May 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Questions - 9/17

It's hard to find gifs/images for questions...
Image result for question gifs
Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
Married: 11/2013
M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018

Re: Weekly Questions - 9/17

• Options
    I started this selfishly. My first appointment is tomorrow, so I will bring it up to my nurse then, but thought I'd try to see what I can expect first. I've been having brown discharge, not spotting just brown tinged cervical mucus, a couple of times a week. It's usually only something I notice once a day, often first thing in the morning if I was more active the day before, or had sex the previous night. Something minor like that won't qualify me for pelvic rest, right?
  • Options
    I would say no. I would be very surprised if they put you on pelvic rest for that. Let us know though. Now I'm interested.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It was enough to put me on pelvic rest... Hopefully not for you though.
  • Options
    I had the same thing my entire last pregnancy and they never put me on pelvic rest. 
  • Options
    I think this is the right place, so here it goes. Anyone have an experience with gallstones during pregnancy? Just found out last Thursday (2 days before BFP) that I have gallstones and need surgery. Talked with OB over email this am, and she's thinking I'll have surgery during second tri. I have an appt with her this week, as well as a separate one with the surgeon. I'm 4 weeks ish, so there's time....and I know they do this, if not routinely, somewhat commonly. But I'm freaking out a little.
    <BabyFetus Ticker >
  • Options
    @loko08 obviously listen to your drs, surgery can be done very safely even when pregnant. but a little anecdotal advice, do it as soon a they'll let you, when the baby isn't kicking as hard. My aunts friend had her appendix out at like 35 weeks I think (emergency, no choice) and she kept getting kicked/elbowed/kneed/punched in the incision lol it's not funny, but it is looking back since all is well :)
    Angel Babies 1&2 2/14/09
    DS born 3/11
    Angel Baby 3 6/28/11                                                         9/5/17 BFP!!
    divorced October 2014                                                       9/6/17 hCG 88 progesterone 9.1 (prometrium started)
    Married DH 10/15     DH's DS born 6/09                            9/8/17 hCG 242!!!
    Not preventing since 11/15                                                 EDD 5/8/18        Adjusted 5/15/18
    TTC since 1/1/16                                                                9/27/17 we have a heart beat!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy TrackerBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Thanks, @ladystinson :) That helps to know! I'm hoping they could get me in early December, but obviously I need to talk to them first....
    <BabyFetus Ticker >
  • Options
    @loko08 Onenof the girls in my last bmb had that surgery while six months pg. It was not pleasant, but from what I can remember the recovery wasn't too bad. She felt almost immediate relief from it.
  • Options
    @artlea2013 I've been trying to figure out the discharge situation. I just called the office today to let them know I got positive tests over the weekend and today off and on having a watery spotting. Only ever when i wipe. So not sure if it warrants a call to OB or a wait for a day or two and see.
  • Options
    Thank you @ivyvines6 that is really helpful to hear!
    <BabyFetus Ticker >
  • Options
    I would say no. I would be very surprised if they put you on pelvic rest for that. Let us know though. Now I'm interested.
    So no pelvic rest, but I was told to calm down on the activities that I think have been associated with the bleeding. Soooo... basically pelvic rest  :s It was an interesting conversation with the nurse educator where we basically argued back and forth with my confused husband in the corner.

NP: So if you're having spotting
    Me: No, not spotting. Just brown tinged discharge. And one instance of light pink discharge. Half dozen times total in 4 weeks. But really it only shows up after I go to the bathroom, when I wipe, in my CM. Not in my underwear or toilet or anywhere else. Just discharge.
    NP: ...like I said, if you're having any sort of spotting
    Me: *glowers*
    NP: we want you to stop the activities that caused the spotting until we can get it under control. So no more running
    Me When will that be?
    NP: When it's under control
    Me: *extra glowering*
    NP: Also, do you know your blood type
    Me: *sigh* It's negative
    NP: Ok, then you need a Rhogam shot today too
    Me: *super extra glowering*
  • Options
    So no pelvic rest, but I was told to calm down on the activities that I think have been associated with the bleeding. Soooo... basically pelvic rest  :s It was an interesting conversation with the nurse educator where we basically argued back and forth with my confused husband in the corner.

Me: No, not spotting. Just brown tinged discharge. And one instance of light pink discharge. Half dozen times total in 4 weeks. But really it only shows up after I go to the bathroom, when I wipe, in my CM. Not in my underwear or toilet or anywhere else. Just discharge.
    NP: we want you to stop the activities that caused the spotting until we can get it under control. So no more running
    Me When will that be?
    I wish these people were more educated. I feel like they think they know so much more than us and that's not always the case. You went to nursing school but how much of that schooling was dedicated to reproductive health? How specialized is your understanding or did you just want to work with babies and applied for a GYN office? 

There is a difference between discharge and spotting. Like it's not the same. I'm frustrated for you. I would want to have that discussion with the doctor. I really advocate for myself in those cases. If I don't advocate for myself then no one else will. Part of that is educating myself about my body and reproductive health. It's frustrating that these nurses don't think any of us know anything. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options

Me When will that be?
    I wish these people were more educated. I feel like they think they know so much more than us and that's not always the case. You went to nursing school but how much of that schooling was dedicated to reproductive health? How specialized is your understanding or did you just want to work with babies and applied for a GYN office? 

There is a difference between discharge and spotting. Like it's not the same. I'm frustrated for you. I would want to have that discussion with the doctor. I really advocate for myself in those cases. If I don't advocate for myself then no one else will. Part of that is educating myself about my body and reproductive health. It's frustrating that these nurses don't think any of us know anything. 
    Thanks for the commiseration. I don't see my OB until 10/30, so I'll mention it to her if it's still happening and try to explain it better. If it's not still going on by mid-October though, I'm going back to my life as normal. I understand the nurse deals with people of every level of understanding about their body, but seriously, some of us know the difference between discharge and spotting. This was purely from a bit of aggravation to my cervix, nothing intrauterine happening. I know that can still be an issue though, so I'll stick to walking, but I really wish they would take me more seriously
  • Options
    Reviving this thread with a question. For anyone who had O pain, can you feel pain from corpus luteum? I usually had O pain during my cycles and I assumed it was from growing follicles because it was like internal pressure the day before or of O. I'm feeling that exact same feeling but less intense and it comes and goes. Could it be corpus luteum or something more serious?
  • Options
    @charlestonchew I've had the same thing. I told my doc about it and he wasn't concerned. I had my US and they looked at my ovaries and saw a bunch of follicles (never had that before, TW new since my MC /TW). When do you have your first US?
  • Options
    @rachelg777 10/2 so a little over a week.
  • Options
    @charlestonchew If you are concerned you can always call and mention it. Otherwise mention it during the US for sure and see if they will take a look.