So we just attempted a fresh DE cycle with an anonymous but proven donor from ARR (she has one prior cycle which was successful). We were doing the cycle out of state where the donor is located. We were 8 days into stims when her monitoring appointment revealed that her follicles had stopped growing and her E2 dropped. In talking to her, the nurse was able to figure out that the donor had not taken any meds whatsoever the day before. She "forgot" (?!??!) They tried to salvage the cycle by bumping up her meds but it could not be saved and I got the call yesterday that the RE cancelled it. I'm so frustrated and angry. Husband and I are trying to decide where to go from here. We have already invested about $10,000 into this donor that we cannot get back (the agency fee, meds, legal, medical screenings, travel for our screening appointments, etc.) That's not including the donor fee, which we would get the majority of back at this point. The agency is trying to talk me into giving this donor another shot as apparently it was an honest mistake (she was pet/house sitting and trying to balance too much, and thought she had taken them when she hadn't) and she feels terrible about it. Doing another cycle with her would be by far the quickest and most economically feasible option. Am I crazy for considering giving her another shot?! I am also wondering if this is a sign that this is not meant to be and I should give it another shot with my own eggs as I am only 36 and was on the fence about using DE in the first place. We have one more IVF cycle with insurance coverage left and it can be used for either me or a donor.
I would appreciate any thoughts ladies! Thank you.
TTC History in Spoiler:
Me: 35 DH: 37
IUI (x2) - BFN
IVF #1 - Aug. 2016 - 3R, 3 fert., 3 day transfer of 2 embryos - BFP - twins - M/C at 8 weeks after hearing heartbeats - both chromosomally abnormal
IVF #2 - Dec. 2016 - 9R, 4 fert, 5 day transfer of 2 embryos - BFP - singleton - M/C at 10 weeks after hearing heartbeat - chromosomally abnormal
IVF #3 - May 2017 - 3R, 3 fert., PGS of 2 5 day blasts - both abnormal
DE #1 - September 2017 - two cycles with same donor cancelled due to poor response
DE #2 - January 2018 - new donor - 27R, 19 mature, 15 fert. and 4 eggs frozen, 8 PGS normal 5 day blasts, awaiting transfer