December 2017 Moms
Options

MoM's of Multiples Weekly Check In 9/19

How far along are you? How big are the babies?

Any appointments this week/last? 

GTKY: I know I asked this before earlier, but thought it would be fun to bring it up again. Do you have a name or names picked out?  If so, what are they?

What rants/raves/questions/advice?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: MoM's of Multiples Weekly Check In 9/19

• Options
    How far along are you? How big are the babies? 27w4d with just one! I think Lettuce this week?

Any appointments this week/last? Nope, none until Monday.  Looking forward to my last ultrasound/cervical check then! 

GTKY: I know I asked this before earlier, but thought it would be fun to bring it up again. Do you have a name or names picked out?  If so, what are they?  I asked this question, because we FINALLY talked about it the other day.  We have none that we really agree on.  I'd love some suggestions if anyone had any thoughts on names that go with Clay & Cohen. Doesn't have to be a C name, although if they were girls they would of been Claire and Caroline. Caroline is still on the table, although Claire is not due to popularity. If it were just me choosing names I don't think there would be an issue, but SO has vetoed pretty much everything I've suggested. These are vetoed names: Willa/Willow, Freya, Carolena, Ivy, Henry, Charlie, Bennett, etc..  We like older names that aren't too popular and then some aren't traditional but not crazy/made up.  The other problem is we have HUGE families, so a lot of names are taken already.  

What rants/raves/questions/advice? Heartburn has kicked in this week.  I had it really bad with the twins early on and thought I was in the clear, but nope!  I second the peeing that was noted on last week's thread. I pee about 4 times before going to bed and can usually make it until about 5 in the morning! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

@tmk0325 Going with the C theme, I think the names Cora and Calla (like the lily) are really pretty girl names.

26w3d, big as bowling pins or slow lorises lol

Just had an ultrasound at the MFM this morning. Thought it was my last one there, but the tech told me they prefer to have twin moms continue coming in every 4 weeks, so I'll discuss it with my OB. Found out my boy is in the 93RD PERCENTILE for weight at 2 lb 10 oz and our girl is doing just fine at the 62nd percentile with a weight of 2 lb 3 oz. The tech also told me I have a "super cervix" so it's nice and long. Overall a great visit and both my mom and sister got to be there, just still freaking out a little over these giant babies!

GTKY: I know I asked this before earlier, but thought it would be fun to bring it up again. Do you have a name or names picked out?  If so, what are they?
    Elliana Sophia Michelle and Evan Steven Michel. The second middle names are an ode to their conception in France :blush: and Steven is in memorial of my husband's uncle.

Rave: My sister's staying with us for the next couple of days so it's nice to hang out with her. I also just joined a synagogue in my area, so I'm excited to go to high holiday services there for the first time.

Rant: I have literally had this stupid freaking cough for two months now. It's much better than it was at first, but I just can't shake it completely and it's driving me crazy (and probably driving my coworkers crazy too)!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    29+3, size of a gallon jug of milk.. each!

Nutritionist today, which was awesome. I was cutting wayyyy too much and feel normal now that I'm eating more appropriately. I can even have Halo Top ice cream as part of my before bed snack! 

We're about 98% sure on Luke Roy for baby boy. Roy is my grandfather's name. 
    And about 85% sure on Ilena Dianne for baby girl. Dianne is my DH's grammie's name. I also like Iris and Ivy.
    My family's first name initials will be HIJKLM once these two are born. (Which is why we're sticking with an I first name for baby girl). Also, we're not telling anyone, so you bumpies are the only ones that know  :)

I think Baby A might have flipped breech in the last week or so. I'm feeling a lot more activity at the lower part of my belly, and definite kicks (maybe punches?) to my bladder and groin area. She's been head down the entire time though, so not sure what could've caused her to flip around! 

Rant: my FIL is being super vague about something he's bringing down next weekend that requires tools. We already have 2 cribs, a dresser, and really can't fit any more furniture in our room. I know it's just good intentions, but I'd prefer surprises that come from our registry of stuff we need, rather than what he thinks we might still need. He also asked me several times about a stroller he found at a garage sale, and I've politely declined (I want a side by side and we already have Joovy Twin Roo), but he's not getting the message. My DH just chalks it up to him getting older. I sent him our registry link this last time. 

