May 2018 Moms
Options

Fertility friend

for those of you that used the app while TTGP and HIO how accurate was the EDD vs what your doctor told you? FF says May 31 I just didn't know if that coincided with the OBGYN estimations. Thanks in advance 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Fertility friend

• Options
    It depends on when you O'd if you verified it. If you O'd much later or earlier than CD 14, 15 then it's probably going to be way off. They go off period date and most people don't O when they're "supposed" to.
  • Options
    Well then I'm good because I O'd on CD15  B)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Were you temping?

I use the app while temping and it's very accurate when you temp.
    November Siggy Challenge

• Options
    Yes I temped and used opks 
  • Options
    If you temped then it should be fine.  If you want to double check, go two weeks before ovulation and consider that CD1 for the purpose of pregnancy dating.  I never tell my doc when my last period actually was, lol.
    November Siggy Challenge

• Options
    @tincupchalice I'm that asshole who is so regular that that two week mark hits the first day of my last period  :D
  • Options
    *Lurker*
    FWIW, I did a trigger shot and IUI. According to that, my EDD would be March 10. According to my first ultrasound with my OB, my EDD would be March 9. According to LMP, my EDD would be March 12. My OB went with March 12 for an EDD. I forgot to ask why she chose that one but I later realized that it's likely she chose it because it's the most generous of the three options, giving me the most possible time before I'm "late". 

I think it's fine to tell your doctor your accurate LMP date as long as you know when your O date was so if you O'ed on CD 21, no one freaks when you're measuring a week "behind."

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Options
    I have to temp and chart each time. All five of my pregnancies have been FF pregnancies. So I always take my chart and show them the exact data. Sometimes they believe me but mostly they don't until the dating US. The pregnancy in March they refused to use it and gave me an EDD of 3 weeks further along (until I had my loss and then they said, well you probably o'ed late >:( ) This time I said, we only had sex once in the window. I know the conception date. It couldn't be any other date. They believed me and went with that date. If they hadn't I would be a week further than I am. Which just isn't possible.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    If you temped then it should be fine.  If you want to double check, go two weeks before ovulation and consider that CD1 for the purpose of pregnancy dating.  I never tell my doc when my last period actually was, lol.
    I should have done this. My Dr ignored when I said I ovulated (CD 24 as per OPKs, CM and temps!) and freaked out when my bHCG came in not at the 5 week range but below. Why can't they understand not all women ovulate on CD 14...
    I get to find out how accurate FF was at the dating scan in a few weeks time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I temp and use FF too. I told my DR my real LMP even though I know I ovulate later than that. They didn't really believe me about my real o date, but the last two pregnancies the I due date I calculated and what the dating scan showed were really close, so I'm confident that I know my body and don't really give a crap what innaccurate due date they assign me. It'll all work out at the scan next week. If anything it is nice there is some "uncertainty" because the don't always do dating scans, so this way I get a peak early! 
  • Options
    I don't do FF, but I've been charting and using NFP for years. They never believe you when you say you ovulated on X date! I have super short cycles, so I'm always more pregnant than they expect when I get a dating ultrasound. You can always adjust your LMP based on when you ovulate.
  • Options
    I used FF and I ovulate later than average on CD 17. My first appointment is today, so I am curious to see what official date they assign me. FF gave me May 1 based on my O date, but if I went off of LMP, it would be April 29. I was temping, checking CM, and using OPKs so I am pretty confident in my O date. 
  • Options
    I'm lucky, my OB is great. He actually teases me for being so accurate. He said almost no one in his care has ever tracked their ovulation. But he always trusts me in my O date. 
    I used FF and just OPK's this time. But I have two possible conception dates so I'm anxious to see with my dating ultrasound.