Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Chart Stalk and Questions Week of 9/18

This is a thread where anyone can feel free to request a chart stalk, second-guess FF's interpretation, or post TTC-related questions, regardless of where in your cycle you are. Sometimes FF is wrong. That's where we come in. Get your second opinion here! 

Re: Chart Stalk and Questions Week of 9/18

• Options
    Katm89Katm89 member
    edited September 2017

***** Twigger Warning***** Loss mentioned
    Hi ladies,
    I had a chemical pregnancy last cycle and decided to go with the SMEP method to try and cut down stress, worst idea. I am now trying to figure out whats going on with my cycle... basically just having sex and waiting at this point. I used the CB digi ovulation tests which confused me because I had a positive on clinical guard but not on the digi... and then I might have ovulated, but I'm not temping. I then got very sick and thought it was pregnancy and took some FRER and thought I saw a line, later to find out that two things may have occurred. They may have been a bad batch... or it may have picked up on my antibodies for the sickness which I guess is a thing( according to some article). So I could be like 8 dpo or I could be ovulating because I had another positive opk and my temp today was rather low... so here is my chart. Thoughts and interpretations are much appreciated. Have any of you used vitex? I called my midwife today to see if I can start taking it next cycle.

• Options
    @Katm89 I've never heard of the SMEP method but just looked it up. It sounds...interesting. I mean, I guess it makes sense, but there's really no way to confirm that ovulation has happened without charting your temperatures. Even if you get a positive OPK, that only means that your body is gearing up to O, not that it has or will. In your case, it looks like your body geared up to O, then backed off and is now getting ready to O again. That's all I can really get out of it without seeing temperatures. I'm not sure if you can say whether or not your temp today is low since you only have 2 temps on your chart, but it will be interesting to see if your temperature spikes tomorrow. It will still be difficult to discern with so little temps before hand and I doubt FF will be able to give you crosshairs since I believe it needs 6 days of temps beforehand to confirm the temp spike.
    I have not used the CB digi OPKs but maybe someone else can chime in about how they work. I also have no idea about antibodies being picked up on an HPT? That seems weird to me and I don't know how that would work, since HPTs only detect HCG...which should only be in your bloodstream if you're pregnant...but I am not a doctor. *shrug*
    *TW-testing/loss* Sounds like you got a bad batch of HPTs because if you had had a chemical pregnancy again, you should've started your period by now since the tests are now negative. If the line was not pink, then perhaps it was an indent/evap line. Also, I suggest adding a TW to your above post since it mentions a CP and we have lots of ladies who've experienced losses here and don't want to catch them off guard. Thanks! *end TW*
    I feel like I probably didn't help at all, but hopefully it did at least a little. :)
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @offtoneverland I know my temp was low compared to the my previous seven temp cycles. My coverline is always 97.4 and above. and Thanks, I didn't think to add a twigger warning. I'll edit to add that.

• Options
    I would also agree with @offtoneverland - I think your body geared up to O but might not have. Keep taking your temp to follow the trend. Sounds like you and DH are going to keep HIO. :)
  • Options
    @Katm89 OPKs can sometimes turn positive in the case of pregnancy because HCG and LH apparently can be sort of similar for the tests? So it's possible that for whatever reason your LH strip was more sensitive than your HPTs were that last day. So, yes, unfortunately it may be possible you experienced (TW) a CP, or as @offtoneverland said, it could have been the HPTs were fluke evap/indent tests. I think at this point you'll just have to wait to see if AF shows up, but keep HIO in the meantime in case. 
  • Options
    Hoping some of you lovely experienced, smart TTGP ladies can offer some insight on my chart... 

Notes:
    • I had a tiny bit of EWCM in the morning yesterday but by the afternoon it was back to creamy
    • My temp yesterday might need to be discarded because I was up at 2,4 and 6:30 and my thermometer didn't save my temp from 6:30 so I had to retake it at 7:30 after I was up and about
    • I was bloated on my O day (CD 14) last cycle too
    • I think I may have O'd yesterday and just missed my surge on the OPK's
    • FF is also saying that my temps fluctuate too much and aside from the days I have notes the temps have all be taken at about 6:30 while still in bed

I'm thinking I will keep taking OPK's until I get some sort of change because all my -'s have been about the same and of course when in doubt HIO. 

*TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    I’ve mostly been posting in the ttcal threads, so I hope it’s ok that I post here too even though I’m still pretty new here!  I posted this in the TTCAL WTO thread, but hoping I could get some feedback here. Sorry this is long! 

I’m so confused about what my body’s doing now. I was so convinced that I o’d on Tuesday, and was just waiting for FF to confirm after three more temps. CM and CP suggested that I o’d then, and Wednesday and Thursday, temps were slightly higher, but today my temp was lower again so no CH.  Not doing OPKs, so no info there to help. 

