June 2017 Moms
Options

Leap 3: Devil to Angel Overnight?

y DD (dear daughter) has been in Leap 3 for what I thought, 5 days thus far. I was prepared this morning to cry today after the day she had yesterday. Since she woke up at 6:30, she been a complete angel baby. Eat, play, nap, repeat. She's on her third nap of the day and is even napping in her crib. Today she started sucking her thumb, kicking the leg of her playmat so the toys overhead would shake, and followed the puppies playing on the floor with her head while sitting on my lap. Could that have been the end of Leap 3 so we can get back to happy days?

Re: Leap 3: Devil to Angel Overnight?

• Options
    tinsun428 said:
    y DD (dear daughter) has been in Leap 3 for what I thought, 5 days thus far. I was prepared this morning to cry today after the day she had yesterday. Since she woke up at 6:30, she been a complete angel baby. Eat, play, nap, repeat. She's on her third nap of the day and is even napping in her crib. Today she started sucking her thumb, kicking the leg of her playmat so the toys overhead would shake, and followed the puppies playing on the floor with her head while sitting on my lap. Could that have been the end of Leap 3 so we can get back to happy days?
    Umm, what? I don't understand what's wrong with any of these! My daughter sucks her fist. Yea, I want to discourage it and do by pulling it out of her mouth because I don't want her to do it long term, but at this point, it really doesn't matter that much. 

As for your last two, those are signs that your  daughter is growing!! She will start to follow things with her eyes more and more. That's good! She is going to want to shake things more and more. Obviously, she likes that they shake and either make noise or move. 
  • Options
    Exactly what I was stating. When she woke up, I thought she was going to be fussy again because she was suppose to have two days left of her Leap, but she wasn't. She was back to her normal happy self so that why I thought the Leap was over. I couldn't be happier not just because her fussy behavior ended, but because of what she started doing just overnight. I know they are signs of growing and was so proud of the her.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @tinsun428 sounds good! If she's herself again today I'd say you passed leap 3!
  • Options
    tinsun428 said:
    Exactly what I was stating. When she woke up, I thought she was going to be fussy again because she was suppose to have two days left of her Leap, but she wasn't. She was back to her normal happy self so that why I thought the Leap was over. I couldn't be happier not just because her fussy behavior ended, but because of what she started doing just overnight. I know they are signs of growing and was so proud of the her.
    Oh, that was confusing. I thought you were saying she was an angel yesterday, and all that behavior today was her being bad. 

That could be the end of it, but I know my daughter can go back and forth. I just take it as it comes. I'd never heard of leaps before this post. 
  • Options
    Me either until recently. I downloaded the 'The Wonder Weeks' app and is so interesting. So is the book! It discusses when the child will be entering their mental leaps and afterward it's amazing how you notice so many new improvements with them Overnight. My DD couldn't hold her head good and I was beginning to worry and then after her mental leap, she was looking all over, etc. Very interesting and I feel much more intunded to her needs because I know now what's going on in that brain of hers.