TTC After a Loss

TGIF 9/22

Alright ladies, it's been a rough week for some of us. So tell me something good! What fun plans does everyone have for the upcoming weekend?  

Re: TGIF 9/22

• We are leaving for MI to celebrate my moms 70th birthday.  Going to apple orchard tomorrow 
  • We are hopefully going to tackle some smaller remodel projects that have already been started and sitting on hold. I hate half finished projects!

@Mack2342 an apple orchard sounds fun!. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @Mack2342 Happy birthday to your mom! Enjoy the orchard. I love apple picking, but I want to pick ALL the apples... until it's time to carry the and hike back up the mountain  :#

@ELeighMay Home projects can be grueling, but man is it satisfying when they're done!

No big plans here. DH wants to buy some topsoil to rake over the yard to try and get grass to grow. I HATE yard work, so I'll probably find excuses to do things inside the house... 
  • It's my birthday! But DH has to work overtime and won't be around much, so nothing planned. I think we're just going to go out for some sushi on Saturday night. I kind of want to browse around our local greenhouse/garden centre and look at all the pretty fall things. 
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @Mack2342 I love going to apple orchards! That’s one of my favorite fall activities! 

@ELeighMay half finished projects are the worst! My DH has a tendency to do 95% of a project so that functionally, it’s done, but then he always puts off doing the “finishing” that makes it look like it’s done. 

@leahcimmichael yeah, I’m not a fan of yard work either. I always let DH do that stuff...

We’re actually tackling a house project this weekend. We’re tearing out the stairs in the house and replacing them with new ones. We bought the house in May and the stairs were really scratched and worn out, so we’re excited to have ones that look brand new now! Hopefully it goes smoothly... :worried:
  • DD is in a cheer clinic and they are performing at the HS homecoming game tonight.

Tomorrow I think our front yard rock wall landscaping project is going to start.  I've started looking for small bushes and plants.  Anyone recommend plants for landscaping.  Then tomorrow late afternoon I have a wedding to play at.

Sunday we need to take the puppy in for her last round of shots
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Happy Birthday @tosh24 !!
  • @tosh24

@pumpkinpancake Oh my! That sounds like a big project. Hope it goes well!
  • @tosh24 I didn’t see your post since we posted at literally the same minute. Happy birthday!  

Also, I completely forgot that the washer/dryer and dishwasher that we had ordered like 3 weeks ago is finally being delivered tomorrow, so that’s exciting! I can’t wait to have the new ones in! 
  • @ELeighMay you would hate my house! It's just one big unfinished project. Bathroom reno started in 2008, garden shed started in 2014, kitchen reno started in 2015... the list goes on and on. But.... DH says he's going to finish the shed this weekend so fingers crossed 

I organize bike race all summer long, which is fun but gets a bit tiring near the end of each season. This Saturday is the last one, followed by a big party. I'm really looking forward to both the party and it being over for the season 
  • @Mack2342 happy bday to your mom!!! Also, love apple orchards!!!

@leahcimmichael  hate yard work too!! We still have to cover our pool!! I do want to get out a few more decorations outside. 

@tosh24  Happy Bday!!! Date nite? Sounds good to me!!!

@pumpkinpancake  yay for new washer and dryer!!!! Our washer broke last yr and it was terrible waiting!

• Supposed to have perfect weather this weekend so we will live outside- prob a farm, a corn maze, pick out pumpkins 
  • @sprkls8506 I love a corn maze! I make it a point to say "Amazing Maize Maze" as many times as possible whenever I do one. This has led to other people threatening to leave me in said maze, but is totally worth it!
  • I love corn mazes altho I do prefer cooler days for them. We went last weekend to one but it was just too hot!!! Have I mentioned how much I love iced cider?!?
  • I'm hoping this is our final heat wave of the year! Upper 80s thru Monday. Sad face....
  • @vlagrl29 today is chilly but it is also cloudy! Back to 80s tomorrow until at least Tues.
  • @Mack2342 I hope you enjoy my fine state of MI this weekend. It's going to be 85+ degrees this weekend so pack shorts! 

@ELeighMay I'm also working on some home improvement projects but mine are a little bit on the holy crap this is a huge project scale! Haha

@tosh24 Happy Birthday!!!

@pumpkinpancake we are going to be redoing stairs too. Probably not this weekend, but soon. 

@vlagrl29 good luck with your wedding performance!

@40momma good luck at your bike race! 

We are painting our entire upstairs. We have an open floor plan so most of our walls run together. So it's the entryway, living room, dining room, and hallway. I'm the most nervous/worried about the entryway because it's 15ft from floor to ceiling. We still don't know exactly how we're going to do it, but I'm sure we'll figure it out! 

Then maybe next weekend we will we will be ready to tear up our carpet and start our wood flooring. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you, ladies!!!  

Hope all of you doing home reno projects have fun this weekend! I love home projects....I think it's an addiction :p  

(I'm really sad my gif isn't working so I'm just going to leave it here and maybe it will show up when it feels like coming out to play....)
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @MooFish2364 I'm sure I will enjoy your state! It's my home state.  I've lived in OH for 3 years now but still don't feel like it's my home lol 

sounds like everyone is doing home projects!  Have fun and post pics of your handy work. 

@tosh24 happy birthday!
  • @tosh24 happy birthday !

I am jealous for all the apple picking and home improvement projects! I live in silicon valley, so not too much of fall fun and I could maybe afford buying a very very small house here in like 40 years :) 
    we have no particular plans other than being lazy this weekend, maybe i will find some decent apples on farmers market and make a pie. 
  • Super excited about how our stairs turned out this weekend, so I’m back to show off the before/after. Pics in spoiler box below! Top is the before (darker ones), bottom is the after!

• @pumpkinpancake stairs look really nice 
  • @pumpkinpancake the stairs look great!!! 
  • @pumpkinpancake the stairs look great!
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Very Nice! @pumpkinpancake - is that a kitty in the 2nd one?
  • Thanks everyone! (And sorry for the AW post, I’m just really excited!) 

Yes @vlagrl29 my cat decided to photo bomb the after shot :wink:
  • @pumpkinpancake Looks great! It really brightens up the whole stairwell! How long did it take you to do?
  • @pumpkinpancake The stairs look awesome! I am envious. I'm so sick of living in a construction zone.
  • @leahcimmichael I was honestly so surprised at how much brighter it made the room feel! As for the timeline, DH took out all of the old stairs on Friday after work, spent Saturday prepping the side boards (filling in scratches and painting it white), and then installed all of the new ones on Sunday. 

@ELeighMay this is the first project DH has done in a while that has been completed according to his planned timeline, so I hear ya!