March 2018 Moms
Options

STM+ Check-In 9/20

Remind us, how many kids and their ages:

How are you feeling? How are you keeping your kids busy while managing your symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: If you could have a kid-free night, what would you do?
Me: 30 H: 30
Dx: PCOS
Married: June 2013
TTC#1: January 2015
BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
TTC#2: June 2017
BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18

Re: STM+ Check-In 9/20

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @HappyMonkey817 Sorry you're still feeling terrible!  Just remember, this time will pass!  I'd love to find a place to do trivia every so often - maybe once the kids are older that'll be a monthly or biweekly thing. :)
  • Options
    @becausescience - Try broccoli or cauliflower nuggets. I don't have a recipe handy, but they're all over Pinterest.
  • Options
    @HappyMonkey817 I actually think I bought some of those to try a month ago... I forgot about them!  Totally will try them again.  Maybe homemade ones are better though?
  • Options
    @becausescience - the homemade ones are definitely better.
  • Options
    @kalawa OMG the loud chewing...and my dog licking her paws. GTFO of the room with that noise! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS 2.5
    How are you feeling? How are you keeping your kids busy while managing your symptoms?
    Better, just tired all day so our schedule has just slowed down and he's adapting, he's a trooper

Rants/Raves/Questions:

Dinner out, someone else puts him to bed we come home for some tv and time together then go to bed... pretty glamorous 
  • Options
    Daughter- 1 
    I thought I'd kicked the morning sickness but it's back again full force. My daughters birthday was last weekend so she had lots of new toys to keep her occupied, thankfully.

Rants/Raves/Questions:

go to an amusement park and ride allllll the rides... assuming I wasn't ALSO pregnant haha 
  • Options

Daughter-5 going on 15 (will be 6 12/28) Son - 2

Well since I'm at work and DH has them at home (he works night shift) so it's pretty easy during work hours, I'm still dealing with some fatigue but as long as I don't sit down as soon as I get home I'm ok, I have to stay busy otherwise I'm done for the night in which case dinner is fish sticks and French fries and mickey mouse is on the TV so I can snooze in my chair (DD is really good about letting me know if anything is going on, plus the mom instinct keeps me from sleeping) 

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    I think my DS is going to be really difficult to potty train.  DD was difficult ( we didn't get her potty trained until 3.5 which was right around the time DS was born and then she had a regression right after he was born) and I really don't want to have to go through the long, drown out process we had with DD with a newborn too.  Any tips on potty training boys/potty training a 2 year old? 

For this question I'm going to pretend I'm not pregnant too... DH and I would probably go to a Penguins game (LOVE hockey, it was what we did on our first anniversary) and then it would be wonderful to stay at a luxurious hotel and swim in the pool and soak in the hot tub and order room service.  Plus lots of drinking between the beers at the game and champagne for room service haha (can you tell I miss my daily glass of wine?)

• Options
    One son, 2. He’s so very two. 

It’s been better this week—I’ve thrown up less and started having small bursts of energy. We still watch a lot of TV but it’s cooling off here a little so we can spend more time outside. As I have bursts of energy I’ve been working on going through all of our things and “spring cleaning” in fall? Ha. Fortunately C likes to help with the laundry and he uses his vacuum while I use mine. He’s also pretty good at dusting. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    I am starting to get more of the aches and my body tells me when I’m overdoing it. So that’s a positive. 

Any tips on how to get a two year old boy to understand that he’s hurting me? He’s very sweet and loving but also very active and he goes from hugging and snuggling to wrestling and climbing me in an instant. Ugh. I’m starting to lose patience. 

A massage. 90-120 minutes of relaxation and bliss. Sushi for dinner at a place where I wear clothes that aren’t practical for chasing a toddler with messy hands. And maybe just hanging out and talking on a blanket under the stars with my best friend.

I could also go for a girl’s night out with my girlfriends who are scattered all over the country—massages, pedicures, fancy dinner with tea afterwards and then just hanging out and catching up. 
  • Options
    I haven't had time to be on here lately since I deleted the app from my phone (trying to spend less time on my phone). Hi everyone... hope you're all doing well!! 
    I have a DS and he's 14 months.
    I'm feeling pretty great!! Still super tired, but I stay home and am able to sneak a quick nap when my son naps if I'm really struggling. I try to go out somewhere at least once a day because it keeps DS entertained and staying busy helps me be less tired.
    Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Now that we know we're having a little boy again, I'm so excited about having brothers so close in age!  I really hope they are best little buddies and can't wait to see them interact. Also... anyone else feel like people just don't care about baby 2 as much as they did baby 1? It's been making me so sad lately!
    We have yet to do a kid-free overnight... and I don't see that happening anytime soon besides when I'm in the hospital with this baby lol! If I did have that luxury I'd want to go out to a nice dinner with my hubs and then relax on the couch and go to bed early. So exciting... haha! Maybe go to a concert?
  • Options
    Remind us, how many kids and their ages: DD1 6, DD2 19m 

How are you feeling? How are you keeping your kids busy while managing your symptoms? Still really tired, but definitely not as bad as it was ; TV 

Rants/Raves/Questions:  
    Just excited to be expecting our first BOY 

Sleep, I would sleep, sleep, sleep. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    8 and 3

P
    retty good. Light headed still. Trying to get rid of this nagging UTI. MFM said if I still have it after this round of antibiotics OR if I get another one I will have to do antibiotic therapy. That would certainly stink, but whatever is best. I’m also having pressure/fullness in my pelvic floor. They said my cervix looked ok at my u/s yesterday, but I’m still nervous. Not sure if it’s because of baby growing, because I’m a “TTM” (but 6th pregnancy), or if that’s also related to the UTI. My nausea is pretty good except for DH making a roast with onions tonight. Vomit worthy smell, folks. Exhaustion isn’t as bad, but still gets me sometimes. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Got to see baby yesterday! 

Honestly, just sit and hang out with DH. Watch some HGTV or a movie, maybe go on a walk.. and then sleep. Ha! But DD would call as soon as I doze off asking to pick her up. Happens every time..... but I secretly love it.  <3
  • Options

Remind us, how many kids and their ages: Daughter, 2.5

How are you feeling? How are you keeping your kids busy while managing your symptoms? I feel much better now that i'm in second trimester and the nausea has subsided, but I'm still SO TIRED because my toddler sleeps like sh*t. Plus work is nuts. I try to play with her in ways that allow me to sit on the couch. Also tv is our friend, sadly. Awesome mom status. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 

I know I need to do a million things to actually start preparing for this baby but I have no motivation. I'm going to end up screwing myself. 

GTKY: If you could have a kid-free night, what would you do? I'd go out for a delicious dinner with hubs and then sleep uninterrupted for a full night. Fantasies...

• Options
    Remind us, how many kids and their ages: DS 15 months

How are you feeling? How are you keeping your kids busy while managing your symptoms? Much better now that I am at 13 weeks. I still get out of breath constantly, light-headed sometimes, and I am really tired. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: I feel like I am at a stand-still until I find out gender and I hate it.

GTKY: If you could have a kid-free night, what would you do? Dinner and a movie in the theater with DH.
    Married 5/12/2007
    DS 6/3/2016
    MC 1/12/2017
    BFP 7/19/2017
    EDD 3/31/2018