Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

IF Testing & Treatment Week of 9/18

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another.  Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (If you've been): 

Cycle/CD: 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?)

How are things going?

Any questions? 

GTKY: Share something hilarious you've enjoyed reading/seeing/hearing recently!

Re: IF Testing & Treatment Week of 9/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @tamalahoops Ugh I'm sorry about AF this weekend.  This whole process can just be deflating.  Hugs  <3
  • Options
    @tamalahoops I'm sorry about AF. I started watching "Friends from College", haven't made it past the first episode yet, but of course will soldier on because of Billy :wink:
    Me: 38 DH:39
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • Options
    @50Wife sorry for what you're going through as well. It sucks so much when you're trying so hard and it doesn't happen. Hopefully 3rd iui is the charm!
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• Options
    @Sailing_Mama Yikes, you have had a lot going on for sure, no wonder you're feeling low. Just know that we are always here if you need some support <3. The vacation was good - my MIL kept writing on my FB about "Why are you there?" "The hurricane is coming" "They are evacuating NC" (we were in OBX). It was annoying, because if she'd just turn on the weather channel, she'd know IRMA was nowhere near OBX. We didn't have any rain, beautiful weather the whole time. It was so frustrating.

Our plan is, if I'm not a SS, that I'll call on CD1 and get set up with a medicated IUI in October. Do three of those (if the first two don't work), and then reassess in January if we're going to do IVF. 
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • Options
    @Sailing_Mama wow talk about a crap situation and even worse timing. I'm so sorry, lady.

• Options
    @zwink1 So glad you and YH had a good talk, and I hope you can get everything square so you can move forward soon!

@wishiwaspreggo I have no problem with you hanging out here! I'm sorry that your RE's office was so awful, and leaving YW all alone. That's unacceptable.

@AlohaKumu I am so happy to see you back here! Sounds like so many hoops to jump through, but it'll all be worth it in the end :smile:
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • Options
    @adirat I've only gotten through one episode of Friends from College so far, but I have heard it can be triggering further in the show, maybe @tamalahoops will have a better idea if she's gotten through more episodes
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • Options
    @Hollyyyyy That is hilarious! My husband had this idea that he would draw a smiley face with the injections (you can kind of see the pokes the next day)...we'll see... We really like The Guestbook too! 

@tamalahoops Thanks for the info! I think I will check it out. 

• Options
    @adirat Haha that just made me think of those pumpkin carving stencil things where you poke the holes in the shape of the design so you know where to cut  :D

@wishiwaspreggo Wow, that is terrible that they forgot about her. That's so sad!
  • Options
    @kiwi2628 Happy IUI day and belated birthday!!
  • Options
    @AlohaKumu - I'm using donor sperm (for obvious reasons lol) Are you going through a cryobank or using a known donor? Cryobanks should already have the legal portion taken care of. Did they say what the POA was for?

@kiwi2628 - Happy birthday and happy IUI!! And throatpunch to your friend. Who does that?
  • Options
    @dpjennifer my husband loves that video. He giggles like a little girl everytime he watches it. 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• Options
    @dpjennifer that video is amazing!!!
  • Options
    @beachbunnyxo123 - I'm right there with ya (3 month break, considering moving on to IVF next year and 100% OOP) so... high five? I've used Follistim so I'm not too worried about shots in the stomach (actually doesn't hurt too bad - feels a little weird if you don't let it warm up to room temperature first but no pain). I've never done PIO before, though, and I've heard not so awesome things about it.

What is ISWTE? May need to get a copy for myself.
  • Options
    @leekat14 I hope your retrieval goes well tomorrow!!

@JuneRoseRuby Yay, glad your US and BW went well today!

@beachbunnyxo123 Oh I am so sorry about the BFN. It sounds like you have so much to think about/consider, and I hope you are able to take some time to do something special for yourself in the meantime. So many creepy hugs to you!
  • Options
    @beachbunnyxo123 so many hugs for the spot you are in. There are pros and cons to staying put and moving on with your job. How is your job right now with missing work for appts? It will probably be easier to do IVF and all those appts with a place that already 'knows' you so they may be more lenient. On the other hand, getting iVF coverage would be clutch, although there is not guarantee you find a job you love that covers it. If it were me, I would stay put for now and find a new job after maternity leave, but thats just me. Also that video made me cry at work.
  • Options
    @50Wife I love that quote so much. It was such a powerful moment in history and it's a phrase that keeps me going today. (I purchased a shirt on Etsy with it and it makes me feel like a warrior woman!)
    @wishiwaspreggo We are using a known donor and pretty much organizing everything for ourselves, other than the specific paperwork that the clinic gives us.
    @JuneRoseRuby Yeah, I think that those who donate anonymously have to fill out paperwork on their end that the families never see. I'm going to try to ask again for a specific template.
    Me: 35 DH: 28
    TTC since June 2016

Azoospermia diagnosis (zero count) Dec 2016

AZFc chromosome microdeletion discovery March 2017
    Unsuccessful TESE for DH in August 2017
    October 2017 IVF with donor sperm
    29R, 24M, 16F, 2d5, 4d6 (6 embryos total)
    Only 3 could have PGS. 2/3 normal. 5 embies frozen
    12/15/17 FET #1 (1 embryo)--CP
    2/7/17 FET #2 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Chronic endometritis diagnosis May 2018
    ERA Sept 2018--borderline receptive--12 more hours of progesterone
    Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
    Repeat hysteroscopy Nov 1. Treated recurring endometritis.
    12/4/18 FET #3 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Our journey has come to an end.
    ~*~*~Nevertheless, she persisted~*~*~