Rave: 2ish more weeks of working in office, then I'm making the move to working from home full time! I have a meeting set up with the boss on Friday to discuss who's taking what when I leave. 

Question: my 38 weeks is the week of Thanksgiving (Sunday before). Do you think my OB would move up induction a few days so I can be a bit more settled for the holiday? 

It's all getting so close, 8ish more weeks!!
  • Options
    How far along are you? How big are the babies? 24 weeks tomorrow, cantaloupes! 

Any appointments this week/last? This past Friday, everything was great. Measuring 1lb3oz and 1lb5oz! 

GTKY: I know I asked this before earlier, but thought it would be fun to bring it up again. Do you have a name or names picked out?  If so, what are they? Kori Dee and Aubri Jenná. Middles names are our mom's. 

What rants/raves/questions/advice? Rant: the body part(s) in my ribcage. Ouch!  Raves: My DH cooking supper, doing a load of laundry and dishes tonight  <3 I'm impressed. Questions: I feel so overwhelmed lately. Not sure anything will get done. Doubt, worry etc... suggestions? How is everyone else feeling? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Won't have a size update till Oct. 2 with the next scan. We are just cruising this week at 27+3.

Any appointments this week/last? OB appt last week was fine, pretty uneventful, doing research now on pediatricians. I love my OB she's been such a steadying influence on this nervous first time mom.

GTKY: We have pretty much decided on Victoria Lynne for our little girl. If this girl gets here and doesn't look like a Victoria for us we have some other choices picked out. I've not announced to family just in case this happens. The boy name question is still up in the air but we have about four different names. I like Chase Alexander, hubby prefers Chase as a middle name option.

I'm feeling a pretty strong nesting urge right now that I just can't convey to the husband as far as prepping the house for baby. I feel pretty good where we are on the nursery, but the rest of the house. :s:| I admit to it making me cranky and a bit weepy since I feel so physically inept right now for everything. I didn't expect to feel so cranky about the loss of independence that comes with pregnancy. Gotta get over it though cause 1. it will be so worth it and a. Its only temporary! I say that a lot right now. This is only temporary. We will all be back to kicking butt and taking names like our normal selves, well our normal selves plus serious sleep deprivation. : )

Rant: I'm annoyed with family and friends right now for not buying me the stuff I need on the registry and instead for making me handmade things like blankets and pillows. I know they will be beautiful and unique to the babies but there is stuff I need people. Any suggestions on how to redirect?

@breezybee Penelope was a name I loved but husband vetoed anything that referenced pop culture (BBT) at this point. Serious props to you, if I tried a serious remodel right now I'd lose my mind entirely. I bow before you for dealing with that task at this time. At least it will be the way that you guys want it from the get go.

@KathrynJ088 I'm glad that you are feeling better about your GD and nutrition. You can't cut back too much, got the two to feed besides yourself. 

• Options
    How far along are you? How big are the babies? 26+3 (singleton)

Any appointments this week/last? nope, nothing for 2 more weeks

GTKY: I know I asked this before earlier, but thought it would be fun to bring it up again. Do you have a name or names picked out?  If so, what are they?  We are narrowing it down. for a boy its between Eli and Tobias and for a girl the list is long but when we talked about options the other day DH did not immediately veto my top choice which is Ruth (I think another front runner is Mae).  We use family names (last names) for middle names in my family so once we settle on the first name we will figure out which family name goes best.

