RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
Polyp removed May 2017
FET May 2017 - BFP!
Baby boy born 2/2/18

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread | 9.18

• Options
    Coming up on 20weeks pregnant and getting  muscle cramps/ Charlie horse Nightly. Also, just generally sleeping badly with lots of waking up and feeling unable to go back to sleep. Is this here to stay for the next 20 weeks??
  • Options
    wal2017 said:
    Coming up on 20weeks pregnant and getting  muscle cramps/ Charlie horse Nightly. Also, just generally sleeping badly with lots of waking up and feeling unable to go back to sleep. Is this here to stay for the next 20 weeks??
    Same. I keep waking up because I've ended up on my back, and I feel a strain in my sides. Last night it felt like ovulation pain! Then I roll on my side and it goes away. So frustrating. Now when people tell me "oh, get your sleep now because you won't when the baby comes!" I can be all "Actually, you should butt your nose in to people's lives before they even get pregnant, because sleeping now is also a struggle." Oh, and I'm irritable. In case you can't tell.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh, the sleep issues. Seems like every night I wake up because I've moved into some uncomfortable position and then have the hardest time falling back asleep once I shift myself into a good position. I loved my Snoogle with my first but I swear I must have forgotten how to use it because now it just seems like a nuisance! 
  • Options
    Ive been trying to get used to the snoogle to help me stay on my side but its taking some time. Ive now started the waking up multiple times to pee thing. I chug a glass of water w my prenatal right before bed but didnt have a problem getting through rhe night til recently. 

My new mom friend was just saying how little sleep she got those first few months but its amazing cuz you just have to keep going. Super looking forward to that lol.
  • Options
    clc515 said:
    Ive been trying to get used to the snoogle to help me stay on my side but its taking some time. Ive now started the waking up multiple times to pee thing. I chug a glass of water w my prenatal right before bed but didnt have a problem getting through rhe night til recently. 

My new mom friend was just saying how little sleep she got those first few months but its amazing cuz you just have to keep going. Super looking forward to that lol.
    honestly though, I felt better running on like 4 hours of sleep after giving birth than I did after 8 hours of sleep while pregnant. Especially those first weeks. I felt like I was running on adrenaline or something. 
  • Options
    I feel like I shouldn't say this because I'll jinx myself. But sleep problems haven't hit me. (Yet). I use my diffuser and oils at night. Maybe that's helping more then I realized. 

Oh the discharge. I feel like I have a constant swamp in my pants. It's awful. And I'm always questioning that is what it is. Because I'm crazy. 

Still frequent headaches. Vomited more last week. So hopefully that's gone. Tired. Overall aside from my swamp pants I'm feeling ok. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @wal2017 leg cramps can usually be helped with calcium. My first ob recommended tums and they helped tremendously. 

My symptoms: I'm having such a hard time falling asleep. I also have to pee really frequently in the evening, even though my water schedule isn't any different at night than during the day.  Boobs are sore and growing larger again... like I can feel the duct tissue inside now and that tissue is super sore. 
  • Options
    wal2017 said:
    Same. I keep waking up because I've ended up on my back, and I feel a strain in my sides. Last night it felt like ovulation pain! Then I roll on my side and it goes away. So frustrating. Now when people tell me "oh, get your sleep now because you won't when the baby comes!" I can be all "Actually, you should butt your nose in to people's lives before they even get pregnant, because sleeping now is also a struggle." Oh, and I'm irritable. In case you can't tell.
    I am at my wits end with people and this damned "advice." I am tired and I look tired because my back hurts and I can't sleep. I'm grumpy enough to growl at people at this point, but yet STILL I hear "oh my gosh you're tired now just wait until baby gets here."  

The heartburn kicked it up a notch as well, so the lava pit in my chest has been a fun new nighttime addition. 
  • Options
    keshupe29 said:
    I feel like I shouldn't say this because I'll jinx myself. But sleep problems haven't hit me. (Yet). I use my diffuser and oils at night. Maybe that's helping more then I realized. 

Oh the discharge. I feel like I have a constant swamp in my pants. It's awful. And I'm always questioning that is what it is. Because I'm crazy. 

