Babies on the Brain

Weekly Chat 9/11

izza2izza2 member
edited September 2017 in Babies on the Brain
What are you looking forward to this week?

What are you dreading? 

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? 

Random thoughts?

GTKY: You have 1 million dollars to spend on someone else, and it has to be spent this week. Who do you spend it on, and what does it go toward?

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

Re: Weekly Chat 9/11

• What are you looking forward to this week? The weekend! I'm so predictable...

What are you dreading? Working a longer day on Wednesday.

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Go to the gym more, not be miserable. :tongue:

Random thoughts? Nada

GTKY: You have 1 million dollars to spend on someone else, and it has to be spent this week. Who do you spend it on, and what does it go toward?
    I'd spend it on my dad, which would also help benefit my mum. :smile: New house, new vehicle, new motorcycle, new lawn toys, pay their bills ahead, etc.

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• What are you looking forward to this week?  We have our department summer picnic at work tomorrow.  It will be nice to work a half day and then get to enjoy a beautiful afternoon outside. 

What are you dreading? Entering the TWW.  Also DH starts his seasonal coaching job this week.  He'll be gone from 7-9 Sundays, and 9-11pm on Mondays and Tuesdays until about Nov. and then starting again in Jan.  Trying to stay positive that its an opportunity for me time!

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Clean, clean, clean!  

Random thoughts?  Nope

GTKY: You have 1 million dollars to spend on someone else, and it has to be spent this week. Who do you spend it on, and what does it go toward?  This is a great question!  I would give my parents $250,000 for all of the sacrifice they made for me growing up.  They can do whatever they want with it, but I would push them to take a nice vacation with some.  The rest would go to DD and DH.  I would get DD's savings and investments started.  It sounds like cheating bc it would also benefit me, but I would use DH's portion for a house.  We rent and he desperately wants something of our own with a nice back yard for the kids.  

• Loading the player...
  • Looking forward to: This is my third short week in a row because of vacation time. So only four days of work for me!

Dreading: Going back to work  :D I've been enjoying being lazy too much!! 

Goals: DH and I really fell off the healthy eating bandwagon, so we need to get back on that. I'm going to the store today, hoping I can keep it all healthy!

Random: nothing

GTKY: I'd give back to my mom and dad. They definitely deserve some of it! And like @KFrob this may be cheating, but I'd give DH enough to pay off his student loans. That's like the one thing that would make him 100% happy right now! The rest I'd probably donate to somewhere local.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @kimberbeep!  Congrats!  I hope your wedding was magical!   :)
  • @kimberbeep congratulations on the wedding!!!

Tomorrow night DH have a fun romantic evening at home planned. We'll see if that actually plays out the way it's planned, I'm doubtful lol. 

What are you dreading? 
    Nothing comes to mind 

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? 
    Also nothing comes to mind

Random thoughts?
    I suck at winning any type of random drawing thing. I've been in a number of them over the years and haven't ever won once LOL

If it's just one person it's going to my mom/dad. If I can split it $250 to each set of parents. $125 into savings for each of the step kids and then $125 for DS and the remain $125 into a misc account for hopefully our next kiddo

Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @izza2 I hope you get some good workouts in and the endorphins help with mood boosting!

@KFrob what does your husband coach?

@CecilB93 yay being healthy! looks like a lot of us are on this bandwagon this fall

@kimberbeep yay for the wedding! Congrats! That's so exciting! Weddings are the best. That honeymoon sounds lovely.

What are you looking forward to this week? Not much to be honest. We've been pretty nonstop lately and I wish we could just have a chill week but I already promised a girls group dinner last night and we have a party thursday night and I know this sounds lame but I just dont want to.

What are you dreading? Having fun apparently :/

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Trying to eat healthy and workout most days! We were at the beach and then an out of town wedding this weekend and my jeans are fitting tighter

Random thoughts?

