March 2018 Moms

Anyone not announcing pregnancy?

besides me?  My husband lost his first child (previous marriage) at 7 months due to a tumor developed in Utero.  My last pregnancy at 21 weeks I had a partial placenta abruption before we announced anything.  Our doctors were pretty sure we would lose the pregnancy, but our son defied the odds and is now a crazy, wild two year old.  However, after that we didn't say anything until he was born.  Only people who saw me IRL knew. I don't plan to make any formal announcement with this pregnancy because of the risks involved.  Since I now SAH, I hardly see anyone no one will really know beyond close family.

The other week my neighbor did suggest I start running for a "stress reliever" though.  

Re: Anyone not announcing pregnancy?

• mmom3 said:
    besides me?  My husband lost his first child (previous marriage) at 7 months due to a tumor developed in Utero.  My last pregnancy at 21 weeks I had a partial placenta abruption before we announced anything.  Our doctors were pretty sure we would lose the pregnancy, but our son defied the odds and is now a crazy, wild two year old.  However, after that we didn't say anything until he was born.  Only people who saw me IRL knew. I don't plan to make any formal announcement with this pregnancy because of the risks involved.  Since I now SAH, I hardly see anyone no one will really know beyond close family.

The other week my neighbor did suggest I start running for a "stress reliever" though.  
    I'm so sorry for your husband's loss and for your scary experience.  I say do what makes you feel the most comfortable.  No one is entitled to know anything.  Having said that, if you have people in your life who could support you, don't count them out.  Isolating yourself may not make you feel any safer.
    ***March '18 October Siggy Challenge: Halloween Costume Fails***

• I haven't, and don't plan to make a formal announcement or post it on facebook, but it's not a secret and most of my family and close friends know. 

My sister had to have an emergency c-section at 26 weeks, and lost her twins. My whole family was devastated, and now, years later we still all cry when celebrating their birth or when talking about them. So when I finally conceived I was paralyzed by fear of losing my baby, but decided (for me) I needed to celebrate each day I was pregnant and my child lived. It's a very personal decision, and one size does not fit all. For me, I don't regret letting the world know that for a short time, Dax lived inside me. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @Cowboycorgi I'm so sorry for both your and your sister's loss.  I'm a worrier by nature and wouldn't have anybody other then my parents who would be empathetic towards a loss.  
  • My immediate family knows except my dad.  I figured I'll tell him in a cute way once i find out the sex. 
  • Not announcing. Ever since our 3 1/2 month old took a nap at daycare and never woke up in March, we lead a much more private life. No more social media... and our friends and family will eventually figure it out :)
    Mama to:
    Zane William 9/17/03
    Vance Xenophon 5/17/06
    Mars Florencio 11/15/16 - 3/6/17
    Nova Marsela 3/14/18
  • We are not announcing on FB.  We are both very private people.  For me, I was private before and after the losses and IF have become even more so.  As of right now, only two of his friends know who live in different parts of the country.  I have a small handful of girlfriends that know because I'll need the support if something happened.  Our families don't know yet either.  

I'll probably announce to coworkers in the next couple of weeks.  I was planning on waiting until the a/s, but I may be pushing the point of hiding it.  We will see.  Some coworkers are already very interested in the status of my uterus.  
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• @senora76 I'm so sorry for your loss. That's devastating .

We haven't announced on social media yet. I'll be 16 wks Tuesday with our third. Our families and friends know. We announced around 18 weeks with our 1st and 15 weeks with our 2nd. I'm just in no hurry. It's obvious by the pictures I post anyways .
  • @senora76 I am so very sorry for your loss.  
  • @mmom3, I wish people weren't so awful when it comes to those experiencing a loss. Just reading the 'S**t people say to pregnant women' thread has made me lose more faith. What is wrong with with these people?!?
  • I wish we hadn't announced.  We are both extremely private people.  Also, the unsolicited advice is getting out of hand.  For example: I put a Facebook status saying "Long long day, and extremely tired!  Just want to rest my feet."   
    I got everything from well meaning people giving me herbal foot bath recipes, to people chastising me for being on my feet all day, to just miserable people saying it sounds like I'm enjoying my pregnancy.  I even had the husband of a friend who are struggling to conceive say I shouldn't be complaining since many people would love to suffer through a pregnancy.

I wasn't even complaining about the pregnancy.  Just stating I was tired.  I've told my husband that if we have a second, it's just going to be a surprise on social media.
  • I never announced on social media with my first and not planning on it with my second either. You would never know I was pregnant by looking at my page. I didn't even post a picture of my son on Facebook until several weeks after he was born (and all you could see was me holding a swaddle). There are maybe 10-15 posts with him and he's 2 now. I'm more lax on Instagram, but only because I have significantly less "followers" and significantly less random acquaintances who would see pics.

I have just started telling friends and coworkers. No formal announcements planned. If you don't see me or we don't talk at least once a month it's probably not going to come up. 

DS:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnant with #2: 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Omigoodness, I am so sorry about all of the losses and scares some of you shared. So sad. I'm so sorry. :'(

DH doesn't have social media and I am not announcing on social media at all, but most of my friends and family already know. We told the closest friends and family the days following the BFP which was only like 6-7 weeks along. We figure they are our closest people and if we lose the baby they can deal with it and support us so not the biggest deal. Then SIL is so damn excited she tells like everyone in our city. Like literally people we don't even know, know we are having a baby. It was kind of upsetting because we actually weren't telling "everyone" that early and some of DH's close friends heard it from her before he had a chance to tell them himself. So when we find out the sex we are keeping it a secret between DH and I to make up for that. But yeah, I don't feel the need to announce on FB or instagram. I figure you already know, or you just aren't close enough to me that I care if you know. I "announced" to most of my friends and relatives in individual text conversations.