May 2018 Moms

Super Early, Super Unnecessary, Baby name thread

Re: Super Early, Super Unnecessary, Baby name thread

• Loading the player...
  • @jbeckley120  There was nothing ugly about @sparkymcgee's tone, and @ivyvines6 simply asked you a question.  Your tone and words were much uglier than theirs.  The "bully" talk was not in reference to you.  I suggest you calm down. 

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• I'm hoping we have a boy, partly because I used up my perfect name for a girl already and it would be very difficult to match its meaning and beauty.  Everyone loves it!  My husband gets to name him if it's a boy (though I have veto power).

Is anyone considering naming a girl after a famous woman, real or fictional? What are your ideas?

• @Shima42 My daughter is named after Catherine of Aragon. We chose her because of her commitment to her faith. I myself am named after Eleanor Roosevelt and Eleanor of Aquitaine. There are so many wonderful women in history and literature to choose from. A few great ones with gorgeous names that come to mind are Queen Elizabeth, Minerva Mirabal, Rosa Parks, Amelia Earhart, and Clara Barton.
  • Shima42 said:
    I'm hoping we have a boy, partly because I used up my perfect name for a girl already and it would be very difficult to match its meaning and beauty.  Everyone loves it!  My husband gets to name him if it's a boy (though I have veto power).

Is anyone considering naming a girl after a famous woman, real or fictional? What are your ideas?
    I loved the named Marion but SO isn't a fan :'(
  • @firefliesandfjords really like the middle name Constantine! H vetoed a long time ago though...
    BabyFruit Ticker
    1. If you were to have any name your heart desired for your baby what would it be? And why won't you use it?  Josephine for a girl, and Xavier for a boy but MH hates both.
    2. Now give the realistic choices you might actually end up with?  Right now we're thinking Natalie or Meredith for a girl, and Patrick for a boy.  I'm currently trying to talk MH into Josephine for a middle name for our girl.
    3. What style of names do you like?  Traditional but not too common.
    4. If you're comfortable sharing your other children's names what are they? Do you have a sibset in mind?  Abigail Corrine and Hannah Jane.
    DD's middle name is Josephine. I love it so much.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • I've always wanted Samuel for a boy but DH hates it and has hard vetoed it both previous times.

He won't talk about names until we find out if it's a boy or a girl.  He says it's too much pressure if he doesn't know.
    November Siggy Challenge

1. If you were to have any name your heart desired for your baby what would it be? And why won't you use it? I love boys names that start with J but our last name also starts with J and it doesn't sound right. For a girl I had my heart set on Kylie but a good friend used the name.
    2. Now give the realistic choices you might actually end up with? I think we're leaning towards Christopher Scott for a boy and maybe Madison for an girl.
    3. What style of names do you like? For boys I like more traditional, strong sounding names.
    4. If you're comfortable sharing your other children's names what are they? Do you have a sibset in mind? DS1 is Ethan David and DS2 is Matthew Charles
    1. If you were to have any name your heart desired for your baby what would it be? And why won't you use it? I love the names Nia, Talia and Indie for a girl but in real life Nia is Fi's ex girlfriend, Talia is just not a nice person. Indie, two friends named their little girls that in the last year so that's out.
    2. Now give the realistic choices you might actually end up with? For a boy I love Davis with the nickname davey, Davis is Fis family name that no one has anymore so I think that would be lovely. For a girl Kali/ Callie? Really unsure of spelling! My late fathers name was Ron, way too old fashioned for me but I love Ronnie as a girls name, his birthday would have been really close to my due date too. (Fun fact, my sister and nan shared a birthday and my little one and her grandad could share a birthday too)
    3. What style of names do you like? Kind of unusual but not made up, also names with meaning to me/ family names etc.
    4. If you're comfortable sharing your other children's names what are they? Do you have a sibset in mind? FTM but already know I'm not gonna tell anyone my plans for names because people are jerks and it will get ruined.
  • @Shima42 I liked the name Monroe but DH didn't like the Marilyn connection. 
  • @jessnoel89 I'm in your husband's camp on this one - I'd rather my daughter have a role model who was more famous for what she did than what she looked like :smile: but on the other hand, Monroe is an uncommon name for a girl, and Marilyn did have an impact on a lot of people!

