May 2018 Moms
Options

Maternity Clothes

Yes, it's way too early for this discussion, but I CANNOT contain my excitement to wear maternity jeans again!!! I waited until I was probably 18 weeks before I started wearing them last time. That was stupid. I will be wearing them the second my regular clothes get at all tight because they are so damn comfy.

Share your favorite brands, where you bought them, etc. If you need special items (like scrubs), share that, too. 

I LOVED Jessica Simpson's maternity line. Those jeans were the real MVP of my pregnancy last time. 

I have a grown up job this time that requires me to wear suits fairly regularly. Any suggestions?

Together since '07
Married since '12
Off the pill since 5/14
BFP: 8/10/14 -- CP 8/22/14
BFP: 12/10/15 -- Prayers requested

Re: Maternity Clothes

• Options
    Last pregnancy I got a few maxi dresses from Old Navy that I really loved. 
    First pregnancy I loved the Oh, Baby brand jeans from Kohls. They seem to have changed since, sadly. 
    My BFF swears by PinkBlush. 

I need skinny jean recommendations!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sparkymcgeee I never had much luck with secondhand maternity clothes. I think they have some online stores that sell secondhand, so I am going to be going that route. 
    Together since '07
    Married since '12
    Off the pill since 5/14

• Options
    I've already ordered a few things from h&m because they were having a big sale in Labor Day. They seem to be good quality, and they have options for casual and more dressed up. I've also heard good things about the ASOS maternity line. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @sparkymcgeee @BritJonathan I use ThredUp for secondhand shopping. I sell regularly then use the proceeds to buy new items. I just purchased a couple new maternity items. The maternity selection isn't huge. 
  • Options
    I've also heard good things about ASOS and fit.  But, I have a bunch of ASOS clothes and the quality is shit. 

• Options
    holli0801holli0801 member
    edited September 2017
    Love the belly bands from target when you can still wear your pants but... barely...

for nice work clothes (I had several big conferences last time around) I was obsessed with this company from London, Isabella Oliver... Good news is most things fit well after pregnancy as well... 

casual stuff i stayed as cheap as possible- pink blush, motherhood maternity, target etc. 
  • Options
    I loved Loft maternity for my first pregnancy. TBH I will bust that out sooner than later to be as comfy as possible. Another vote for H&M too! 

<BabyFetus Ticker >
  • Options
    justsuzie said:
    I've also heard good things about ASOS and fit.  But, I have a bunch of ASOS clothes and the quality is shit. 

The few non mat pieces I have seem to be decent quality, but I haven't worn them much. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I just buy elastic waist shorts to go under my bump.  I'll have some leggings too.  I hate over the bump pants so much.
    November Siggy Challenge

• Options
    I put maternity clothes on today, no regrets there. I also like the cheaper stuff so old navy, target. I do have a lot of motherhood maternity clothes too since my company has a rewards program that you can get gift cards to, so I used a lot of gift cards to buy clothes last time around. I found out that Walmart now has maternity clothes, so I may check out what they have. 
  • Options
    I love the Isabel maternity tank tops and crossover panel leggings at target.  I plan to live in tanks and leggings and a sweater or unbuttoned flannel.  The tank tops also work well as belly bands so I’ve been wearing them with my work pants unbuttoned.  Haven’t gained weight yet but anything pressing on my tummy makes me so sick.  I’ve even pulled out some of my maternity shorts from last time and worn them.  They are too big but much more comfortable.  Keep in mind anything you buy now that’s more fitted like jeans might not fit towards the end but will probably fit postpartum when nothing else fits yet.  
  • Options
    rowboat4 said:
    I've already ordered a few things from h&m because they were having a big sale in Labor Day. They seem to be good quality, and they have options for casual and more dressed up. I've also heard good things about the ASOS maternity line. 
    I had two maternity dresses from ASOS last time and loved them. They were good quality, but agree that brand can be hit or miss.
  • Options
    Is it bad that DS is 2.5 years old and I still break out maternity pants sometimes? I love my full panel pants! They're so comfortable!

I just lost 5 pounds, so I'm going to keep eating healthy in hopes of NOT gaining 50 pounds on my 5'2 frame.

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Is it bad that DS is 2.5 years old and I still break out maternity pants sometimes? I love my full panel pants! They're so comfortable!

I just lost 5 pounds, so I'm going to keep eating healthy in hopes of NOT gaining 50 pounds on my 5'2 frame.
    I gained 40+ lbs last time on a barely 5' frame  :#

also, were you on the m15 board? 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I just buy elastic waist shorts to go under my bump.  I'll have some leggings too.  I hate over the bump pants so much.
    Omg same. I bought one pair and I was like NOPE NOPE never again. Every 5 seconds I had to keep them from riding down my ass. Horrible. I just use the BellaBand over normal stretchy jeans and call it a day. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @rowboat4, no, I wasn't on the March 2015 board. If I remember correctly, the bump (at least on the TTC board) was a mess and filled with drama. I hear things settled down which is why I'm back this time around. 

