June 2016 Moms

September 2017 Pre/TTC & Grad Check-In

Welcome to the monthly pre-TTC, TTC, and TTC Grad check-in. This board is designed to allow those of us considering our next child to update the other members of June 2016 on that journey. Please feel free to post often in this board, updating as the month goes on if your status or details change, or if you have anything inspiring/sassy/a fun gif/etc to add. We are here to provide each other with support, comfort, non-medical answers, and help with the BSC symptom spotting that we know can happen.

For Pre-TTC -

*How long until TTC begins?

*How is the wait going?

*General questions, updates, r/r

For TTC -

*What month/cycle?

*(If you're comfortable) What are you doing to get KU?

*Any symptom spotting chart stalking craziness we can help with?

For KU -

*(If this is your first post after your BFP) When did you find out you were pregnant? How did you tell your SO this time around? Feel free to share any other details you're comfortable with (what were you doing to get KU, how long were you trying this time, etc)

*How far along are you/when are you due?

*Future or recent appointment updates?

*Team Pink or Blue?

*How is this pregnancy different from/similar to June '16?

Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
Married: 11/2013
M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018

Re: September 2017 Pre/TTC & Grad Check-In

• Currently Pre-TTC 

*How long until TTC begins? Unknown

*How is the wait going? Currently suffering from serious baby fever

Haven't brought it up to DH about trying for another one soonish, except very generally. We've been in agreement about a 2-3 year age gap, but I don't think he realizes how soon that's coming up. I haven't found the right moment to bring it up yet, but I'd like to start trying after Jackie turns 18m. Or at least get my nexplanon out and not trying/not preventing.

DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • KU.

*How far along are you/when are you due? 25 weeks, December 18th

*Future or recent appointment updates? Just had my 24 week appointment/GD test (1 hour). All is looking for for babe, BUT I failed the 1 hour and I'm waiting for them to call and schedule the 3 hour. I didn't have GD with DD1 and I've taken better care of myself this time around (less sweets, less carbs, more proteins, whole food and water

*Team Pink or Blue? PINK!!

*How is this pregnancy different from/similar to June '16? Like I mentioned earlier, I've tried taking better care of myself (not just for my sake, but for DD1's sake too), make better choices, etc. so I'm shocked I failed the 1 hr. I'm also exhausted because toddlers, man!! Heartburn is a daily thing. So is sciatica pain. Kill me. 

*General questions, updates, r/r Anyone fail the 1hr and pass the 3? Anyone fail the 1hr and never get called to schedule the 3? Lol. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • *General questions, updates, r/r Anyone fail the 1hr and pass the 3? Anyone fail the 1hr and never get called to schedule the 3? Lol. 
    With Jax I had to do the 3 hour and was able to pass it. From what I understand you need to pass 2 of the 3 blood draws and the numbers they allow are less restrictive (can't remember if they're supposed to be high or low). They do the 1 hr so that if you can pass it you don't have to waste 3 hours but it's meant to capture more people than would actually be considered to have GD. The drink is way sugarier though, so be prepared.
  • @splsmama2016 Sorry about the 1-hour fail. As @meggyme said, the 3 hour is less restrictive and a good portion of people go on to pass it. GD is mostly determined by how your placenta reacts with your blood sugars, so you likely have a more sensitive placenta this time. Also, subsequent pregnancies are always more susceptible, as well as having a previous baby born large (9 lbs or more).
  • Yay! This is me

*(If this is your first post after your BFP) When did you find out you were pregnant? How did you tell your SO this time around? Feel free to share any other details you're comfortable with (what were you doing to get KU, how long were you trying this time, etc) I found out super early, 9 DPO and eclipse day, because I had some kind of cold/sinus/mild death going on starting about 4 DPO and wasn't sure what I could do about it. Didn't really believe my first test because it was early and a Wondfo, so I went out and bough some FRERs. After a positive the next day, I bought a Big Brothers are the Best book during my lunch break and had Miles give it to DH to read at bedtime that night. It was fun

*How far along are you/when are you due? Almost 6 weeks by my O date. If my office insists on using my LMP again, almost 7

*Future or recent appointment updates? First appointment still a week and a half away

*Team Pink or Blue? Probably finding out

*How is this pregnancy different from/similar to June '16? Not much different so far. I want to say I'm more tired, but having a toddler will do that