GTKY: You have 1 million dollars to spend on someone else, and it has to be spent this week. Who do you spend it on, and what does it go toward? Can I make educational trust funds for my kids? Even if we have just two (and especially if we have three), four years of private college and then two to four years of private grad school for both could easily drain most of that. Or I could set up basic college trusts for our kids plus our nieces and nephews. Alternatively donate to charities such as World Wildlife Fund or Doctors Without Borders.

• @lifesabeach85  I also dread having fun!  DH coaches college lacrosse as a second job.  They have a short fall season just for practices and then the real season starts up in January.  

@kindbytealikat  I hope your date night works out!
  • @izza I really hope you mean that your goal is to not be miserable at the gym, not just not be miserable in general.  I mean, it's a good goal to have I guess, but it sets a pretty low bar for the week.

@KFrob Good luck with the coaching!  My husband is getting ready to start working on his theater company's haunted house, which means he'll be gone a few hours a night for a few days a week through October.  I'm not a fan, although once I get used to it I kind of enjoy the solitude.  But I'm really glad that mine is so short term!  I would really struggle with the 11pm thing, I have trouble going to bed without him but that is way past my bedtime.

@kimberbeep Congratulations!!!  I hope you had so much fun getting married!  And hooray for giving notice at your job!  So many exciting things happening at once!

@kindbytealikat Have fun at your romantic evening!  We're actually terrible at being romantic.  I try to plan these really special things, and then they just feel really awkward and forced.  I've pretty much given up on planning tiny special details because they just aren't us.

@diaphena That's so great that your husband is starting to get excited!  I hope you are all able to rest and recover from everything you've been through recently.

BIL is getting married on Saturday!  It should be fun, and I get to be a bridesmaid, which I've never done before.

What are you dreading? I just realized how much I need to get done before I can teach my class on Thursday.  I don't want to do it.

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week?  Just make sure we're all ready for this wedding.  It's out of town.

Random thoughts?  For dinner I had Super-Mini NutTaco Slyders.  DH got them frozen from the store.  They were vegan tacos.  They weren't bad.  I added some cheese.

GTKY: You have 1 million dollars to spend on someone else, and it has to be spent this week. Who do you spend it on, and what does it go toward?  I think I'd start with college funds for the nieces and nephews and other kids in my life.  And pay off student loans for everyone I know.  And maybe buy cars for the couple of people I know who really need them.  Maybe a couple of houses for them, too?  I actually have no real concept for how much a million dollars is, but that seems like it should wipe that out.

• Congratulations @kimberbeep!! I hope you had fun!

Secretstapler said:
    @izza I really hope you mean that your goal is to not be miserable at the gym, not just not be miserable in general.  I mean, it's a good goal to have I guess, but it sets a pretty low bar for the week.
    Yeah, no. I'm in a bit of a bad mood this morning (hence my goal to not be miserable this week, TYVM), so maybe I'm not reading this right, but I feel like my weekly goals are my own and shouldn't be critiqued.
    Just like I wouldn't critique yours or someone else's weekly goals, even if it was just to get through the week.

Excuse me for being a bit of a B, but I've had a pretty rough start to not only my own semester, but DSS's school year, and haven't socialized with friends and family as much as usual, which yeah - it makes me miserable.
    So if I feel like my "low bar" goal of just wanting to get through the week without being 100% miserable is appropriate, then you can bet that's what my goal is going to be.

Thanks! Glad we had this chat!
    I'll probably be avoiding this thread for a while, because holy crap I feel like that was an incredibly rude thing to do.

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @izza2 - I'm sorry you're having a rough few days. We've all been there. I don't think anyone meant to make you feel worse for expressing your mood, but I also don't want to speak for anyone else. I hope that things turn around for you soon! 
  • @izza Oh my God, I'm so sorry!!!! I definitely did not mean to criticize you at all.  I assumed that you meant you didn't want to be miserable at the gym, so I was trying to make a joke.  I had no idea that you were actually feeling that bad in general, in which case that is a really good goal. I have definitely had weeks where all I want to do is survive it, so I really do understand what you mean.  I feel really terrible that I misread your post and said something so cruel, especially when you were already feeling so awful.  Looking at it again, I can see how awful it was.  I'm so sorry, please don't step away because of me.  I'll take a step back to make sure you feel comfortable here.  Again, I'm so sorry, and please let me know if I can do anything to make it up.
  • @izza2 I hope things get better for you soon. Depressive periods are not fun at all, and I definitely empathize with you *creepy internet hugs* Hopefully the long work day today goes well!