Still frequent headaches. Vomited more last week. So hopefully that's gone. Tired. Overall aside from my swamp pants I'm feeling ok. 
    The discharge is ridiculous...I change like 5 times a day which is starting to get annoying since I have more laundry to do. I am also questioning that is what it is cause sometimes you never know lol
  • Options
    I definitely slept more and better with a newborn than I did the last trimester. Silver lining? 
  • Options
    Ditto to sleeping better with a newborn than during pregnancy. Obviously it was a crazy sleep schedule and all, but I wasn't in crazy pain (unless I was dealing with mastitis...which I got freaking twice) and I did sleep when he slept...which during the day was A LOT haha. I'm a bit worried about the newborn phase with a toddler this time, but when I was a ftm I definitely took advantage of newborn naps! Also it's way better being awake because of a cute baby face than because of peeing and hip pain!!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    Terrible sleep for me too. I start with racing thoughts and struggling to find a good position, pee a few times, and then wake up from scary, vivid dreams a few times a night. I have a huge pile of work on my desk and a list of home projects for my "second trimester energy burst/nesting phase" that I feel will never arrive. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    RSaini said:
    keshupe29 said:

The discharge is ridiculous...I change like 5 times a day which is starting to get annoying since I have more laundry to do. I am also questioning that is what it is cause sometimes you never know lol
    I never thought my new bff would be a panty liner lol 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm with you girls. So so so tried. 
    I'm gunna die. Can't sleep, have no time to sleep, sleep is never good enough...ugh and It's just making me even more emotional which is terrible. So thankful my toddler is finally getting some chill in him lol. 

And yup yup I agree with @keshupe29 , panty liners for the win! 
  • Options
    babybro218babybro218 member
    edited September 2017
    YES.  Tired and so, so irritable.  Oh, the sleep issues.  @MrsJ2410 my mind was racing last night, too.  Once I FINALLY fell asleep, I had the most bizarre, intense dreams and woke up a zillion times, just to fall back asleep and have more weird dreams.  

I went to the bathroom during my prep period this morning and saw some blood.  It was just a little, but enough  to freak me out. I called the OB and they wanted me to come in.  In an attempt to be responsible at work, I said I would teach my next 2 classes and leave at 11:30 to make it a 1/2 sick day.  It would also give them some time to find coverage for me for my last 2 classes.  I managed my anxiety for the next hour and a half (despite still seeing blood on my next trip to the bathroom), but once it was 15 minutes into my 4th period class and the teacher who was supposed to cover me still hadn't shown up, I lost my cool.  Needless to say, I am waiting to be seen by the Dr. and just wrote an apology email to my principal, the office staff, and the teacher who was late...  Hoping this is just a silly scare that we will all laugh about later...

ETA: Spelling is hard
  • Options
    @babybro218 thinking of you and LO.  Please let us know how it goes.
  • Options
    @babybro218 Hope everything is ok! Sounds like a super stressful morning, ugh. 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    Thinking of you @babybro218
  • Options
    @babybro218 sorry you're dealing with this. Praying all is well. 
  • Options
    +1 for the sleep issues, though mine was due to horrible gas pain last night. Woke me up at 3 and kept me awake for more than an hour. Finally got back to sleep and then had more gas pain this morning when I got up, but couldn't successfully poo for another couple hours after that. Ugh. (Sorry, TMI?)

It's also mentally throwing me off to be ravenous, but to get full so quickly. I think eating too much pizza (literally 2 slices) for dinner was the culprit behind my gas pain this morning.

@babybro218 I hope everything is okay!
  • Options
    I had a similar scare a week and a half ago. It's so scary but thank goodness they got you in right away to reassure you everything is okay. When they did my U/S I wanted to ask if they can tell what we were having but I didn't want to sound greedy lol. So glad to hear it all went well for you!
  • Options
    @babybro218 I'm glad it was nothing! 