*General questions, updates, r/r Excited to be here and ready to be done with first tri already

• @artlea2013 that's such a cute way to tell DH!
  • meggyme said:
    *General questions, updates, r/r Anyone fail the 1hr and pass the 3? Anyone fail the 1hr and never get called to schedule the 3? Lol. 
    With Jax I had to do the 3 hour and was able to pass it. From what I understand you need to pass 2 of the 3 blood draws and the numbers they allow are less restrictive (can't remember if they're supposed to be high or low). They do the 1 hr so that if you can pass it you don't have to waste 3 hours but it's meant to capture more people than would actually be considered to have GD. The drink is way sugarier though, so be prepared.
    I failed thw first when I was pregnant with my twins and ended up passing the 3hr.
  • *How far along are you/when are you due? 13 weeks today! Hello second trimester! 

*Future or recent appointment updates? Had an appointment yesterday with an ultrasound here's our little peanut 

*Team Pink or Blue? We will find out next week 

How is this pregnancy different from/similar to June '16? Nauseous is worse it was a tiny bit better today so I hope that means it's fading away

*General questions, updates, r/r  not that I can think of.

Daisypath - nBGk

Lilypie - GQnA

• @artlea2013 that's such a cute way to tell DH!
  • meggymemeggyme member
    edited September 2017
    @khenry12 Congrats to you and your family, Malcolm is beautiful! Good job Mama!
  • khenry12 said:
    Team green turned... blue! Malcolm Alan joined us at 39+0. After a days worth of contractions that werent quite regular enough to go to the hospital my water broke.  I was nursing Adi to sleep and she popped off, looked at me, said "bye bye baby" and I popped. Maybe coincidence, but it was pretty neat. Little Mal is only 6#4oz compared to Adi's 7#11oz, but she was three weeks later than he. DD, DH, and I could not be more in love. 
    How awesome!!!! I love the name too!
  • Congratulations!  He's beautiful!  <3
  • @khenry12 Absolutely amazing and so perfect!!!
  • Congrats!!!!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Congrats!!! Love the name!
  • @khenry12 He's here!!! Congratulations!! So handsome! I hope you and the family are doing well.
  • @khenry12 Yay, so cute and what a nice story. Enjoy!
  • Hey everyone! I've been a little MIA lately but I'm back! Summer was super busy and Audri was in such a good routine with naps, nursing, and weaning we were just rolling right along. 

*(If this is your first post after your BFP) When did you find out you were pregnant? How did you tell your SO this time around? Feel free to share any other details you're comfortable with (what were you doing to get KU, how long were you trying this time, etc)

I'm pregnant! I found out September 2nd. I took the test first thing in the morning and the line was super faint, so I woke DH up to show him and make sure I was seeing it right. No fanfare this time, just nice really morning cuddles and "holy crap we're having another" conversation. We decided to try for #2 a few days before I ovulated. We'd been taking about it and decided we liked having Audrielle right at the end of the school year so I had summer of with her. I was pretty shocked I got ku in the first cycle. I was using opk strips and the clue app to track ovulation. 

I haven't seen my ob yet, but I'm guessing my due date is May 13 (mother's day!)

My first apt is Monday and I'll get orders for an ultrasound, hopefully soon! I hate waiting!

*Team Pink or Blue?

Too early to tell and we will find out. We're happy with either gender. I wanted a girl first and we had Audri, so I'm ok with either gender this time. 

This one is pretty similar from what I remember. I'm possibly more tired, but toddler wrangling might have something to do with that. No aversions yet, so I'm really hoping that remains the trend. 

Any KU mama's still breastfeeding? We're working on weaning but not there yet. We're down to morning and before bedtime. Bedtime is almost phased out. It's bittersweet winding down. I still love snuggling her and she still loves her milkies, but I want to have her weaned a good deal before baby 2 arrives. 

Also, we're debating the crib/nursery situation. The second bedroom is smaller and will be a tighter for for a nursery. But, I hate the idea of moving Audri out of her room. DH things she'll adjust but I'm worried it will make her feel replaced, and resentful when she's older having the smaller room. Also, debating if we get her sleeping in a twin bed before baby arrives so we have the crib free for #2. We'll likely have the new lo in the pack n play in  our room till about 4 months again. Anyone looking to transition #1 to a bed before baby arrives?

• arteduc8 said:

Hey everyone! I've been a little MIA lately but I'm back! Summer was super busy and Audri was in such a good routine with naps, nursing, and weaning we were just rolling right along. 

I'm pregnant! I found out September 2nd. I took the test first thing in the morning and the line was super faint, so I woke DH up to show him and make sure I was seeing it right. No fanfare this time, just nice really morning cuddles and "holy crap we're having another" conversation. We decided to try for #2 a few days before I ovulated. We'd been taking about it and decided we liked having Audrielle right at the end of the school year so I had summer of with her. I was pretty shocked I got ku in the first cycle. I was using opk strips and the clue app to track ovulation. 

I haven't seen my ob yet, but I'm guessing my due date is May 13 (mother's day!)

My first apt is Monday and I'll get orders for an ultrasound, hopefully soon! I hate waiting!

*Team Pink or Blue?

Too early to tell and we will find out. We're happy with either gender. I wanted a girl first and we had Audri, so I'm ok with either gender this time. 

This one is pretty similar from what I remember. I'm possibly more tired, but toddler wrangling might have something to do with that. No aversions yet, so I'm really hoping that remains the trend. 

Any KU mama's still breastfeeding? We're working on weaning but not there yet. We're down to morning and before bedtime. Bedtime is almost phased out. It's bittersweet winding down. I still love snuggling her and she still loves her milkies, but I want to have her weaned a good deal before baby 2 arrives. 

Also, we're debating the crib/nursery situation. The second bedroom is smaller and will be a tighter for for a nursery. But, I hate the idea of moving Audri out of her room. DH things she'll adjust but I'm worried it will make her feel replaced, and resentful when she's older having the smaller room. Also, debating if we get her sleeping in a twin bed before baby arrives so we have the crib free for #2. We'll likely have the new lo in the pack n play in  our room till about 4 months again. Anyone looking to transition #1 to a bed before baby arrives?

How exciting! Congrats! You are in good company, a lot of the june' 16 ladies are pregnant and @artlea2013 is due in May too.
  • Congrats!!!!!!!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Congrats!!! @arteduc8

I was able to continue pumping for quite awhile after my BFP.  Into early second trimester, but I also want trying to maintain my supply either once I hit 12 months.  So I think it was around 15 weeks that my supply pretty much gave up.  Oddly (or not?) I will still release milk if the nipples have been stimulated.

How's the May '18 BMB treating you?  January '18 may go down as the nicest BMB ever.
  • Yay @arteduc8! Seen you on the May board, exciting! I am still nursing on occasion, definitely in the evenings, unless we're out late and he falls asleep in the car :| but trying to stave off the morning feed. As long as he wakes up at the right time and not tired still, I can get by, but otherwise he's a fiend for milk. The sheer uncomfortableness of it is finally calming down, or maybe I'm just getting used to the ache, but I too am hoping to be done sometime around the end of the year. Haven't gotten too many feels about it yet, but I'm sure they'll come as the date actually approaches.

As far as the crib situation, I would love to switch Miles to a different bed now, but that's probably premature. He hates falling asleep in his crib as he wants to be touching me, and just a hand through the bars doesn't do it. If you do switch Audri, I would suggest doing it early April, if not before. Give her plenty of time to get used to the bed before baby arrives. Regressions happen in many areas for older kids when new littles are added to the family and sleep can be a serious one. If I'm still dealing with the bed time fight we go through now come January, I may be switching then, or moving the crib mattress to the floor for a little bit first. We shall see.
  • @arteduc8 I nursed Adi all the way through pregnancy, I was actually nursing her when my water broke. My supply took a hit around 12 weeks and was basically gone by 15/16 weeks. A few drops here and there but not enough to sustain a 9 month old! We switched to formula but she still asked for the breast often. I was suffering some serious mom guilt about not being able to feed her anymore and I cherished our nursing time so much so we continued to dry nurse through the remainder of the pregnancy. We are now tandem nursing. It's a lot of nursing but they are already bonding with each other while they nurse. I always planned on extended bfing Adi anyway (at least til 2) so this is the best scenario for us right now. The poor little man gets deluged occasionally though, as my supply straightens out. 
  • Congrats @arteduc8!