Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Newbie Intro -- Week of 9/18

Please read The Ultimate TTGP Guide pinned at the top of the board. It's full of information about TTGP and about our community here on TB.

Please introduce yourself and share as much or as little as you are comfortable with. Once you're ready, feel free to jump into any of our daily/weekly threads to start participating in the community.

Ages (you and SO): 

How many months have you been TTC? 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.)

*TW*
Me: 31 | DH: 33
DD1: 8/2014  <3
TTC #2: 6/2017
BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
DD2: 10/2018  <3

Re: Newbie Intro -- Week of 9/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    sarah_walkersarah_walker member
    edited September 2017
    @josie12367

I figured my screen name would be okay. There are hundreds of Sarah Walkers and I even have a friend with the same name as well

Edit: I don't know why this is happening, but when I post, only the first part of my post actually comes up. :( I wonder if this is an app issue. 

Its a little difficult because DSS doesn't live with us. We only see him for a couple hours after school on wednesdays (but usually not since we are working) and every other weekend so getting a BFP wouldn't impact him much. 

As for crafting, I have my beloved Silhouette cutter for stickers, vinyls, and paper crafts, and I love to crochet!
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    @sarah_walker Welcome! Only you and YH can determine for sure, and I mean no offense, but a BFP will and does impact your SS very much.  You might not see him super often, but he is a HUGE part of your family and a new baby will be a big impact on him.  During the school year we have my DSD (dear step daughter) every other weekend (every other week during the summer) and DH & I take her opinion/feelings into account on most everything.  I don't think you mean it like this but what you posted reads that you don't seem worried about getting a BFP because he's not there  all the time. Sorry girl, but it WILL impact him.  ETAx2: Also, seeing as your SS has already expressed concern regarding YH & you having a child this is definitely something you shouldn't just brush off.  Sorry if I come off ranty, I may be a little touchy on this subject. :)

@josie12367

*snipped* 

Its a little difficult because DSS doesn't live with us. We only see him for a couple hours after school on wednesdays (but usually not since we are working) and every other weekend so getting a BFP wouldn't impact him much

ETA: wording also QFP and to add, if you're on mobile and using non-the bump emoji's it will cut your post off.  Also, I love to crochet!  What kind of projects do you prefer to do crochet wise?

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts

My DSS did tell me he doesn't like babies because they spit up and poop. I think his perception of family is different because he's an only child and he sees MH's sisters family and how the kids are forced to baby sit and change diapers and basically be a nanny to their most recent baby, but he seemed to feel better when I told him I would never ask him to change a dirty diaper. He made me promise and said he will hold me to it! Haha. 

My favorite things to crochet are amigurumis! But I also like to make slippers and headbands too. 

Ah, that is very good to know about the emojis! I think I did throw some in there. 
  • Options
    @sarah_walker I'm glad that seems to be his biggest concern regarding it :)  Makes sense, no one wants to be treated as a free babysitter.  HA, that's too cute that he's holding you to not having to change diapers.  Fun! Amigurumis are so cute, but I've never attempted making them myself.  

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    mygoodlucycatmygoodlucycat member
    edited September 2017

Ages (you and SO): my DH and I are both 34.

How many months have you been TTC? About three months ago we stopped using birth control (condoms) and I started ovulation testing this month.

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? Ovulation testing with the strips and timing.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) I am a psychologist and I work full time. My partner is a pastor. *Tw* we have a 19 month old daughter who is lovely *tw end*. I like making beer, crafting, working on our old ass house, and tv.

I'm excited to be in a supportive community and have enjoyed lurking for a bit. 

• Options
    @jenben8888 Welcome! If you need help with your charts you can ask for some advice on the Chart Stalk thread. Usually you won't really get a good picture of what's going on until you can see them all laid out over a period of time. Looking at them day to day can be so confusing! Good luck to you and hope your stay here is short. :)
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    diadem_ldiadem_l member
    edited September 2017
    Hi! I've been lurking for a bit but thought I'd introduce myself.

Ages (you and SO): 
    Both of us are 29

How many months have you been TTC? 1.5.. kind of. We had a pregnancy 'scare' at the end of August (it was just a super late period, but since I track and have regular cycles, it was a huge surprise and I really thought I was pregnant) and after that decided to start trying. I know I probably shouldn't be here at my first cycle, but what can I say, I'm excited and this is sort of all I can think about.

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? Charting on FF but not temping, prenatals, trying not to turn TTC into a 'task'..

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) I'm a nonprofit program manager and work with schools. My husband and I have a super sweet dog, he's a boxer mix. We are currently house hunting, which is taking up most of our free time! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Hello! 

Ages (you and SO): I am 28, my husband is 29.

How many months have you been TTC? About 19 months. It's been a long journey. 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? not preventing, lost some weight, supplements

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) No kids, but 2 cats. I'm an LNA in home care for the last year and some change. I love it, though it gets stressful as my current schedule (since March) is 7 days a week, 52 hours total. I'm also a writer (total amateur but been doing it since I knew how) and I love music and reading and nature.