What rants/raves/questions/advice? +1 to having heart burn... ugg I forgot how much I dislike heart burn. This kiddo is still living in/kicking my pelvis/cervix/bladder. Other than that things are good. we got our van this weekend and I love it. DH is totally in love (which is good since he's the one driving it). My only rant is the dealership said it had not been smoked in and DH/SIL didn't smell anything but all I smell when I get in it is cigarette smoke. So we are working to minimize that. (though it must not be too bad if I'm the only one to smell it.... thanks pregnancy nose)

@tmk0325 DH and I have the hardest time with girls names. Also in my family we have a lot of repeat names... I think we are up to 6-7 johns, 4 jeannes, 3 dorothy's so its no big deal if someone has already used that name.
    @leilagphillips so glad the babies are growing well. I hope you have fun with your sister!
    @breezybee I think those names are sweet.
    @KathrynJ088 my baby B switched positions all the time. even up until delivery... even with 2 in there sometimes they love to dance around. Sorry about unwanted stuff from FIL. I know when we had the twins we were in a small apartment and had very specific space restrictions. My mom who wanted to buy the dresser for the twins kept wanting to get things that would not fit. She just didn't get it. Finally I went and bought what I wanted and she paid us back.
    @britmanering73 take a deep breath. I know twins or any baby can be overwhelming but you really only need the basics. some cloths, diapers and a place to put them to sleep (and this can be the same place). Hell boxes are all the rage to put babies to sleep in! So you have several weeks to get car seats installed. and as long as you have a few things the rest will work itself out. 
    @stella_700 I think its hard for husbands to understand this crazy drive that takes over your body and you NEED to have things done. Plus with twins its so much harder or physically impossible for you to do those things. I'm not sure how to redirect people other than to mention that there are a few x,y,z things that you really need for these babies and hopefully someone will step forward.
    @clovelyone glad the babies are doing well. I'm with you on the heartburn
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    26 +4. Kale. They're still measuring big, 2.4 lbs for Baby A, 2.6 for Baby B.

Growth scan this week.  Baby B flipped from head down, to breech, to transverse over the course of the ultrasound. Baby A flipped to breech last week and is still there. Tech mentioned "chubby tummies". Interestingly, the percentiles looked to corresponud well with baby length and weight, but it's time for my GD check anyway (woohoo). My son was also considered to be in the chub club, but no GD. I just make sturdy babies, I guess. 

Baby A is Genevieve Celine, Baby B is Gianna Lucine. My parents and you guys are the only ones who know yet! 

Rants-solidarity on the heartburn. Gah! Also, exhaustion set in big time this week. Feeling like a crappy wife/mom. My husband has moved to the couch, because my restlessness and newly obnoxious bear-like snoring were keeping him awake. 

Raves: Nursery is so close to being done! And my MIL volunteered that as their baby gift, they'd like to pay for a housecleaning service for us for a few months. That's amazing.

@wabash15 - I'd be so mad about the smoke smell! Can you see if the dealer can do anything? I'm glad you like the new van otherwise. We have a Chrysler Town and Country, and I adore it. 

@clovelyone- 10 weeks! You're getting close! Hang in there.

@stella_700- love your names, but I'm biased. (We have an Alexander!)

@britmanering73 - Wow, your hubby is killing it this week! Good for him. (And you!)

@KathrynJ088- Thank goodness for Halo Top ice cream! Not sure how they manage it, but it's good stuff.  I'm not sure what I'd do about the FIL situation, but keeping my fingers crossed that he's actually come up with something helpful...that you need AND have room for.

@breezybee - You are my hero. Packing! Moving! Remodeling! I'm glad your hubby is being so awesome. But I also think you deserve a prenatal massage or 3. 

@leilagphillips- I'm going to chime in on that cough. It sounds miserable. Hoping you feel better ASAP or the doc sorts you out. 

@tmk0325 - Ooh, I like Calla as a name option (via Leila)! Clay and Cohen are both good strong names. We lucked out with our two girls, my hubby and I could NOT agree on boys names to save our lives. 
  • Options
    @jennasaisquoi The dealer we bought the car from is 5 hours away... otherwise I would surely go back. My husband is not a haggler and was getting hosed by the dealer until the "angry pregnant wife" (who stayed home with the twins) got on the phone...then we got a better deal ;)  That is amazing news about the nursery and the cleaning service. I have actually asked for my birthday/christmas that folks contribute to a fund for us to get a cleaning service... I barely keep up with things as they are and with a newborn its all going to go to hell in a handbasket. I think the last month of my pregnancy I had to move to the guest bed, I was having such a hard time getting comfortable in ours and with getting up to pee every 5 minutes and insomnia I didn't want to keep DH up.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17