@KFrob How did the picnic go? How's the cleaning going? Your way of spreading out that money sounds good! If only we could all actually have that money, lmao.

@CecilB93 How's being back at work?

@kimberbeep Congratulations! I hope the wedding was wonderful! Honestly, as far as giving notice at your job, you need to do what's best for you. If your boss doesn't even acknowledge the fact that you're a human being with a life outside of work and some major milestones happening, then perhaps it's time to move along.

@kindbytealikat I hope the date night goes well for you guys! It sounds like you need one. I have bad luck with random drawings, too. I've only ever won one.

@lifesabeach85 Nothing wrong with not wanting to do things and just stay home and relax! I wish we could do that tonight, but we have to go see my mom (she leaves tomorrow, thankfully).

@diaphena Yay for the good words from your DH about kids! I'm happy for you! I'm also glad that the trip for the funeral was worth it and you got to see everyone. That's probably the only real upside of big funeral services. Definitely get some sleep!

@Secretstapler Your ideas for the million sound good!

What are you looking forward to this week? Our first wedding anniversary is on Sunday, and we're spending it at Magic Kingdom. I'm really looking forward to it :) I also have a doctor appointment on Friday to see if I can pin down what the heck this new pain I'm dealing with is.

What are you dreading? The possibility that the pain is something serious.

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Laundry, as always. We also have to put our house back together after the hurricane prep.

Random thoughts? We're fine, our house is fine, and as far as I know, my mom and uncle's house is fine. There are a lot of downed trees and damaged billboards and signs in our neighborhood, and some homes lost their roofs. But yeah, we're fine. DH did do the ride out at work, so he was on the clock for something like 82 hours straight (6am Saturday until 2:30pm yesterday). His check next Thursday is going to be insane.

GTKY: You have 1 million dollars to spend on someone else, and it has to be spent this week. Who do you spend it on, and what does it go toward? Like everyone else, I'd like to split it up. Half would go to DH (pay off the one car and replace the other, buy a nice house, take care of debts, nice little nest egg, all that stuff), 125 to each set of parents to use as they will, and the rest would be split evenly amongst our siblings and closest friends to use as they will.
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @dreamscapes_  The picnic was good!  Good food, got some extra time to hang out with DH (we work for the same department), and got out of work early.  The cleaning, not so much.  I feel like my house have been take over by Little People.  

So glad to hear you're safe, have limited damage, and your DH is getting an insane OT paycheck!  
  • @dreamscapes_ Good yet sucks being back at work, haha. And today my boss decided to not come in because she has to use her PTO or lose it at the end of the year. This is my first time ever without her here at all  :#  Congrats on your anniversary! 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Hey @dreamscapes_, DH and I went to this culinary event this weekend (a bunch of chefs gather an host a booth with food or drinks for charity) and I saw this one and thought of you!

• @dreamscapes_ You're getting all the love this week :) but just wanted to echo everyone else with how grateful I am you're safe and sound!
  • So glad you're okay @dreamscapes_

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• @KFrob I'm glad the picnic was fun! I definitely feel the same about the house being taken over, though.

@CecilB93 Congrats on your anniversary, too! I hope you guys were able to spend some time together just the two of you! How was the day without your boss?

@JennyColada That's awesome! Thank you for thinking of me! :D

@emiliadkay Thank you! :)

@notthefather Thanks!
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @dreamscapes_ Wasn't bad thank goodness!! It was a pretty slow day though, I fear the day we have a crazy day and she's gone lol
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18