Pregnant after IF
Options

1st trimester check in-Week of September 11

Welcome to those who are new to this board!! This is a weekly check-in for those in their 1st trimester: weeks 1 through the end of week 13. We've all gone through a lot to get to this point, so congratulations and best of luck to all of you over the next several months! 

PS sorry for the late post, I have been sick all week with awful morning sickness..

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? 
 2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? 
 3. When is your next appointment? 
 4. Anything else you'd like to share? 
 QOTW: Are you finding out the gender?

Re: 1st trimester check in-Week of September 11

• Options
    9 weeks 1 day, April 17

Nausea all the time (I feel for you @workmanj1 ), lots of aversions, exhaustion

3. When is your next appointment? Just had one today and next one in 4 weeks

4. Anything else you'd like to share? Nope

this is a sensitive question for me and I will answer with the disclaimer that I'm not judging anyone for finding out or how they chose to parent. I'm not finding out the sex. I believe gender is a lot more complex than boy or girl. I know this question will be asked pretty much nonstop throughout my pregnancy so I need to find a way to answer that doesn't offend and doesn't devalue my experience as a trans person. Any (respectful) thoughts are welcome! 
  • Options
    5w1day, May 14

Not much, but I am so hungry! I had breakfast, late morning snack, early lunch, snack about an hour after lunch, a second lunch around 3pm, just ate a huge dinner and I'm sure there will be another meal before bed. Yikes!
    I need to stock up on healthier snacks to have at work so I don't keep eating mac N cheese & granola bars every day.

7wk ultrasound Sept 26th... 2 more weeks!

This still doesn't feel real, I don't really feel pregnant but praying I still am. Would progesterone prevent bleeding if a MC happened at this point?

Yes, we plan to find out so we can pick a name ahead of time, but we won't tell anyone. I want gender neutral baby stuff, and people will be more likely to shop from our registry if they don't know the gender. 

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Happy Thursday!

I had my first OB appointment today! They put me at 11 weeks 3 days, and due April 2.

Feeling pretty good currently! Just frequent urination and heartburn, but nothing really too bad to complain about.

October 12th.  I am already missing my RE and weekly ultrasounds. :(

I got to hear the baby's heartbeat today for the first time!  That was pretty exciting.

We will not be finding out the gender, my husband really wants it to be a surprise, so I'm ok with that.
  • Options
    Thanks @workmanj1!

10w1d, according to the transfer day.  4/11/2017
    None, still.  Well, except for hunger.  I'm always hungry!
    Just had my first appointment with an OB today.  The baby was busy flipping and kicking! 
    I have another appointment next week with the genetics department for nuchal translucency ultrasound and a bunch of blood tests.
    I've moved on up to insulin to control my blood sugar (I'm pre-diabetic).  But I feel much better about having more control over my blood sugar now, and I'm seeing a dietician every couple of weeks to make sure that I'm eating right and so is the baby!
    I know the gender already, as I did the PGS screening.  I thought about not finding out and let it be a surprise, but then felt a bit weird about giving my RE more control over our family planning (because, he knows).  And also I was way too curious and had to find out.  
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • Options
    8wk 6 days Due April 21
    2.What oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?
    Nothing besides peeing a lot, some tiredness, and my boobs are a little tender.
    Meet with a MFM on 9/21
    Had my second appointment with my RE on Weds. Baby was measuring great and hb of 171 :smile:
    Yes we are. I've waited long enough to not find out. Were going to have a gender reveal party also  ;)