March 2018 Moms
Options

Tuesday Ticker Change

1. How many weeks are you? How big is baby? 

2. How are you feeling? 

3. Any appointments next week? 

4. Rants, raves, questions? 

5. GTKY - What's a talent you wish you had?
Me: 30 DH: 31
Married: May 2008
DD Born: March 2018
DS Born: April 2019
Due with #3 December 2020!

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change

• Options
    14 weeks! Baby peach!

2. How are you feeling? 
    Definitely feeling more energetic, less nauseous, and I'm STARVING! 

My next doctor related activity is an ultrasound on October 12th! Nothing until then unfortunately. We got to hear baby on the Doppler for the first time last week, and the nurse wasn't going to allow my SO in the room because he was minding our 2yo DD. She apparently couldn't deal with a toddler in the room. I had to put up a stink because we were hearing that heartbeat together. 

Rant-Laundry never ends. 
    Rave-So happy pumpkin spice has arrived.
    Question-Nada.

I'd love to be able to throw together meals effortlessly. I can't cook. At all. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    13 weeks, lemon :)
    2. How are you feeling? 
    Still nauseous all day and super tired!
    Nope not anymore for 3 more weeks.
    Just ready to not be nauseous all the time :/
    Wish I could sing and it sounded good! I have a terrible voice...makes even singing Happy Birthday awkward. lol 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    pregobethpregobeth member
    edited September 2017
    13 weeks. Lemon sized 
    @soashwifey we've got the same due date!

2. How are you feeling?
    Still tired. Dealing with sciatic pain in my left hip area. The doctor just said "sorry that sucks" :/
    I was usually having nausea in the evenings, but now it's migrated to the mornings... 

I had my first prenatal appt yesterday! Everying looked good and I got to see my baby on the ultrasound! Next appointment is not for another 4 weeks.

@jeanbean15. Pumpkin spice!!! That makes me very happy too! So happy that autumn is here again!

I've always wished I could play a musical instrument. 

*edited because spelling is hard on a tiny phone screen*
  • Options
    15 weeks - an orange!

2. How are you feeling? 
    Aside from this head cold, much better! The intense growing pains I was having have calmed down, and now its a bunch of odd little twinges, some of which I'm becoming suspicious may be movement, but I'm not sure yet.

Got my appointment this Thursday for week 15, but then I don't think I'll have another for a month?

I never thought I'd miss decongestants, but wow. Breathing was such a nice thing to be able to do.

Any musical talent at all, hah.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? How big is baby? 15 weeks!  Five more weeks and I am halfway.  That's crazy.

2. How are you feeling? soooo much better!  I still have some morning sickness, but not nearly as bad as before.  I am feeling better down below after the cerclage too.  I started back at the gym, so I am hopeful that I can stay somewhat in shape now.

3. Any appointments next week?  I had a normal check up.  Heard the hb.  I got blood taken to check AFP for risk of Spin Bifida.  Prayimg all is ok.  Cervix checks in two weeks and every two weeks after that.  

4. Rants, raves, questions?  I am feeling better, so yay!  Now, I hope to stay active to keep from gaining so much.  I have gained between 10 to 12 pounds already.  Pretty typical for me, but I was hoping to avoid a hefty gain.  If I can at least keep up some of my muscle tone under the fluffiness, I will be happy.  It will make getting back in shape easier.

5. GTKY - What's a talent you wish you had?  I really wish I was artistic.  I am so black and white and have very little natural artistic talent.
  • Options
    orbmakerorbmaker member
    edited September 2017
    @pregobeth lurking, but I was having similar pain (burning, worse with certain movements, sometimes just not going away) in my left hip/butt area a few weeks ago, which my midwife said was sacro-iliac joint pain due to relaxin, etc. She implied it would bug me through my whole pregnancy, tho it did go away for now. She told me to have my husband do a really deep massage in the painful area (which helped) and/or sit on a lacrosse ball where the pain is and roll around (never tried it). 
  • Options
    @orbmaker Thanks for the info! I didn't ask my doctor if there was anything I could do. She did mention I could go for physical therapy, but I was wondering if there was something I could do at home. 
  • Options
    My doctor just changed my EDD to March 21, so I'll have to switch over to the Wednesday ticker change... But now I'm in week 14! Peach sized! I won't post in the Wed spot until next week though since I already posted once this week. I'll miss my Tuesday people! (I'll still lurk though)
  • Options
    15 - an orange? 
    2. How are you feeling? 
    the nausea is back, which isn't great, and I'm getting headaches again. And add Braxton hicks (already?!?!?!) on top of that. 

I have my second round of blood work to do, but that's on a walk-in basis. I can go in next week though, so I think I might just try to get it done. 

My husband is gone for two weeks, which sucks. He can't use his phone either so no communication with him. My parents just left after spending a week with me and my daughter. We went camping and got some DIY projects around my house done. 

I would be sooooo happy if I could sing. Soooooo happy.
  • Options
    @becausescience I didn't end up using the snoogle last night because our ac went out (and we're having record heat right now). So I barely slept at all including no blankets and I didn't want to deal with that big pillow lol. I can't wait to use it though! 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: May 2008
    DD Born: March 2018
    DS Born: April 2019
    Due with #3 December 2020!
  • Options
    15 - orange

2. How are you feeling? 
    Actually pretty good. My constant nausea seems to have abated, thank God!

Nope

Rant: My biggest struggle right now is getting enough vegetables. I've always loved raw veggies and hated cooked veggies, and suddenly, with this pregnancy, that's completely switched. But (and I know this is pathetic) I don't know how to cook veggies!  :D

Rave: Loving my Snoogle. Got it about halfway through my 1st pregnancy, but pulled it out for this one as soon as I found out I was pregnant!

I'd love to be able to play the accordion.  :p

Also, @LiveNLove44 I think it depends on whether the fruit is organic or not. ;)
  • Options
    @LeahS927 just cut up your veggies and put them in a pan with some butter, salt, peppers and garlic and sauté until tender! Usually about 3 minutes! Or throw them in a pot of water and let them steam until tender! Delicious and easy!
  • Options
    @LeahS927 My husband and I love grilled veggies. He adores grilling outside, so it's a common occurrence at our house :D  My favorite is grilled asparagus, but you can do the same with zucchini spears, peppers, or carrot spears. Just toss with some olive oil, salt, and pepper and place on the grill for a few minutes. If grilling isn't convenient, I have one of those wire racks that go in a rectangular pan in the oven, and broil them for a few minutes. 
    Stir fry is another tasty option for any veggie! 
  • Options
    @pregobeth and @ShawnnaO
    Thank you so much!!