I’m not sure how much night waking or ambient room temperature affects my temp, but the last two nights I’ve been waking up a bunch and our room has been much colder (it’s been in the 40s at night and we keep the windows directly above our bed open all night), so not sure if this is screwing with things?  I temped at my normal time this morning, but I had woken up a few times within the 2 hours before that, so it wasn’t solid sleep. 

Playing aeound with FF, if I have a higher temp again tomorrow and discard today’s temp, it gives me CH for Tuesday like I thought, but I’m not sure if that would be accurate? 

TW (loss mentioned) - this is my first full cycle after my loss, so I have no clue what would be “normal” for me. Any thoughts are appreciated! 
  • Options
    Hi ladies! 

Im new around here - I've been trying to post in the daily threads this week and I've also posted in the TTCAL and TFAS threads. So I hope it's ok to post here  :) 

I posted in the TWW thread that I think FF is drunk and has my O one day too early, and I was told there was a chart stalk thread so I thought I would post here.  

Do you think FF is right and O was on CD10, or do you agree with me that it's drunk and O was CD11? 

• Options
    @BurlapandLace I would agree with you and think CD11. 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Options
    @BurlapandLace I second @MrsMiller8588's second opinion, I would guess CD11 as O. 
  • Options
    @pumpkinpancake I'm just lurking but have noticed that no one has responded to you yet. Without seeing your chart it's a bit hard. But what you are describing sounds like a fallback rise. If you search, ff has some info on these if you are curious. If your temps go back up and stay up, this is likely what happened. It's hard to know exactly when ov was (only that it did occur), but I think in these cases, statistically you can assume it would be on your peak (ie last) day of fertile cm. 

If your temps don't go back up, it means your body had a false surge. 
  • Options
    @pumpkinpancake Can you post a screenshot of your chart for us to see? That would be helpful!
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Options
    @pumpkinpancake - would you mind posting your chart so we can all better see what you are talking about? 

Also, do you temp orally or vaginally? I know I switched from oral to vaginal temping because my temps were all over the chart when I temped orally - things like the difference of temperature in the room effect your temp more when temping orally. After I switched to vaginal temping, my charts became much less rocky 
  • Options
    @BurlapandLace @offtoneverland @sapphiredays thanks for the responses!  I’ll be back to post my chart after I figure out how to do that :wink: 

I’ve been temping orally, so that definitely could be affecting things since my room has changed temperature this week. 
  • Options
    @pumpkinpancake ~ if you do decide to switch to vaginal temping, wait until next cycle, or at least until you've gotten a clear, confined ovulation before you start temping vaginally. You don't want to switch back and forth between the two temping methods in a cycle. It will mess it all up 
  • Options
    Ok so here’s my chart, with yesterday’s temp discarded. (On mobile, and first time posting a pic, so hopefully it works and it’s not huge or anything!) My temp was higher again today, so if I discard the temp from yesterday, FF gives me CH for Tuesday, but if I keep yesterday’s temp, it doesn’t. What do you guys think? 

• Options
    @pumpkinpancake CD11 looks like O-day to me?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @pumpkinpancake I would agree with CD11 as O day as well. Hopefully your temps stay up to confirm that. Do you keep your thermometer right next to your bed by the open window? Perhaps if the thermometer was cold, it could have affected your temp. Maybe try warming it up under your pillow before sticking it in your mouth. 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Options
    @offtoneverland @canucklehead123 thanks for the replies! I also think CD 11 for o day, but since it only gives CH with discarding yesterday’s temp, I wasn’t sure if it was real or if I was manipulating things by discarding that temp. 

And yes, I keep my thermometer right on my nightstand directly under the open window, so I had the same thought about that making it colder. DH made fun of me, but I actually slept with it under my pillow last night to keep it out of the cold. Hopefully my temps stay up from here on out!  Thanks ladies! 
  • Options
    @pumpkinpancake since this looks like a fallback rise, even if you keep the low temp from cd14 in, ff should still give you crosshairs in the future for cd11 if cd16 and cd17 stay high. It likely just needs three temps above the coverline to reconfirm. 
  • Options
    @pumpkinpancake I agree with @sapphiredays give it a few more days wth all the temps included and see if it doesn't just give the CH back to you ;)  as long as the temps stay up, betcha!
  • Options
    @sapphiredays @BusinessWife I’ll test that theory out! Hopefully the temps stay high and that’s what it is! Thanks! 
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend! There has been no humping in the Coconuts household since Tuesday. *insert sounds of irritation and annoyance* also temps/chart are still unclear on if I've o'd or still wto. Sigh.
    Only "win" for the weekend, dh brought up wanting to start taking something to help "support testosterone"/etc. He knows that the "male enhancement/magic pills" aren't what he wants (obviously), but he's noticed his metabolism slowing, lower sex drive, "getting older". Any thoughts, advice, or direction to start researching/looking in? Some friend of his suggested maca root? Obviously I told him he should discuss it with his gp but he's a stereotypical dude that "doesn't need to talk to a stupid doctor when he isn't sick."