1. If you were to have any name your heart desired for your baby what would it be? And why won't you use it? 
    I love the name Charlotte, but wouldn't use it because it's so popular now. I just had two friends name their daughters Charlotte.
    1. Now give the realistic choices you might actually end up with?
    If we have a boy we are leaning towards Desmond Patrick (Patrick is SO's middle name). For a girl I am loving the name Emerson with a nn Emmy. SO isn't sold, but I'm hoping I can sway him haha. 
    1. What style of names do you like?
    SO and I both have super common names so we try to steer away from those. Other than that I don't think I have a particular style. I do love Irish names though! 
    1. If you're comfortable sharing your other children's names what are they? Do you have a sibset in mind?
    Our son is Cameron. No sibset in mind. 
    1. If you were to have any name your heart desired for your baby what would it be? And why won't you use it? My top choice for a girl is Violet, but DH hates it. 
    2. Now give the realistic choices you might actually end up with? Well we have a list of about 5 girl names and 7 boy names, but we're not sold on any particular name yet. Also after reading this thread I've seen 2 or 3 of our girl choices and 3 of our boy choices mentioned as being the names you ladies will be using which is making me question having them on our list. We didn't name DD until she was born though so I'm not stressing too much. 
    3. What style of names do you like? I don't know if I really have a style, but one of my criteria is it has to be a real name and not a unique or speshul spelling. DH likes some weird names so we have a "veto" agreement (any name either of us hates is automatically vetoed no matter how much the other loves it)
    4. If you're comfortable sharing your other children's names what are they? Do you have a sibset in mind? DD's name has pretty significant meaning, so DH is struggling with finding a name that will have as much of a meaning to us as her name. I told him that's not as important as both of us loving the name. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Rowboat4 - I had the same thought! Penelope is for sure out, lol
  • @Pearlvirus I love Penelope but it's getting more popular plus DH doesn't like it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Shima42 yeah I liked it because it was unique. I didn't even make the Marilyn connection until DH said something. I still like it though!
    1. If you were to have any name your heart desired for your baby what would it be? And why won't you use it? My late mother was Scarlett and although I would love to use it, my sister has called dibs on it. She did let me claim William after our late brother. 
    2. Now give the realistic choices you might actually end up with?  Girl names: Violet Olivia, Eleanor Constance, Emileigh Rachel. Boy names: William Johnston, Elijah Phillip, Jasper Lucius. 
    3. What style of names do you like? I like old-school family names. William Johnston would have been my late brother's name and Jasper Lucius was my great, great grandfather's name. They're all pretty awesome IMO but they are listed in order of likelihood. 
    4. If you're comfortable sharing your other children's names what are they? Do you have a sibset in mind? No other kids, no sibset.
  • @thunderberry Juliet is such a beautiful name. It's on our short list!
    1. If you were to have any name your heart desired for your baby what would it be? And why won't you use it?
    I don't know if I have anything here. My husband vetoed Kieran for our second because he thought people would call him "queer-an" if he were ever made fun of...whatever DH. I eliminated J names from consideration before because DH is one of three boys named with J but we have two boys now so I might consider Jacob if we had a boy. I also didn't want two of the same in case we stopped at two so when we decided on baby2, I wouldn't use DS's first initial

2. Now give the realistic choices you might actually end up with?
    no idea. We are super screwed on boy names. We struggled last time and I feel like our kids names go nicely together but aren't matchy. I'm not sure what we could add to compliment it for a boy name. 
    Girl names, I like Meredith and Paige. Probably some sort of family middle name.

3.What style of names do you like?
    both boys are Irish names so that's a big thing for me! They get DHs last name so I want my heritage in there somewhere. I'm not sure that will hold this time because I'm running out of ones I like that aren't weird or too common. I don't like alliteration so can't start with the same letter as our last name. And I have lots of others rules about initials and such. I'm a name nerd.

4 If you're comfortable sharing your other children's names what are they? Do you have a sibset in mind?
    Don't wanna share just yet but they're little Irish boys :-) 

1. If you were to have any name your heart desired for your baby what would it be? And why won't you use it? Levi Todd or William Randall if this one's a boy. DH hates both of them and I don't care for his choices either. :( Would love to incorporate my mom's name (Deborah / Debbie), but I never have liked it lol. She lost her battle with breast cancer in 2004, so that's why I want to use her name.
    2. Now give the realistic choices you might actually end up with? Girl: Coralynn Marie (this was DD's 2nd choice name). Boy: ?????
    3. What style of names do you like? Family names
    4. If you're comfortable sharing your other children's names what are they? Do you have a sibset in mind? DD is Hiley Pearl. Hiley was DH's GGM, Pearl was my GM. Not going to play on the whole sibling set. If it happens to rhyme or they have the same initials, it'll be purely coincidental.

BFP 9/11/13   EDD 5/21/14   MC 9/20/13  <3
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP 2/25/14   EDD 11/5/14   BD 11/4/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

BFP 8/26/17  EDD  5/5/18
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I love the baby names board. I used to be a reg over there a million years ago. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • @zizzabell523 can you use your moms middle name or maiden name?
    BabyFruit Ticker