BFP 9/11/13   EDD 5/21/14   MC 9/20/13  <3
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP 2/25/14   EDD 11/5/14   BD 11/4/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

BFP 8/26/17  EDD  5/5/18
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I dislike football and don't care about it at all. 
    I just used pregnancy to get out of a Gator Game Saturday. I'm right there with ya!
  • Options
    I think weddings and receptions are dumb. I hate going to them. 

DH's best friend had his wedding last night. I'm super happy for them and it was nice seeing them enjoy their day but I don't like weddings. I didn't even want my own wedding. I wanted to elope but DH wanted the whole deal. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    @ivyvines6 I totally agree. I joke about it all the time, always have since long before I was even legal to drink lol but I actually don't drink at all. like, ever. not ever celebratory lol

@duck_duck_goose I agree, breeders are not the devil. Puppy-mills are. Most of the time there is a huge difference between the two. And you're absolutely right, rescues are not for everyone, you have to be willing to commit to helping the animal heal physically and mentally (which takes far far longer) and that's just not for everyone. And that's ok.

@zizzabell523 I don't HATE target, but it's usually my last place to look for stuff. I just don't see the draw. Though the Hearth and Hand collection might get a few visits from me lol

@sparkymcgeee I totally get what you're saying with weddings. my mom and I have done event planning on the side for years so I'll admit I'm a total sucker for them, BUT! I do not understand spending enough to buy a house on a 4 hour party. DH and I got engaged on Monday and married on Thursday (planning didn't start until Monday night after the proposal) it was intimate (30 people including us, our boys, the pastor and our immediate family/their spouses/their kids) the church was like a $75 donation since we were members, my sister made my dress, my aunt did our flowers, did my own hair and make up, my parents were sweet enough to pay for dinner for everyone at a local restaurant and that was it. no dj or anything. it was amazing! we got our church wedding, we got our family gathering/celebration and it was under $1000 for everything
    Angel Babies 1&2 2/14/09
    DS born 3/11
    Angel Baby 3 6/28/11                                                         9/5/17 BFP!!
    divorced October 2014                                                       9/6/17 hCG 88 progesterone 9.1 (prometrium started)
    Married DH 10/15     DH's DS born 6/09                            9/8/17 hCG 242!!!
    Not preventing since 11/15                                                 EDD 5/8/18        Adjusted 5/15/18
    TTC since 1/1/16                                                                9/27/17 we have a heart beat!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy TrackerBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Since we're bringing out the big guns today...

Moes is FAR SUPERIOR to Chipotle. 

• Options
    ivyvines6 said:
    UO: I think it's sad when somebody's sole ambition in life is to be a mom. I mean motherhood is great but what about when they grow up and go to college or move out. What will you do with yourself then? 
     That was my mother and she is starting to have an existential crisis because my youngest sister is 16.  I do enjoy being a SAHM but I also know that I'm going to enjoy the chapter of my life after my kids are in enrolled in school and I can start doing things other than take care of them, and when they go off to college or move out and do something else with their lives I can do even more for myself.  I don't think aspiring to be a mother in its self is a sad situation but not having any aspirations past that short-lived period Is sad to me.
    That's probably a less offensive way to say it. There's NOTHING wrong with wanting to be a mom. Obviously, i enjoy it enough to do it twice haha. I think it's important to have goals for later on in life though and start to do things today that will get you there. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lincbeesmomlincbeesmom member
    edited September 2017
    UO: I think it's sad when somebody's sole ambition in life is to be a mom. I mean motherhood is great but what about when they grow up and go to college or move out. What will you do with yourself then? 

I am the girl girl who always wanted to be a mom. 
    Do I have regrets? Meh, a little. Like, I don't have a career to return to whenever I do rejoin the work force. School is not my thing and I tried college and failed spectacularly. 
    But do I think that I am "just a mom"? Nah. I still have dreams and ambitions, they just may not be career oriented. And, as a 29 year old woman, I still need my mom. She's still a big part of my life, as well as my youngest brother who has moved out and gone to college. 
    Like you said though, you have dreams and aspirations! I think that is so important!

