February 2018 Moms
Options

Friday Ticker Change | 9.15

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?   

2) How are you feeling? 

3) Any appointments this week/last?    

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? 

5) GTKY: What activities did you do in High School? (Stolen from Wednesday!)

Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
TTC #1 since April 2015
RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
Polyp removed May 2017
FET May 2017 - BFP!
Baby boy born 2/2/18

Re: Friday Ticker Change | 9.15

• Options
    18 weeks today! The size of an artichoke   

2) How are you feeling? 

I've been really tired but feeling pretty good! Decided I would join a running group and see if some activity will help with the energy 

No appointments! Appointment on the 21st and ultrasound on the 28th!

I think my question is "have all of you had an appointment with your OB?" I still don't know who my OB is and I don't think I get an OB appointment until closer to 30 weeks! 

Ooh good question! 

I played as many sports as I was allowed! Field hockey, ice hockey, baseball, lacrosse, rugby! 

I wasn't involved in any other groups but was busy enough!

• Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby?   Also 18 weeks so I'm with @kbrinks2's artichoke!

2) How are you feeling? Good! No second-tri energy, but no nausea either. I get pain in my lower abdomen when I exercise though, I think from my previous surgeries. It's annoying but my doc said not to worry, my abs won't rip apart...because yes, I asked.

3) Any appointments this week/last?    Nope!

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? It's Friday!

5) GTKY: What activities did you do in High School? (Stolen from Wednesday!) Band! Which included marching band. I played the clarinet. If my college had had a real marching band when I was there I'd have joined it too. It was fun!
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    19 weeks- size of a mango or heirloom tomato 

2) How are you feeling? 

Okay overall. I think I've popped and it's taken some getting used to- I don't really feel like I'm in my own body because my shape has changed so much so quickly- but I'm still thrilled to be pregnant, don't get me wrong. I just popped quickly and it snuck up on me!

Next week we have our anatomy scan, impatiently waiting for that 

Is anyone else struggling with people's attitudes about you announcing the pregnancy? I only recently started new job , and while I like my coworkers, we aren't super close yet. So when it came time to announce, I told my boss and a few people I work with- but as word goes down the grapevine and people hear about it, I'm getting some attitudes like "why didn't you announce sooner?" Or "I didn't even know until this week"--- which makes me want to say, excuse me it's my own personal news and I'm just now 19 weeks pregnant so it's not like I've kept a secret for years. I just announced a couple weeks ago anyway, cool it.

Somehow people are making me feel guilty and it's bothering me  :|

Student council president, played field hockey and basketball, year book and newspaper - a young overachiever who has turned into a "Netflix and early bedtime" adult 

• Options
    soulcupcakesoulcupcake member
    edited September 2017

18 weeks? What's the 18 weeks fruit? Let me check. 

2) How are you feeling? 

I feel okay. Heartburn sucks. It usually creeps up later afternoon and evening. My anxiety comes and goes.

I have one today, actually.   

I'm glad it's Friday. Yay!!

Does procrastinating count as an activity? I was a dance major throughout middle and high school at a performing arts school.

G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby?   18 weeks, size of an artichoke/bell pepper

2) How are you feeling?   Feeling pretty good.  Still exhausted most of the time (waiting for that 2nd tri energy to hit), that is until I have to go to sleep.  Then it's insomnia most of the night.

3) Any appointments this week/last?    Had an appointment yesterday.  Fetal HR was 167, I am right on target with weight gain (I was pretty sure I was over), and the Quad Screen came back low risk!  Next appointment is the a/s on October 3rd.  It's going to be a long 2 and a half weeks...

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?  It's kind of a rant and a rave... my boobs are out of control!!  My shirts don't fit anymore, but it's not because of my bump... it's because of my boobs!  I'm totally scared of how much they are going to deflate and sag later...

5) GTKY: What activities did you do in High School? (Stolen from Wednesday!)  I was on the Crew team in high school (rowing), the volley ball team for a week, and the swim team for a season (I was a lane sixer...).  I was also involved in a bunch of social action clubs: Amnesty International, PETA, the recycling club, Habitat for Humanity...  

• Options
    I feel like we all pretty much have the same due date! Which is very neat! Not that the baby's will come on that date but it is still neat! 
    @wal2017 I haven't had any comments about announcing but I teach in a really small school (8 staff members and one of the teachers is my DH!) so we told them all through text over the summer. I'm really sorry you have to listen to the comments but you are right, it's your news and your choice about who knows and when you tell them! Usually people who make those comments think they are friends with everyone, when they really aren't friends with anyone!! 
    Sorry for the rant!
  • Options
    @wal2017 I'm totally struggling with it!! This is my 16th year teaching at the same school, but it is such a negative environment. The people I work with are so clique-y and judgemental. They've made me miserable for years. I have very little desire to share this news with them. I know they are gossiping and asking my teammates about it. Two women have stopped me in the hallway. The more they express a "need" to know, the less I want to share. Part of it is that I have something that makes me happy and I selfishly want to keep it as my own. The other part of it is that I really don't like to draw attention to myself that way. After two very hard, long years of TTC, my husband and I are still very cautiously optimistic about this pregnancy (part of that is cultural, too), and I don't think my co-workers will respect our needs in that way. I have a co-worker who was pregnant as a STM and she literally could have hid it until she gave birth. I'm kind of jealous of that...
  • Options
    20 weeks!! Baby is a banana
  • Options
    Had an ENTIRE reply but for some reason it only posted the first question. Oh well. Going to sleep. Been at work all night. Will try again in the afternoon
  • Options
    18weeks. Artichoke. Slingshot

2) How are you feeling? 

Feeling okay!

Appt on Monday  anatomy scan right after  

MIL can't watch the girls Monday morning and my other options are busy  wtf do I do  grrrrr  

Band, chorus, theatre, cheer, Youth group. 
  • Options
    @TattoosandLace would there be any daycares or dayhomes in town that could keep the girls during your appointment? Do any other Mom's know someone who could possibly keep them for you? 

I have no family within a 28 hour drive so I totally feel your pain! Luckily our DS goes to a dayhome and we got him on a casual list at one of the daycares in town too just in case the dayhome worker cant take him!
  • Options
    @Kbrinks2, no, heure all full. :/  

but our pastor's wife messaged me asking if we had someone and volunteered if we didn't. I am crying. 
  • Options
    @Kbrinks2, no, heure all full. :/  

but our pastor's wife messaged me asking if we had someone and volunteered if we didn't. I am crying. 
    That is amazing!! I am so happy that someone offered!! That will make the appointment much easier!