February 2018 Moms

Monday B*tchfest | 9.18

2»

Re: Monday B*tchfest | 9.18

• @precious88 OMG I'm so sorry you had to deal with all that! Now I'm thinking car seat covers will be a good investment.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Loading the player...
  • What do you have in this emergency kit @precious88?  I'm now totally considering making one.
  • @precious88 Wow!  What a day!  Great suggestions about videoing yourself and the emergency kit!
  • @chucksmom15 This was actually the first time I've ever cleaned up vomit haha. So I googled what to use. It worked really well.

• baking soda
    • spray bottle of water/vinegar solution
    • bottle of water
    • baby wipes
    • wash cloth
    • small towel
    • EXTRA CLOTHES!!! (adult and child)
    • tooth brush and tooth paste (or mouth wash)

Baking soda. You sprinkle it on wet vomit and it absorbs the moisture, making it easier to clean up. I had already removed the chunks (sorry, gross), so I sprayed warm water all over the seat and sprinkled baking soda on it and let it sit and dry for 30 min. Then I wiped/vacuumed it up. It absorbed the smell really well.

Spray bottle of vinegar and water solution. After cleaning up the dried baking soda, I sprayed that over the seat and let it sit for like 5 min. Wash cloth. Soak it with the vinegar/water, then scrub any areas where you can see discoloration (or where you know vomit was sitting).

A small towel and water. Soak the wash towel with water and press it over the area sprayed with the vinegar. It soaks up the cleaner and any leftover vomit residue. Don't scrub, hold it over and press for like a minute.

After all that I used a carpet cleaner for good measure. Maybe wasn't necessary after the vinegar... but it made me feel better haha.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • winnie1122winnie1122 member
    edited September 2017
    @precious88 Omg that sounds like a nightmare! Glad you had new clothes for both of you, I never think to have a change for myself. Now I'm thinking of all the things I should stock my car with for various emergencies with two small children...ahhh! 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • sabriel1sabriel1 member
    edited September 2017
    @precious88 that is like something from my worst nightmare. Yikes. Just a side note to anyone reading the vomit clean up instructions, make sure you do not use any of that stuff (baking soda, vinegar, carpet cleaner etc.) On the straps for the car seat. This stuff will deteriorate and compromise the straps, just warm water and scrubbing for those bad boys

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Thanks @precious88!

Did not know that @sabriel1.  Thanks for the heads up!
  • @precious88 no words. What a nightmare! 
  • @sabriel1 Thank you, forgot to mention that. Everyone should read their car seat manual before installing it... both of mine had that right in the beginning.

I ordered new straps because they got nasty and I don't trust that water got it out. For anyone who doesn't know, you can order new straps. Need your model# and manufacture date.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It really is annoying that they can't come up with a solution for that. I mean those straps on the infant carriers in particular get spit up on them on a consistent basis

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Ugh! @precious88 what a nightmare! 

Im currently on my way to a big family dinner at my parents' house with my siblings, in-laws in from out of town, and a random collection of family friends. I'm over-tired, irritable, and carrying 4 bottles of wine I can't drink.