ETA: redundancy 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @JenniatONU you and I can no longer be friends lol but going along with your sentiments (i don't know how unpopular this will be but I think Miracle Whip is one of the grossest foods on the planet lol

link is questionably NSFW (no nudity, but not really work appropriate lol)
    https://theoatmeal.com/blog/miracle_whip 
    Angel Babies 1&2 2/14/09
    DS born 3/11
    Angel Baby 3 6/28/11                                                         9/5/17 BFP!!
    divorced October 2014                                                       9/6/17 hCG 88 progesterone 9.1 (prometrium started)
    Married DH 10/15     DH's DS born 6/09                            9/8/17 hCG 242!!!
    Not preventing since 11/15                                                 EDD 5/8/18        Adjusted 5/15/18
    TTC since 1/1/16                                                                9/27/17 we have a heart beat!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy TrackerBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @ladystinson I love Miracle Whip!!!  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    @Ceridwen77 Ditto :D

I love having a glass of wine at the end of the day. I don't *need* it every day, but I do enjoy it :) It's a nice way to relax and unwind. Plus its freaking delicious.

My UO: I cannot stand over the top, pinterest inspired birthday parties for little ones (mostly under the age of 5, but who knows how I'll feel about this in a few years haha). Everyone and their mom asked me what the "theme" of my DS' 1st birthday party was this year. Um, theme?? He's 1 for crying out loud.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @tincupchalice I have no problem with people who drink wine because they genuinely enjoy it.  I'm talking more about the "My kids are driving me crazy, bring me wine!" culture where you're almost shunned if you don't guzzle wine to help you relax after putting the kids to bed.  The giant wine glasses that say "Mommy's sippy cup" on them, etc.  
    I don't like the whole "my kids are so annoying waaaah" culture in general. Yeah, kids have their moments, but for goodness sake, get a grip people! 
  • Options
    @ceridwen77 What I meant was that if your kids' behavior is bad enough to make you become dependent on alcohol, besides seeking professional help, maybe you should realize that their behavior is that way because of the way you parent.  General you, of course, not you, specifically.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    gildah said:
    I don't think twice about vaccinating my kids. I'm sort of crunchy when it comes to birth and I'll try herbal remedies and stuff, but seriously, I'm so thankful that modern medicine has wiped out so many childhood illnesses in this country
    Yes! My previous pregnancy I went into antivax, but another mom in our group made me her pet project to convert. J is up to date ;) I'm hesitant about introducing him to the flu shot because I've had adverse reactions to it, (like hospitalized twice reactions) but SO gets them every year.
  • Options
    @ceridwen77 What I meant was that if your kids' behavior is bad enough to make you become dependent on alcohol, besides seeking professional help, maybe you should realize that their behavior is that way because of the way you parent.  General you, of course, not you, specifically.  

• Options
    My UO: I hate the taste of beer, wine and basically anything that tastes like alcohol. When I drink I need something that hides the flavor. 
    I also hate the taste of coffee. 
    Because of this my DH says I have the tastebuds of a 5 year old. 
    You might be a super taster. 
  • Options
    Since we're bringing out the big guns today...

Moes is FAR SUPERIOR to Chipotle. 
    I love both. They're different. I'll take queso everyday if I have to choose but I prefer chipotle's chips. SALT!!!
  • Options
    My UO: I hate the taste of beer, wine and basically anything that tastes like alcohol. When I drink I need something that hides the flavor. 
    Meeeee toooooo. Beer and I don't get along well. White wine is ok, but red tastes like butts. 
    But pass me a strawberry margarita and I'm a happy woman. 

• Options

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    Meeeee toooooo. Beer and I don't get along well. White wine is ok, but red tastes like butts. 
    I like beer. Not regular beer though... 
  • Options
    ivyvines6 said:
    I like beer. Not regular beer though... 
    The day before I got my BFP, or really the day of but I was in denial, I went to the grocery store and got a beer sampler of things that my DH refers to as 'not real beer'. Red's and some shandies and a Not Your Mother's. I'll drink regular beer too, but summer fruity beer is the best
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018