February 2018 Moms
Options

Monday Ticker Change | 9.18

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?

2) How are you feeling? 

3) Any appointments this week/last?    

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? 

5) GTKY: What's the worst or best advice you've gotten this pregnancy?

Re: Monday Ticker Change | 9.18

• Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 18 weeks. The size of a bell pepper.  

2) How are you feeling? I am tired and a bit grumpy that I still don't have any of the pleasant symptoms like 2nd trimester energy or feeling baby kicks (anterior placenta.) I am actually hungry and eating, though.

3) Any appointments this week/last? I have one tomorrow  (today since this post is late.) Just a standard one.

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? I am getting really impatient with the office scheduler. I'm supposed to see MFM between 18-20 weeks, but I still haven't received any word that the referral was even sent. :/ 

5) GTKY: What's the worst or best advice you've gotten this pregnancy? Worst advice was from our private ultrasound session. I drank their recommended amount of fluids before the appointment and ended up with my bladder way too full and a uterine cramp that kept obscuring the view of the baby (even after peeing.) We found out he's a boy, but got like zero cute full baby photos.

• Options
    Hit that halfway point! Baby is the size of a banana

2) How are you feeling? 

A little more tired but I also started working.

No appointments until next week for me

Has anyone asked to be checked for gestational diabetes early if you had it last pregnancy? I feel almost paranoid just because I know it can cause complications, I'm not having any symptoms or anything but I did last time either.

I haven't gotten any advice this pregnancy but not many people know either.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @gymmonkey95 I got sent for an early one last pregnancy on the basis that my sister has diabetes (new OB's choice, not mine.) I'm sure if they have a reason they can code for, they could order it through insurance... and previous history definitely sounds like one.
  • Options
    gymmonkey95gymmonkey95 member
    edited September 2017
    @3plus1equals4 I already got tested around the 12 week mark because there is also a family history of diabetes. I know they test again around 28w but that just seems so long. I'm going to bring it up at my appointment next week since I'm also with a new provider.

I just saw your post. I would call MFM! Sometimes it's a matter of you getting told they will call you and you're actually supposed to call them
  • Options
    18 weeks. Size of an artichoke. 

2) How are you feeling? 

Really tired. And started getting ligament pain about a week ago. But a have started feeling fluttering kicks.

No. I'm in between. Next will be the 20 week scan which I pushed to the week after when I happen to have off.

I really can't figure out when I should tell my supervisor at work that I'm pregnant. I hate bringing it up randomly like soooo..... I'm pregnant.

Haven't gotten much.

@3plus1equals4 I had gestational diabetes with my first but not my second. I can't remember last time if I tested any earlier but I asked my midwife a few weeks ago if I would have to test early for this pregnancy and she said only if they noticed an indicator in my regular tests (urine samples, maybe blood work). 

• Options
    Sorry. I mean @gymmonkey95
    I'm new at tagging
  • Options
    17 weeks, pomegranate

2) How are you feeling? 

Pelvic pain :'( but pretty good other than that. Not sleeping too well, but at least DD is. 

16 weeks appointment last week, anatomy scan in 2 weeks!

We're closing on a house right now and I think I'm going to lose it!

Not yet, thankfully. I'm super hesitant to actually announce the gender when we find out because I don't want to hear "oh two girls, next you can try for a boy!" Or "Oh one of each, now you can be done!"

• Options
    @spb27 that's good to know! Everyone I know didn't have it. In regards to you boss would they need to find a replacement while you're on maternity leave if you get any? If so I would approach it as you'd like to help them find a person etc. Hopefully you can figure it out!

@marissajc Congratulations on the house!
  • Options

20 weeks!!! Banana!!!! 

2) How are you feeling? I've got a cold and it's been the biggest pain in the ass ever. Hate not being able to take anything for my nose  

3) Any appointments this week/last?  Met with a new doctor yesterday for 20w appt. and then had a follow up sonogram to our anatomy scan as squish didn't cooperate last week and we couldn't get all the measurements   

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? My family doctor referred me to this new clinic as she is not an OB. I was under the impression that this would be my doctor until The end  but apparently I was mislead. They will see me for 2 more months and then refer to me to a doctor at the hospital. Having 3 different doctors over the course of my pregnancy is freaking me out a bit  

I get a lot of conflicting advice between my side and in laws. Example. My mum is all about the bassinet. Husbands mom is like. No bassinet, straight to the crib off the bat. 
    Its starting to really annoy me because they are both so adamant about the way to do things, so to have two people pushing the opposite sides of the spectrum on everything is a little overwhelming 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    1. 19 weeks, size of a mango.

2. I've been getting hip pains and leg cramps (which are terrible). I also can't sleep at night anymore. But i've been feeling the baby move some this week which is exciting.

3. Not until next week.

4. Why is it that the painful symptoms and the excessive peeing have to get worse from here?

5. I've had some dizzy spells at work and one of my coworkers is insisting that I must be hypoglycemic like she was when so was pregnant. She keeps trying to tell me that i need to make sure what i'm eating is balanced and it won't happen. 
  • Options
    1. 20 weeks, happy halfway banana!

2. Back pain after long days, but epsom salt baths and yoga help.  I'm feeling kicks! not consistently but often enough that DH got to feel a few- his face was priceless!

3. A/S last week, all good and we learned it's a boy! Have my class this week, so i'll get to hear the heartbeat again tomorrow.

4. Honestly no. The kicks keep me pretty happy right now! 

5. Best advice was to not freak out and buy everything bc you don't know what baby will like.  Worst advice wasn't really advice, but all my coworkers are guys and are now trying to get me to name the baby after them since I told them it's a boy lol. It's been entertaining and harmless. 
  • Options
    @marissajc i'm so sorry people are trying to plan your family for you! that's incredibly rude! people kept asking me which gender i was hoping for (it's my first) and i'm like, i don't care i just want it to be healthy! 
  • Options
    @spb27 I think @gymmonkey95 has a good idea with approaching your boss about making sure there is coverage at work while you're gone.

@pandappanderson i'm glad you finally got all your necessary measurements for squish! My coffee trick didn't even work at my a/s bc LO had his head on my cervix and refused to move lol. i'd just had lunch so i think he was napping! also, bummer on having so many doctors and opinionated moms. in the end it's your baby and your family so do whatever feels right for you! 
  • Options
    @gymmonkey95 The doctor I saw yesterday was not happy that the office hadn't sent the referral. They got the office girls on the phone right away to start the process. Supposed to get a call by Friday and the MFM is now doing the full anatomy scan rather than a partial. 
  • Options
    corcola said:
    @marissajc i'm so sorry people are trying to plan your family for you! that's incredibly rude! people kept asking me which gender i was hoping for (it's my first) and i'm like, i don't care i just want it to be healthy! 
    Yes! I wish people would stop asking me what i'm hoping for. It is seriously annoying. Like i just want a healthy (and preferably happy) baby. I don't care what its genitals look like.
  • Options
    Sorry I'm so late ladies, have been so busy with work! 
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby?   17 weeks - pomegranate 

2) How are you feeling? Tried. So tried. 

3) Any appointments this week/last?    Had one late last week, was so happy to hear the heart beat...also sounds like even though we are moving I can stay with the midwives I have now if i deliver at their hospital and 100% agree to stay the 24 hours after (which I did with my son and would plan to do anyways) so that makes me happy!! I really didn't want to switch practices. We will see what happens.

I honestly think people know to keep their mouth shut around me lol. I don't get much unsolicited advice.