Plus infinity on the not sleeping. Between being pregnant, DH's cold snores, and DD's sleep regression I'm maybe logging 4 hours a night. Being so tired makes my morning sickness way worse too. DD and I went to IHOP before her check up this morning and nothing tasted good. I pretty much only want plain kettle cooked chips. DD poured what was left of my bag out on the floor for the dogs. I almost cried. 
  • Options
    I had a similar scare a week and a half ago. It's so scary but thank goodness they got you in right away to reassure you everything is okay. When they did my U/S I wanted to ask if they can tell what we were having but I didn't want to sound greedy lol. So glad to hear it all went well for you!
    DH wanted to ask, too, but I told him not to push it ;) Glad everything is ok for you, too!!!
  • Options
    My sleep has been wonkey as well. I can get to sleep and some nights I actually make it through without peeing but those nights I have the most crazy dreams and wake up exhausted. I'm also having eating problems. I'm ravenous but only eat a couple of bites. Today was the first day in a while that I haven't had heart burn. Not sure what changes but I'm pretty happy about it. My belly also got really hard overnight. It used to be squishy on top. And I feel like I'm showing more. Growth spurt maybe?
  • Options
    I'm afraid this kid is going to be a big smartass.  My own snarkiness has increased ten-fold since getting pregnant.  I think I'm in trouble...
  • Options
    lucylou214lucylou214 member
    edited September 2017
    I have been feeling fairly lucky to have been feeling good lately, but I had a scare last Friday and ended up making an "emergency" appt. in the middle of the school day like @babybro218.  Mine wasn't bleeding related, but I woke up in the middle of the night with pretty constant, intense shooting/stabbing pains near my cervix and a lot of general pain in that area, that happened through the rest of the night and into the next morning getting ready for work.  Being a FTM, I don't know what contractions feel like, but I was worried because I haven't been feeling the baby move with any consistency, and couldn't remember when I had felt him/her last.  Thankfully, they were able to get me in, and we heard a nice strong heartbeat.  The OB said that my uterus and the baby are essentially sitting on my colon, which is the reason for both the achy pain and the stabbing/shooting pains.  Has anyone else ever experienced this?  It was so incredibly uncomfortable, but I was so grateful to know that baby was okay!  Thankfully, those shooting pains have decreased a bit, and at least I know nothing is wrong, but it was pretty scary. :( I am hoping things will begin to shift and move up soon! 

As for sleep, it's been off, and I'm also trying to love the Snoogle, @clc515!  I have found that I much prefer it around my back than around my front, if that helps at all.

@keshupe29 ,  I'm with you on that!  I have also been friendly with pantiliners lately...  :neutral:
  • Options
    @babybro218 Glad to hear everything is okay!! I wouldn't have been okay with them being late!! I get you need to wait for a sub but as a sub show up on time!! 
  • Options
    @keshupe29 swamp in my pants. Lol lol. Yes...so much this. 

@magnolia305 I agree...the last month of pregnancy is definitely the worst. Constant state of misery. I keep pep talking myself this time saying at least it will be in the winter and not summer this time. Oh the little lies I tell myself. 
  • Options
    Also in camp no sleep. I get by with about 5 hours max a night and seem to be able to function working part time and taking care of our 13 month old the other days. I think if this was my first baby, I would be pretty crabby. But after dealing with DD who was a colicky baby from hell that slept like never those first 3-4 months...I have a whole new perspective on what tired is. I am hoping that these babies aren't colicky, because if they are, I might lose my shit. 

I also have the wonderful belly itchies from the skin stretching. And the only thing kind of helping is the honest company belly balm. Anyone else have the itchies already? 
  • Options
    babybro218babybro218 member
    edited September 2017
    kbrinks2 said:
    @babybro218 Glad to hear everything is okay!! I wouldn't have been okay with them being late!! I get you need to wait for a sub but as a sub show up on time!! 
    This wasn't even a sub... it's another teacher in the building.  They were only one floor down and I have been called to cover his class in an emergency more than once. 
  • Options
    @babybro218 and @lucylou214 sorry about both of your scares, but glad to hear your LOs are doing well. 
  • Options
    I'm so over bras. I don't recall my ladies hurting this much the last two pregnancies. Maybe bc they were bigger to start with bc I was overweight. I don't know. But dang. 
  • Options
    @babybro218 , I am so glad to hear that your LO is okay!  Gosh, they need to stop scaring us!  I'm sorry to hear that the coverage situation for you was less than ideal.  It's nearly impossible to be able to be patient in that moment. 
  • Options
    I'm so over bras. I don't recall my ladies hurting this much the last two pregnancies. Maybe bc they were bigger to start with bc I was overweight. I don't know. But dang. 
    Same. I'm still wearing my nursing bras during the day, even though I'm not nursing. 
  • Options
    Heartburn is awful. I don't remember it ever being like this with my others even at the end of pregnancy. The constant tossing and turning is worse this time due to join/hip pain. I'm congested most of the time, and did I mention heartburn? And I still feel pretty damn tired most of the time. 
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    I am so freakin' exhausted by the end of the day. I almost fell asleep on my daughter's bed during story time tonight! And I am so, so hungry. And cranky. I think the crankiness is mostly because of the hunger/ afternoon low-blood sugar. Oh, and heartburn!! Bleh.
    Married 5/27/13
    Anniversary

Baby#2
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD#1
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    kbrinks2 said:
    This wasn't even a sub... it's another teacher in the building.  They were only one floor down and I have been called to cover his class in an emergency more than once. 
    That actually makes it so much worse!!