That's not what my OB and I discussed, at all. Provided it isn't medically necessary, I'm really hoping to avoid induction given the accompanying higher likelihood of c-section.
  • Had my first check on progress yesterday, I guess that's what I needed to get my butt in gear and realize how close this is! Ah!