February 2018 Moms
Options

FFFC 9/22

2»

Re: FFFC 9/22

• Options
    Late confession but I just realized I didn't do a PGAL check in this week. It's hard because it's not that active but I feel bad that since I start the thread that I don't spend enough time keeping the conversation active.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    Not sure I felt FFFC or bitchfest buuutttt. 

We had an impromptu meeting at the homeschool co-op after lunch about how things are going and one mom was mad about how "academic" it was......
    Her daughters are both in the teen age class (12-18). "This is supposed to be fun!" Okay.... if they were in traditional school they would be doing classwork all day. We have to have an academic component for homeschool families that use EPIC for it to count as a homeschool day. This was discussed at both meetings prior to enrollment. 
    Then, she complained about my "class" (3&4year olds) being too academic. 1. Here's what we did today: for "history/geography" we talked about where Greece is on a map. We talked about how the Ancient Greek started the Olympics. We went outside and had our own "Little Learners" Olympics with shot put and races. We came inside and made our own laurel wreaths out of paper plates, construction paper leaves, and glue. 
    For art- they fingerpainted with colored yogurt. 
    They had a snack and listened to a story for "English". 
    For science, we talked about how light shines through water droplets in the sky and makes rainbows. So we made our own rainbows with wax paper, tissue paper, and glue. 
    For "Math", we counted how many people are in our class and then counted pieces of left over tissue paper up to five. Then we played silly games the rest of our time. 
    Toootttaalllly super duper academic. 
    2. If you don't have a kid in my "class" and aren't the director of the coop, then IDGAF what you have to say about my class and how it's run.
    As someone who was homeschooled till 9th grade and also a certified elementary school teacher I applaud those lessons. Don't listen to her. She can pull her kid out if she wants. So ridiculous. 
    Thank you so much! The kicker is her kids are in the high school group! She doesn't have any kids younger than 13! 
    You're welcome! It's people like that that give homeschoolers a bad name. I'd tell her leave and butt out. Lol. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Late confession but I just realized I didn't do a PGAL check in this week. It's hard because it's not that active but I feel bad that since I start the thread that I don't spend enough time keeping the conversation active.
    Girl. I feel bad about that PAIF thread. I don't do it every week because it's not that active....shall we combine threads?
  • Options
    Girl. I feel bad about that PAIF thread. I don't do it every week because it's not that active....shall we combine threads?
    I say yes! That totally works for me.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    @rainafire77 on Thursday I'll post a combined thread