March 2018 Moms

'Lazy' parenting hacks!

2»

Re: 'Lazy' parenting hacks!

• My daughter is a year old and I STILL have an oversupply. It's a pain sometimes, and being pregnant definitely doesn't help it. That being said, I'd much rather an oversupply than an undersupply. I'm definitely going to get some of those things so if I have the same "problem" I can at least be productive about it! 
  • Wow, I wish I would have know about these with DD! I hated pumping! I will for sure be forking out the money for a brand new pump because I hated mine last time. Would love to look into a nursing/pumping bra, that sounds awesome @becausescience. I must have been living under a rock while nursing DD. I didnt know about any of these products. And I leaked all over the place. I was amazed that my little A cups could produce milk in the first place! And I was not prepared for all the leaking and pumping that I ended up doing. Now I am curious if I will leak less with baby #2 like you @DDRRT1982
  • Loading the player...
  • @triplejplus1 It was a Rumina Hands Free Nurse and Pump bra. It took a bit to get used to because the flanges go in differently than my Simple Wishes one, but I ended up really liking it when I was switching between nursing and pumping constantly.  :#
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • @becausescience I had an oversupply and never leaked. 
  • @triplejplus1 boob size has nothing to do with milk production. I'm an H cup and had (under) supply issues.

• @HappyMonkey817 its just so crazy and awesome how it all works! I hope this time around you have a great supply! 

@heatherdubrow Jealous you didn't have leaking issues (that would have been so nice when, however I'm sure having an over supply wasn't the most comfortable thing either. 
  • I second dr brown mixing pitching! I used it with my daughter because I didn't produce enough milk. I'm hoping to breastfeed longer this time but I kept the pitcher just incase... what do other moms think about re using bottles for second kid? My daughter is 15 months and we have her bottles still we used dr browns and have tons of them left over they were all cleaned and stored properly once my daughter was off bottles.
    I'm reusing bottles for this one. We have so many of different varieties, well over $250 worth because he wouldn't latch to any of them. As long as you replace the nipples and sterilize the bottles it's fine 
    If you properly clean then,  there is no need to replace the bottles or the nipples.
    It's recommended to replace nipples between children. Due to the sterilization and eating process, the plastic wears and thins over time. Small cracks can happen in the nipple, chunks can come of and the hole widened. Especially if they're in storage for awhile. 
  • @ShawnnaO do you have a link for the suction cup thing?? 
  • For those who plan to pump, Freemies cups are the only thing I will ever use from now on!! They are completely handsfree, fit most pumps and you don't have to disrobe - you can keep them on under your shirt at work. Seriously, game changer. 

They take a major learning curve and because of that, a lot of moms think they don't work, but they REALLY do!

Also, I hose my son down in the sink after each poop to avoid dealing with wipes. It worked for me and was easier but that was just my preference. 
  • Added it to my personal registry list. Thanks @ShawnnaO! I always leaked on the non-feeding side with my daughter and it felt like the biggest waste ever. 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• For those who plan to pump, Freemies cups are the only thing I will ever use from now on!! They are completely handsfree, fit most pumps and you don't have to disrobe - you can keep them on under your shirt at work. Seriously, game changer. 

They take a major learning curve and because of that, a lot of moms think they don't work, but they REALLY do!
    I'm really intrigued by this! 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• DS always nursed from both sides at each feeding so I never thought about having to collect milk from the other side, but I definitely leaked and had to wear a breast pad on the other side (or hold a spit rag up to the other boob if I was taking a rare bra-break), so maybe those things would be good for me. They don't "pump" your boob, right? They just collect milk that's coming out anyway? Because if I could collect extra milk without pumping, that would be awesome! 
  • @wisewitch222 Right, it doesn't pump, just collects the milk that leaks during letdown. I used the milkies milksaver and it worked great. Avent has their own version too, or there's a bunch of cheap knockoffs on Amazon that have decent reviews. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• The haaka is awesome!! I was a leaker with my first so I'm definitely getting one this time. 
  • @DDRRT1982 I love all of these! Even when it was just DH and me, we still had separate colored towels. So useful!

@bettyvonsomethingstein I want a Roomba so badly. I used to have one, but it broke and we never replaced it. We also had the mopping one, but that was back before they improved them. They are so much better now.

@Gingermom15 Great idea about the snack shelf!

DS is 15m and hates to be changed after naps, so I always bring a few pretzel sticks with me. He is very much like his mama. Food is his happy place, lol.
    Married 5/12/2007
    DS 6/3/2016
    MC 1/12/2017
    BFP 7/19/2017
    EDD 3/31/2018