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Omg I not even 5w and I'm already looking and can't wait! With my last pregnancy I loved H&M, Motherhood, and Target! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @gildah so true! I didn't realize that I would need nursing friendly clothes with my son. 
    Together since '07
    Married since '12
    Off the pill since 5/14

• Options
    I bought a bunch from Pink Blush last pregnancy.  I also borrowed from friends last pregnancy lol
    Jenna
    Mama to a crazy toddler (J-5/28/15)
    EDD 5-3-18

• Options
    @mrspirate maternity clothes and feeling the baby kick were my absolute fav things about being pregnant before!
    Oh, the baby kicks! Those are the best!! :)

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @Guillerma that sounds awesome!! Would you let me know what you think when the first one arrives?  I'm having a similar experience with stitchfix. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I lived in pink blush maternity my last pregnancy 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    dinonuggetdinonugget member
    edited September 2017
    For jeans I love Gap maternity but I'm a fan of the full panel. Most other things I bought cheap from Target, Old Navy and Pink Blush. The last month I lived in maxi skirts because jeans were too tight.

Edited for spelling.
  • Options
    Any tips on maternity jackets? I didn't need one last time since I had my daughter in November, and I felt like an oven that was on fire at that point. But I'll need one or two this go around since I'm in the upper Midwest.
    <BabyFetus Ticker >
  • Options
    loko08 said:
    Any tips on maternity jackets? I didn't need one last time since I had my daughter in November, and I felt like an oven that was on fire at that point. But I'll need one or two this go around since I'm in the upper Midwest.
    I was in St. Louis during my pregnancy with my daughter and I didn't need one. She was born in April. I would hate to buy a coat just for that purpose but I could see it if you're in MN or WI or ugh, Chicago. I have no advice essentially. Good luck. I hope you find one that's not too expensive or you can wear it after this year as well. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    zizzabell523zizzabell523 member
    edited September 2017
    I got a lot of my maternity clothes from Ross. They didn't have a huge selection like Motherhood Maternity, but it was a lot more affordable. This time, I plan on breaking out my old maternity clothes and living mostly in Lularoe. No need to size up and LEGGINGS!

Edit to add: If you plan on breastfeeding, Latched Mama was my place to go! They're pretty affordable and super easy to use. Plus, no one knows they're nursing-wear!
    BFP 9/11/13   EDD 5/21/14   MC 9/20/13  <3
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP 2/25/14   EDD 11/5/14   BD 11/4/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

BFP 8/26/17  EDD  5/5/18
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @BritJonathan, I was pregnant in law school last time but I still tried to dress mostly professional. I got a black maternity pencil skirt and several nice maternity sweaters from motherhood maternity. I just wore all my regular blazers unbuttoned.

I bought two pairs of maternity Minnie pants from J.Crew. I never stopped wearing them because they are just elastic on the sides. It looks like they aren't currently selling them but you can find them online other places. These were awesome for more casual days. Towards the end, I wore a lot of dresses and stopped caring whether they were super professional or not. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Love the belly bands from target when you can still wear your pants but... barely... 
    Yes! I loved the target belly bands and rocked my regular jeans as long as I could using the belly band!
  • Options
    loko08 said:
    I was in St. Louis during my pregnancy with my daughter and I didn't need one. She was born in April. I would hate to buy a coat just for that purpose but I could see it if you're in MN or WI or ugh, Chicago. I have no advice essentially. Good luck. I hope you find one that's not too expensive or you can wear it after this year as well. 
    Same here - I didn't buy a winter coat last time, I just wore my non-maternity coat and didn't zip it. 
  • Options
    in terms of skinny jeans, I don't know about the thinner girls, but for those of us with some to spare faded glory jeggings all the way lol I can get away with them at work and so far my regular pairs have been stretchy enough that I'm not feeling any bloat pressure and they're like $12-$15 a pair. I never found maternity clothes that cheap the first time around. I'll be milking these until i can't anymore
    Angel Babies 1&2 2/14/09
    DS born 3/11
    Angel Baby 3 6/28/11                                                         9/5/17 BFP!!
    divorced October 2014                                                       9/6/17 hCG 88 progesterone 9.1 (prometrium started)
    Married DH 10/15     DH's DS born 6/09                            9/8/17 hCG 242!!!
    Not preventing since 11/15                                                 EDD 5/8/18        Adjusted 5/15/18
    TTC since 1/1/16                                                                9/27/17 we have a heart beat!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy TrackerBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    With my last May pregnancy I could still zip up my ski jacket at the end of January, for what that's worth.
    November Siggy Challenge