Eta: I did do a few searches and nothing seemed particularly recent or really discussed much (unless I used the wrong key words lol). Also, fwiw DH just turned 39 and historically has been obstinate regarding even taking a one-a-day multivitamin (brought the idea up to him about a year ago) lol. I think the recent birthday and significantly decreased libido has him worried but won't actively talk about it yet. 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts Is he already taking Ubiquinol? For fertility it's suppose to help egg/sperm quality but it's supposedly able to help with lot of aging related issues and increase energy. Maybe that'd help? 
  • Options
    @SkilledSailor he hasn't been taking anything aside from, occasionally, a daily multivitamin. Sounds like a good starting place to research :) thanks

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    Yeah I fyou could get him to take a multi + ubiquinol that woukd be awesome.  We took maca too, but you want to look for the red or the black, and it can get pricey, so I would start with the basics before worrying about adding more things ...
  • Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts

I would second (or third) @SkilledSailor and @businesswife with the Ubiquinol (CoQ10). 
    Both DH and I started it 3.5 months ago and I have no idea if it helped eggs or sperm but we both have much more energy (and libido) again.

My DH is pretty much the same, except when he had his SA done they found a slightly raised blood pressure and now he has some medication for that which he needs to take every day too. He hates taking any pills with a passion - and the first month he didn't really take even the blood pressure pills properly, then of course went back to the doctor and found it was worse... I find I have to put the things right in front of his nose, but not push, and he comes to a decision on his own. Just typically a few weeks slower than I would like lol!
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts. Thanks for asking this question!  Dh has suffered from low libido for years, but refuses to speak to a doctor about it. Maybe I can convince him to take ubiquinol as @SkilledSailor @BusinessWife and @emmasemm have mentioned. This has been a sore spot in our marriage since the beginning, so maybe it'll even our sex drives out a bit.
  • Options
    @br0co1ii and @lurvleybunchococonuts

Forgot to mention if you *can* get them to the doctor, get the doctor to run blood tests for testosterone and cortisol levels. These can also play a big part in energy in general and especially libido. They also might be indicated to have changed if you start noticing a bit of "middle aged spread"... I find I have to be very delicate talking with DH about anything health wise but especially anything "masculine" and normally just drop something into conversation and then let it sit with him until he has had time to think about it on his own terms.
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• Options
    Hi ladies. I've been MIA for a couple of weeks, but could really use a chart stalk. Specifically which day do you think was O? 
    for some background this chart is a bit of a mess because I got sick around cd1 and it lingered for about 2 weeks. I started meds around cd11. The temp in question is cd13. If I leave it in I get dotted CH and FF puts O at cd16 (chart 1) if I discard it the CH are solid on cd14 (chart2). For reference O date for me has been as early as cd9 or as late as cd19. (I realize cd19 is not "late")
    Thanks ladies! 

Chart 1

Chart 2

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    @Avrilmai I'm leaning towards cd16 for you, but I can definitely see why you're confused. If it was my personal chart, I'd pick cd16, but it's obviously not.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    @Avrilmai I would say 15 or 16, but not 14.  What happens if you only discard the day 13 temp?  Is that chart 2?  For me I would probably just leave it at 16, if not override to 15, but the first way you err on the side of being a day farther along dpo, not being a day <i>earlier,</i> and therefore possibly testing extra early.  I would try not to stress one day or the other, (plus you have all the timing so not like that makes a difference here), but that's why I might just as well leave it at 16 and be done with it. ;) lol Purely for testing/BSC prevention.
    *typo
  • Options
    AvrilmaiAvrilmai member
    edited September 2017
    @BusinessWife yes, chart 2 is if I discard cd13 temp and unfortunately those x's are the meds not timing. :/ We only managed once in the FW this cycle bc I was feeling so bad from the cold. 
    eta: thanks for the feedback to you and @br0co1ii

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• Options
    @Avrilmai oh jeez.  Fx the meds help!!!  Hope you are feeling better soon.  It is what it is at this point, right?  You did O, that's the main thing. ;) so now we just wait and try not to think about it!!! As if... (((hugs)))
  • Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts I am currently taking maca root for myself, it's working wonders for MY sex drive and MH has said he has taken it in the past for a general energy booster as well (he didn't remember if it had any effect on his sex drive) but said it really helped for energy. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @avrilmai I'm with @businesswife for the avoiding BSC testing logic.
    Though if you were sick and started meds part way through I would be inclined to say the temps are maybe overall not so reliable this time unfortunately. 
    I have a few odd charts from the last few years where I've been sick.
    Sorry can't be more useful.
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F

• Options
    @emmasemm thanks. I appreciate you taking the time to look. I'm not a tester until AF is "late" so hopefully I can keep the SS at bay. That's a good point about the temps overall. I had a few days with fever that I didn't chart and then one day where I didn't have a fever in the morning but by the time I got home in the evening temp was way up. That is what actually got me go to the clinic and finally get meds. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET