December 2017 Moms
Options

Saturday Ticker Change - 9/23

Tennis11785Tennis11785 member
edited September 2017 in December 2017 Moms
1) How far along are you? How big is baby?

2) How are you feeling?

3) Do you know baby's sex? Have you started showing?

4) Any appointments this week/last?

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?

6) GTKY: Since insomnia seems to be coming back for many, I thought this might be a fun one.  What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why?  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
TTC Since 11/2015
#1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17

Re: Saturday Ticker Change - 9/23

• Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby28 Weeks... The size of an eggplant!

2) How are you feeling? Pretty good.  Certainly starting to feel cramped and heartburn went up a notch this week, but nothing I couldn't power through.  I also think insomnia is starting to creep back in.  

3) Do you know baby's sex? Have you started showing? Team pink and definitely!  More and more people are asking when I'm due when I'm out and about.  

4) Any appointments this week/last? Check up this week.  Then I start going every other week!!

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant - I toured what was our top daycare and it was only mehh.  The facility seemed nice (really clean, bright, lots of great toys, lots of attentive staff), but the woman who gave the tour wasn't great.  She couldn't answer a lot of my questions and just didn't leave a great impression.  

6) GTKY: Insomnia seems to be coming back for many, I thought this might be a fun one.  What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why?  The longest is probably about 30 hours.  In college, I did Dance Marathon.  My senior year I was on the board.  Between getting set up, dance marathon, and clean up, it was probably somewhere in the 30-36 hour range.  I don't really remember.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    Thanks for getting this started @Tennis11785

1) How far along are you? How big is 
    baby?
    im 26 weeks exactly 
    baby at my fetal echo on Tuesday was 1.5 lb

2) How are you feeling?
    I'm tired worked a
    26 hr shift yt and a 14 hr tomorrow 
    Upset at my husband bc he won't stick up for me when his drug addicted sister is asking to come by after baby is born to "cuddle my Niece "... bish i haven't heard from you in almost a year bye! And of course I say that politely and he's all why do you pick fights with my sister  o:) and I wanna pop him in the mouth ugh. I'm 29 and have been trying to get pregnant since I was 25 and failed 6 IUI and one ivf frozen transfer. I had a loss at 13 weeks sorry if I feel protective of this baby  :s meanwhile sister doesn't have full custody of either kid

lol I've been showing since I was like 12 weeks lol
    cell free says it's an xx

Fetal echo echo last week. Went well. They tired to get 3D but bb didn't wanna move 

See rant above 

6) GTKY: Since insomnia seems to be coming back for many, I thought this might be a fun one.  What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why?  
    I work a 24 hour shift every weekend or once every other weekend. I have gone 2 days without sleeping at all. It sucks 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby?
    29 weeks! Hawaiian pineapple 

2) How are you feeling?
    Omg guys. Just hit 3rd trimester and I think the morning sickness is FINALLY releasing me from its evil grip. We might even restart our Blue Apron deliveries! I can eat!

#teamgreen #teambigbump

We had our "third trimester class" last week
    at the hospital--mostly stuff we know, but it was good to hear some hospital policies and chat with a L&D nurse.

My newly huge belly has really messed with my body sense. I've knocked (lightly) into a few things. It's hard to suddenly not know my own dimensions!

6) GTKY: Since insomnia seems to be coming back for many, I thought this might be a fun one.  What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why?  
    maybe 36 hours? I was in grad school and my sleep schedule had slowly gotten super weird...like 4am to noon. A new semester was starting and I got back to a 11pm-7am sleep schedule by just staying up through one night. It was bizarrely easy.
  • Options
    @Amber_Waves I've totally bumped into some stuff. 
    baby?  27 wks Fennec fox

2) How are you feeling? Pretty good, sleeps isn't the best, but we're making it. 
    3) Do you know baby's sex? Have you started showing? Boy, yesss you can totally tell there's a baby in there. 
    4) Any appointments this week/last? No. 
    6) GTKY: Since insomnia seems to be coming back for many, I thought this might be a fun one.  What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why?  36ish hours, cocaine. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @tennis11785 sorry to hear you didn't love the daycare!
    @jackiesmom324 I'm sorry your husband isn't sticking up for you with his family.  That's the worst.
    @Amber_Waves glad you're feeling better! I'm definitely getting quite familiar with bumping into stuff also!

baby?
    28 weeks, eggplant

2) How are you feeling?
    Pretty decent, just the usual symptoms.  Baby definitely feels big and cramped, and I've had a lot of Braxton Hicks but nothing out of the ordinary.

Oh yeah, baby boy has been making his presence known from pretty early on.  Most people look horrified to hear that I have almost 3 months left.  I'm 5' tall, people...not sure where you want this baby to go!

Regular OB appointment on Tuesday.

Rave:  We started work on our house yesterday!  Didn't get as much done as I had hoped, but still accomplished a lot.  Rant:  I'm exhausted from yesterday at the house.  I barely did anything but my super pregnant body just can't handle it.  Bigger rant:  I'm taking my 3 hour glucose test right now and I am miserable.  It's been 20 minutes since I finished drinking that horrid combination of sugar and red food coloring and it feels like forever.  I feel AWFUL and am very worried I'm going to barf and have to do this again.   I'm also feeling bitter because I think the amount of glucose you have to drink should correlate to your size. 

Probably just 24 hours or so, and probably just from thinking hanging out with my friends instead of sleeping was cool.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @breezybee I love the kicking too (except in the bladder)! And hope the packing and moving goes smoothly!
    @Piccola1988 I hope you got through your glucose test okay and that you get good results!
    @Kirss I love our animal size this week. That fennec fox is so cute!
    @Amber_Waves I'm totally out of touch with the size of my stomach right now too... today I hit a little boy in the head with my bump! 
    @jackiesmom324 I hope you can work things out with your husband. You have every right to feel protective of your LO around your SIL. I wouldn't want my kids around someone like that either. 
    @Tennis11785 That sucks about the daycare. I hope you find someplace perfect!

27w+1d, fennec foxes!

2) How are you feeling?
    Not too bad, but the back pain is pretty consistent at this point and the reflux just keeps getting worse. I just feel like an old lady.

1 boy and 1 girl :smile: I'm definitely showing, but not as much as I thought I would at this point with twins (but I'm definitely not complaining!)

Yes, had a growth ultrasound last week and our boy is measuring in the 93rd percentile for weight! I'm freaking out a little over his size! The girl's in the 62nd percentile, so she's not small either. And I have a routine OB appointment this Thursday. I'll be meeting a doctor from the practice who I haven't seen before, since now they're rotating me through all the OBs.

Rave: Tonight my husband put his head on my stomach and both felt and HEARD one of the babies kick! I thought that was so cool and he got a kick out of it. I told him that's one thing of this pregnancy that he gets to experience that I won't. 

I'm feeling a little lame in comparison to some of these answers lol. I'm not sure of the exact occasion, but it was probably for about 36 hours either in college or grad school for a big test/paper or finals. 
  • Options
    @Tennis11785 Heartburn and insomnia suck ass! I hope you find a better daycare.

@jackiesmom324 Your work schedule makes me tired just thinking about it. I don't blame you for your feelings about your SIL.

@Amber_Waves That must be nice to finally be out of the morning sickness phase.

@Kirss @breezybee LOL, I love your honesty!

@Piccola1988 I hope your glucose test went well.

@leilagphillips That's cool your husband was able to experience that.

28 weeks with di/di twins the size of eggplants 

2) How are you feeling?
    We had a little scare today, but everything is OK. I lost my mucus plug while we were shopping and it freaked me out. I called the hospital and they told me to come in and get checked out because they'd rather be safe than sorry. I was a little dehydrated so they had me drink lots of fluids and they monitored the babies heartbeats and me for contractions. I had no contractions and their heartbeats were fine. They also did a vaginal exam and I was not dilated and my cervix was still pretty long. They sent me home a little while ago. I'm believing and praying that the babies will stay in for at least several weeks because we have nothing ready yet. I'm so glad they are staying put for now. Still trying not to worry. 

A boy and a girl. Yes, I feel huge. 

I have a growth scan on Wednesday. Hopefully, that will ease my mind a bit more. 

Has anyone lost their mucus plug, but held off labor for several weeks? 

I'm not quite as open as @breezybee and @Kirss, but let's just saying working nights, cramming for an exam and partying all night afterwards. I'm not even sure how many hours it was, but there were substances involved LOL. 
  • Options
    @jackiesmom324 - that's crazy about sis-in-law. I'd totally be like, ummm..no way, bye.

@clovelyone - yikes! FX for many more weeks inside! 

baby?
    30 weeks - zucchini
    2) How are you feeling?
    Other than heartburn and basic aches and pains pretty good! 
    Boy, and yes, for a long time. I must look much further along than I am because I get tons of concerned people asking when I'm due.
    Quick check up last week - got my RhoGAM and everything looked good.
    I went back to my alma mater this weekend to do alumni marching band (incidentally, one of the places where I got a lot of the concerned looks). Holy cow, it was hot! I lost track of how much water I drank. LO seemed to enjoy it, though. I got tons of kicks whenever the band played or the crowd made noise.
    I don't totally remember, but probably sometime in college during analytical chem when we had a lab report due, or right after college when I worked nights. In either case probably 24-36 hours. I do really badly without sleep and try to avoid scenarios where that might happen.
  • Options
    @clovelyone I've heard that the mucus plug can grow back, you're in my thoughts and I hope Wednesday gets here fast to put your mind at ease :) 
    @leilagphillips That fox is adorable, but those ears!! 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Thanks for the empathy y'all 
  • Options
    moonlady-2moonlady-2 member
    edited September 2017
    27 weeks and 2 days now - a camping lantern, apparently

2) How are you feeling?
    Mostly good, but I keep getting this weird lightheaded/dizzy/headachey feeling. Hard to describe, but it's annoying. Still sleeping fine!

Boy - and yes! Parents at school keep asking. Then today one of my kids gave me a hug, took a step back, looked me up and down, and said "your stomach is big!" Thanks kid, 3 more months. I can only imagine what a blimp I will be.

I have my 1 hour glucose test tomorrow..... nervous!

My husband doesn't want to buy anything and it's stressing me out/making me sad. He thinks we should wait until the baby showers but I keep finding good things on offer up. It must be my nesting kicking in.

6) GTKY: Insomnia seems to be coming back for many, I thought this might be a fun one.  What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why? 
    Gosh, I don't even know.

31 years young
    from Seattle(ish)
    5 years married
    FTM and PGAL
    EDD is 12/23/17
    -- It's a BOY! ---

• Options
    Hey everyone,  
    I was traveling for work most of the week- to Madison, WI for a training for work, so just catching up!

I hope all is going well for everyone.

baby?
    29 weeks, butternut squash.

2) How are you feeling?
    I'm feeling pretty good overall.  Definitely more tired and I get winded easier, just walking up stairs!  @moonlady-2- I feel you on the lightheaded/dizzy/headachey feeling.  That describes it pretty well for me.

Nope.  and oh yeah, for a while now.  I have had similar reactions as many of you mention when people ask the due date and are like, "wow, you are already so big!"... ugh it's so annoying.  And I don't think it's actually true.

Midwife appointment last week, and got results from the 1 hour glucose test and all looks good.

It's annoying me that everyone is feeling the need to comment all the time, and especially when I'm walking to the bus or downtown carrying even the smallest bag.  I bring my laptop in a bag on wheels- it maybe ways like 5-10 pounds with everything in it, and people all the time ask if I should be carrying something "that heavy."  I know that people are just trying to be helpful, and I try to take it in that spirit... but it is really annoying.

Probably around 36 hours, not for partying (I'm such a nerd), but for managing a local campaign race for city council, and the weeks and days before the election were just madness.  We won!
    ___
    Due date 12/9
    I can't figure out the pregnancy countdown tickers, but I do know how to make a signature!
    #40andpregnant

As of 12/15/2017, my new hashtag is #41 and pregnant!